RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   GWS manuals?!? eg: Slow Stick and reciever (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/1666221-gws-manuals-eg-slow-stick-reciever.html)

NeoLogic 03-27-2004 10:59 PM

GWS manuals?!? eg: Slow Stick and reciever

Hello people!

This site is way cool. I have been reading it for what seems to be forever, and finally decided to make the plunge and get my first Plane. I own several cars, trucks and boats, but no planes until yesterday.

Anyway, to my question... After reading this forum, I decided to purchase a GWS Slow Stick with the 300 speed 6 Channel Narrow reciever, and the GWS ICS-300 speed control. Well, being a car/truck/boat user, I'm not use to 6 channels, and the fact that GWS doesn't include a manual with their flight pack, I have no idea which pins on the reciever go to which components.

I did notice the manual in the Slow Stick, has a page with some relevant info (Page 11), but I don't understand how the rudder servo and the battery connect to the same pins?!?. Not only that, but I didn't think the battery connected directly to the reciever, I thought it connected to the speed control? Are planes that much different than car radio equipment? But then the speed control has a connector for the battery.

And then on the label of the reciever, from top to bottom, I have: S+-, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6/B. That seven different labels, but I only count 6 sets of pins.?!? What?

Oh, and I know this has nothing to do with radios and stuff, but how the heck do you install the prop? The instructions don't explain it at all, and they must assume everyone who puts one of these together have done it before. I can install a Centex clutch blind folded, but this prop thing has me confused. I assume the flat side of the prop faces the back of the plane, and the washer is installed under the front nut?

God I feel like an idiot asking these basic questions. Usually I'm the one helping people out. :)

3DFanatic 03-28-2004 03:29 AM

RE: GWS manuals?!? eg: Slow Stick and reciever

S+- indicates which way the wires go. White will align with S and Black should go to -. If it's Futaba gear, channel 1 is your ailerons, 2 is elevator, 3 is throttle, 4 is rudder. Your throttle is, of course, the speed control. The battery plugs into the speed control. Therefor power is supplied to the receiver through channel 3.

For the prop, on your motor shaft, there should be 2 nuts and a washer. take one of the nuts off and the washer. Make sure the other nut is threaded all the way on. Put the prop on the shaft. THe nut will countersink into the prop. Put the washer back on, then tighten the first nut down. That's it.

Good luck with your plane man!

--={Luft}=-- 03-28-2004 12:26 PM

Hey NeoLogic did you buy your slow stick online? If so, where? I was going to buy it from horizonhobby.com but they dont have them in stock.

NeoLogic 03-28-2004 09:36 PM

Hey 3DFanatic- Thank you so much for the insight on the prop. It is how I had it, but I was not 100% sure if it was correct. Thanks again for the reassurance. As for the radio gear, I was able to figure it out that next morning. I think I was sleep deprived when working on it. :) S+- kinda stumped me there for a while. Thanks again!

Luft, I bought my Slow Stick at a local hobby shop here in Virginia. I did however find a guy on ebay that sells slow sticks. He's some retired guy in Georga, and he also sells package deals. http://cgi. ebay .com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3182939005&category=25 63 That auction should have all the info you need. Hope that helps

PS I put spaces in the ebay link so you can see the full url.