RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   Unusual Frankenstein questions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/11690866-unusual-frankenstein-questions.html)

George out the box 06-04-2021 08:23 PM

Unusual Frankenstein questions

Hay. So I have a few questions. (Not sure if I am posting this right so bear with please)
questions,
1: what does each wire control on a 5 wire esc that goes to the steering servo. And what wire does what on the 5 wire servo?
1b: is it possible to wire a 2 wire servo into a 5 wire esc?
2: If I use a 60a esc on a toy grade rc car will it blow any thing up? ( I think I know the answer, but just curious if anyone has theories,) I had to use two remotes for it to work which is the reason for the 1b question.
I had to use two remotes cause the esc has a 5 wire servo connection. So I had to use the 60a esc to power the motor and the other remote to turn it. Weird but it works. Hence Frankenstein's rc. Lol.
3: last question..I have a 60a esc in my Hosim 9125 dual brushed motor with oil shocks. Fairly stock. Any suggestions on a possibly larger 2s lipo to run other than stock, (7.4v 1600mah 25c) can I use a 3s?

Zeeb 06-05-2021 05:29 PM

Google is your friend. There is stuff you NEED TO LEARN ON YOUR OWN.

AndyKunz 06-11-2021 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by George out the box (Post 12680795)
Hay. So I have a few questions. (Not sure if I am posting this right so bear with please)
questions,
1: what does each wire control on a 5 wire esc that goes to the steering servo. And what wire does what on the 5 wire servo?
1b: is it possible to wire a 2 wire servo into a 5 wire esc?
2: If I use a 60a esc on a toy grade rc car will it blow any thing up? ( I think I know the answer, but just curious if anyone has theories,) I had to use two remotes for it to work which is the reason for the 1b question.
I had to use two remotes cause the esc has a 5 wire servo connection. So I had to use the 60a esc to power the motor and the other remote to turn it. Weird but it works. Hence Frankenstein's rc. Lol.
3: last question..I have a 60a esc in my Hosim 9125 dual brushed motor with oil shocks. Fairly stock. Any suggestions on a possibly larger 2s lipo to run other than stock, (7.4v 1600mah 25c) can I use a 3s?

1a) A 5-wire servo has two power leads for the motor, and three feedback leads which come from a potentiometer. The actual smarts of the servo are on the main board. This tells me you have a toy-grade system.

1b) Not without a major engineering undertaking. You would be better off completely eliminating the toy control system and replace it with a hobby-grade system.

2) No. The ESC can deliver UP TO 60A. The motor will only draw as much as its internal resistance allows it to draw. Being a toy-grade product, you won't gain anything from putting in a 60A ESC other than some weight on the chassis.

3) I strongly suspect that 3S will let the smoke out of everything.

I apologize for the Grinch's earlier reply. If you look around you'll see he's just as welcoming in every thread these days.

Andy

Zeeb 06-11-2021 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by AndyKunz (Post 12681603)
I apologize for the Grinch's earlier reply. If you look around you'll see he's just as welcoming in every thread these days.

Andy

Hmmm.....

Finally found your way over here to push the new Spektrum BNF & PNP foam crap and to hell with the GS guys company philosophy????

AndyKunz 06-12-2021 05:04 AM

Been here for 16 years, Zeeb, just about 6 months less than you've been on RCU.

Not pushing anything BNF or PNP - in fact, no brands mentioned whatsoever. Just providing technical help to a guy with some technical questions.

Andy

Zeeb 06-13-2021 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by AndyKunz (Post 12681749)
Been here for 16 years, Zeeb, just about 6 months less than you've been on RCU.

Not pushing anything BNF or PNP - in fact, no brands mentioned whatsoever. Just providing technical help to a guy with some technical questions.

Andy

The hell you aren't pushing the new ignore the GS guys philosophy, shame on you for taking such a dodge. I spent thousands of dollars on Spektrum stuff for my GS models and Turbines. You guys dumped us on the scrap heap when problems started to show up on your PS system receivers.

I have spent thousands of dollars replacing my bogus Spektrum stuff with CORE equipment. It could have been on your hardware, but you do not care about us guys with very expensive models. Go back to frequenting the foamie forums.....

AndyKunz 06-14-2021 04:33 AM

I have no idea what you're talking about. Ignoring giant scale?!?! Really? So the big Hangar 9 P-51 hanging in my garage, the Seagull Tucano that was getting a workover yesterday, those are me playing with foamies and ignoring big planes? OK, whatever dude. I just updated my prototype PowerSafe receivers with new code last week so they had better telemetry support in the transmitters I'm working on. If that's what ignoring is, then I guess you're using a different English language than me.

The PowerSafe team is working diligently to make the new products the absolute best ever.

And how does giant scale fit into answering questions about a guy trying to upgrade his toy? That's what this thread is about. Let's keep it on topic.

You have a nice day, OK? I genuinely wish you a good day.

Andy

Zeeb 06-14-2021 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by AndyKunz (Post 12682004)
You have a nice day, OK? I genuinely wish you a good day.

Andy

No you don't, by saying "GS" guys, I include us "TURBINE DRIVERS", where the hell did you leave us? I always had a lot of respect for you Andy, now that I see your allegiance is to the almighty dollar, you will accept the fact that I'll never believe any of you creeps again. My models cost a HELL of a lot more than your foamy crap, you as a person and as company, cannot be trusted with those kinds of models anymore......

Guess what you can kiss??????

AndyKunz 06-15-2021 04:52 AM

I hope you have another great day today, Zeeb.

I don't prioritize the products that get worked on. Your animosity toward me is unfounded. And since I do absolutely NOTHING on the receivers beyond communication protocol specification and telemetry support, it's doubly misdirected. Remember, you're the one who said that you have friends in high places at HH. It could be they're the ones who are prioritizing work for all of us. And btw, PowerSafe receivers ARE a top priority for the receiver team, despite your allegations to the contrary.

For many of us, there is not a correspondence of the dollars one uses to pay for a model to the value of that model to its owner. Some of my most treasured items cost me no money at all. Their value comes from who built them - my grandfather's deBolt Champ, my building buddy's original designs (I have several of them), the $200 banjo my wife bought me for our first Christmas together (I had sold my good banjo to have money to pay for our dates).

I understand that for some people how much they paid for an item makes it more valuable, and that's OK. But please don't think that thumping your chest about how much you can afford to spend is going to change a mind about how important a plane is. To me, the most important plane in my fleet is one that I crashed a decade ago. There was a fault in my code in the DX8 I was using (pre-release) that caused its demise. It's a reminder that the reliability of MY work on the radios is going to affect somebody else's enjoyment of the hobby, and could in fact be a safety issue if I don't do my job right.

Enjoy the sunshine. I see it's gonna be a little warm out your way today, but early morning and late evening will be good for flying. So have a good day!

Andy