RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   DX9 and AR7610 receiver (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/11676487-dx9-ar7610-receiver.html)

bigcam 03-18-2020 11:52 AM

DX9 and AR7610 receiver

I think I'm getting old. L Elevator servo plugged into Aux 2 port in AR7610 receiver. Servo goes full down when receiver power is turned on. Wasn't this way last fall and I can't find a setup/fix for problem. Any help appreciated. Thanks

MaxSouthoz 03-18-2020 12:20 PM

We're all getting old, BC. :p
Do you have a spare servo you can try for a test?
Cheers
Max

BarracudaHockey 03-18-2020 01:31 PM

What is on your monitor screen, you don't even have to power up the receiver. Chances are you have it assigned to a switch or something.

bigcam 03-18-2020 02:50 PM

Thanks for the reply. I have the mix installed between Aileron and Aux 2. I have elevator rates on switch C. In order to get the proper servo travel on Aux 2 servo,. I have to set Aux 2 sub trim to +225. This sets the horizontal bar graph at 34%. Aileron Servo Sub trim is 0 and the bar graph is at 0. What am I doing wrong?

bigcam 03-18-2020 03:17 PM

Additionally, when I use a different servo (JR537in a different receiver, Hitec 5625s are in the plane) the 537 is substantially away from the central position compared with the Hitech. Me, Servo, Receiver, or transmitter. Never had this experience before.

BarracudaHockey 03-18-2020 03:45 PM

Are you saying you're using a P-mix between the primary and secondary aileron?

bigcam 03-18-2020 07:04 PM

Sorry, P-Mix x 1 ELE > AX2 On

BarracudaHockey 03-19-2020 04:09 AM

You're doing this the hard and wrong way.

Use the wing type and tail type menu to select dual aileron or dual elevator

Plug everything in where it shows on the monitor.

It will remap your channels so you should probably unplug everything and start over.

bigcam 03-19-2020 07:38 AM

Andy, Thanks. Before I do a complete reset let me review my info. The Transmitter is set to Acro. The Wing type is set to 2 servos and the elevator is set to 2 servos. If the mix between Elev and Aux 2 is inhibited, the Aux 2 Elev servo does not move. If the mix is on, it does. The servo plug into the receiver is correct I believe because all other surfaces move correctly and the all of the receiver ports are being used.

BarracudaHockey 03-19-2020 07:43 AM

If you have 2 aileron in the wing type, and 2 elevator in the tail type, then there's no reason for a mix as long as everything is plugged up correctly.

Please export and attach your SPM file, I"ll load it and take a look.

Also, use the monitor to verify what is being sent out vice what is happening at the receiver.

DGrant 03-19-2020 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by bigcam (Post 12590576)
Andy, Thanks. Before I do a complete reset let me review my info. The Transmitter is set to Acro. The Wing type is set to 2 servos and the elevator is set to 2 servos. If the mix between Elev and Aux 2 is inhibited, the Aux 2 Elev servo does not move. If the mix is on, it does. The servo plug into the receiver is correct I believe because all other surfaces move correctly and the all of the receiver ports are being used.

Where did the transmitter assign the second Elev servo? Look at the Rx channel assignment screen, that will tell you where Elev 1 and Elev 2 should be plugged in.

What leads me to this is your Elev doesn't work in Aux2 obviously.... which would then tell me Elev 2 is not plugged into the correct Rx port.

If the elev servo goes full down the way it's currently set up, it's probably literally on an auxiliary channel that's switched somewhere... which could/might also be in a mix somewhere. For what you're doing though, it doesn't sound like you need or want any mixes running. Just have the correct wing and tail types selected, and follow the Rx channel assignment screen, and plug and play.

bigcam 03-23-2020 05:35 AM

Thanks for all the help. All I had to do was go to Channel Assign. I found this out by "snooping". Unfortunately this is not mentioned after selecting wing type (#aileron servos ) and elevator type (#servos). I'm an old JR 8103 guy so I'm begging forgiveness!!!

DGrant 03-23-2020 05:57 AM

Good deal. You should be snooping all over that radio. There's many things that aren't mentioned in any manual. There's long-running threads on RCG for many specific Spektrum components, including the DX family of radios. It's frequented by many experienced users, designers, engineers, etc.. alot of experience in that thread. I suggest jumping in and subscribing, and following it, and/or posting up in it if you have any more questions. It's easy to find.

They're doing many things with these DX radios, and they can't write any manual that's big enough..hence the ongoing threads seem to serve as a perpetual evolving source of info. Fortunately your problem here was very easy, but if you need complex advice, that's where you might want to look. Good luck with your radio.