RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   I WANNA SMASH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/1663703-i-wanna-smash.html)

Myron 03-26-2004 10:26 PM

I WANNA SMASH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really do!!!! OK.... I have a Super 8 Futaba Radio(8uaps) and I cannot get the second elevator servo programmed.... I have a Katana with dual elevator servos... I am trying to program the second servo and no matter what I try I just cant get it right.... I was told to use the Ailevator function..... I have the Higley book but it doesnt use plain english nor does the Futaba manual...... Someone PLEASE tell me in ENGLISH which channels to use and how to make it all work WITHOUT having to have the second servo dialed in just right on the channel knobs on the radio... THIS IS REALLY DRIVIN ME NUCKIN FUTZ...... I had a 9ZAP back in the early 90s and it was WAY easier to program than this thing..... HELP!!!!

Myron

Josey Wales 03-26-2004 10:37 PM

RE: I WANNA SMASH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is how mine are set up channels 1 and 6
Flaperon

ail 1 +100 +100
ail 2 +100 +100
Flp2 +100
Flp 1 -100

Ailevator
ail 3 0%
ail 4 0%
ele2 -100
ele1 +100

mglavin 03-26-2004 11:33 PM

Try here:

http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/faq-8u-q586.html

3DFanatic 03-27-2004 12:14 AM

Wait wait...HAD???

Myron 03-27-2004 11:23 AM

Thanks guys,

I think I got it BUT... On high rates with max travel on the servos I can rock the stick back and fourth real fast and the servos just dont seem to be in sync..... If I rock the stick slow they seem fine.... I do have my exponentials set up on high and low rates. I am using futaba 3001's and a 6 volt battery and the second servo on #8 channel.... Yes, all the servo arms and horns and linkages are set exactly the same..... I should have NEVER sold my 9ZAP!!!!.....

Redrum,

Are you flying a large IMAC type model? Which one? By looking at your programing you are usings your ailerons as flaps right? If so, how does you model act when deployed? I am flying a Katana that weighs 11lbs4oz and its wing loading is pretty light so she lands pretty slow.. Just wondering how it would act if I re-programmed more like your set up...

Myron

RTK 03-27-2004 12:00 PM

I just discovered a problem on a 9zwII, Somehow I had atv & afr set to 140 (both). Do not do this! Weird things will happen! believe me. I almost went nutz and sent it back.

Panzlflyer 03-27-2004 08:51 PM

You might see a slower response on the higher channel servo i read somewhere that it can be seen on the higher channels Ie radio commands 1 fist then lastly 8. Could it also be the servos??

Josey Wales 03-28-2004 09:12 PM

Myron..I am flying a GP Extra 300 with a Saito 1.20...I can get it to do a harrier and elevator with the spoilerons up..I really dont use the flap option

Bax 03-29-2004 04:46 PM

When mixing channels that are several channels apart, such as #2 and #6 or 7 for dual elevator servos, the higher-humbered channel will lag a bit. That's because it's control signal comes slightly later in the pulse train. You can see it when you make sudden movements of the sticks, but you won't really see any effect on the model in the air.

RTK 03-29-2004 05:42 PM

Bill quick quesiton. Do you mean it will not affect the flight of an airplane, or maybe alittle bit. Just wanted to know since I will be starting IMAC.

Bax 03-30-2004 10:59 AM

The model's flight won't be affected. R/C systems have had these issues ever since mixers were introduced. There will always be some delay until higher data rates can be achieved in sending control information from the transmitter to the receiver. Then the delay will be so small that it'll be imperceptible.

RTK 03-30-2004 09:42 PM

Thanx BAX