RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   Please don't make me work for receiver answer (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/11692058-please-dont-make-me-work-receiver-answer.html)

elkriverscott 07-24-2021 07:05 PM

Please don't make me work for receiver answer

In the olden days I had to include the speed of light to calculate antenna length. All I want now is about how long total length for rc airplane. Freq 2430 - 2475. As I recall on some apps you hang as much as you want to drag on a particular freq range. Extra heart attack points for wire Gauge, I presume coated is ok. Thanks for reading

Please dear God, let them not send me a formula, just a couple of answers. My brain hurts.

I can easily drag a few feet in the air. What's gauge of dc 5 volt wire which I think

I can use.

init4fun 07-25-2021 03:11 AM

6 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by elkriverscott (Post 12687210)
........Freq 2430 - 2475.......

Not trying to complicate your search for info here, , , but, "2430 - 2475" are not legitimate RC frequencies allowed by the FCC, as described in the AMA document I've enclosed below. You will need to clarify your question WRT the actual frequency your TX/RX are operating on in order to receive a proper answer ......

elkriverscott 07-25-2021 07:17 AM

You are correct sir!

The numbers came off of the makers spec sheet. Trying to come up with something to solder to increase receive range. As I recall the tiny antenna length on the drone is just as long as it should be however I am curious if one can attach a four leaf antenna or a flat "wheel antenna" to improve range> Thanks

rgburrill 07-25-2021 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by init4fun (Post 12687242)
Not trying to complicate your search for info here, , , but, "2430 - 2475" are not legitimate RC frequencies allowed by the FCC, as described in the AMA document I've enclosed below. You will need to clarify your question WRT the actual frequency your TX/RX are operating on in order to receive a proper answer ......

2.430-2.475 GHz are inside the 2.400-2.487 GHz spectrum.:o

rgburrill 07-25-2021 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by elkriverscott (Post 12687256)
The numbers came off of the makers spec sheet. Trying to come up with something to solder to increase receive range. As I recall the tiny antenna length on the drone is just as long as it should be however I am curious if one can attach a four leaf antenna or a flat "wheel antenna" to improve range> Thanks

Good luck on that. Standard receivers should not have a range problem for line of sight flying. You are flying LOS, right?:confused:

init4fun 07-25-2021 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by rgburrill (Post 12687261)
2.430-2.475 GHz are inside the 2.400-2.487 GHz spectrum.:o

Thank you RG, the all important dot between the two and the four, that's what was missing and made those numbers look so strange to me. ;)