RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   Futaba 6EXA or Hitec Eclipse 7 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/1676081-futaba-6exa-hitec-eclipse-7-a.html)

jacs 03-31-2004 02:21 AM

Futaba 6EXA or Hitec Eclipse 7

Hi

Anybody have comments on the above radios to help me decide which to buy?

KantoModelAir 03-31-2004 05:42 AM

RE: Futaba 6EXA or Hitec Eclipse 7

I have the 6exa and love it. A bit cheaper than the eclipse, but it all depends on if you need all that extra features on it. One important difference is the helicopter function. 6exa can't be used for choppers, the eclipse can. I feel that the extra $100 dollars isn't worth it unless you will use it for a chopper.

jacs 03-31-2004 08:51 AM

The only helicopter that I have flow is with the FMS software. So I don't think yet that I need this function.

zero244 03-31-2004 01:02 PM

You might consider the new futaba 7c...........its a lot more radio than the 6xea. Very easy to program. Right now Towerhobbies has a 20dollar off sale for purchases of 199 dollars or more. You could get the 7C for 229.00 roughly 60 dollars more........but alot more feature and growth potential.

Let us know what you get.

jacs 03-31-2004 01:07 PM

Problem is that the new 7c hasen't come here to Sweden yet but this summer I'm going to buy a new radio so I hope that this radio has come then.

I hope that my old things that I have to my Hitec Focus 4 radio fits into the Futaba also.

ynv50 03-31-2004 04:25 PM

the 7c....
this radio didn't come too, to my country... [:@]

someone knew: why they (futaba) sels the 7c just with digital servoes ?

Eddie.b 03-31-2004 05:08 PM

I have a 6 EXA and like it a lot. I would consider the new 7 if I was starting over.
Hope this helps.
Regards
Ed

jacs 03-31-2004 11:16 PM

Thanks for every reply on my question but still one more to find out.

Will the futaba thing work with my other receivers and so?

3DFanatic 04-01-2004 01:34 AM

Out of just those two, get the Eclipse.

BillM 04-02-2004 12:16 AM

I have both the Futaba 6EXA and the Hitec Eclipse. The Futaba is much easier to progam than the Hitec but the Hitec has far more options. If it were my choice the Eclipse would win for the following reasons: Service In my opinion Hitec service is much faster and more afordable. Variety Hitec has more choices in receivers and servos. Although the Eclipse will operate well with other brands I prefer to keep my equipment exclusive. Versatility. The Eclipse with the Spectra module has all frequency capability. A good feature if you are consolidating your equipment. It is also shift selectable another nice feature. Memory. Seven vs six model memory.

Having said all that the Futaba is still a great radio. If you don't have a need for the bells and whistles of the Eclipse the 6EXA will certainly do the job.

BM

jacs 04-02-2004 12:45 AM

The cost for this radios is almost the same 2200 SEK but then the Hitec Eclipse is without servos and receiver but the Futaba comes with receiver and 3 servos but no transmitter battery. I think that it's going to be an Eclipse after all but like I wrote in my previous posting the summer isn't here yet.

wildthing7037 04-02-2004 01:12 AM

Hi,
I had a Hitec Eclipse and I liked it a lot. Was easy to program once I had it worked out, and has lots of features which you will come to appreciate as you grow in the hobby. More importantly, it was very reliable, and I never had any radio problems when I had it.

Stefan

Nuker 04-03-2004 10:44 PM

In Canada (and I assume the US as well),

the 6EXA came with 4 x 3004BB servos and all the batteries (RX/TX) I upgraded my daughter from a Skysport 6 to the 6 exa for the upcoming season. Has all the basic features that she needs and was a great price. Sounds like there are different packages available for overseas by your description.

That being said, Hitec has excellent quality stuff as well (most of my receivers and servos are Hitec) Their customer service is second to none. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Bob

BillM 04-03-2004 11:34 PM

My 6EXA was a transmitter only purchase as was my Eclipse. In fact all my radios with one exception were transmitter only purchases. The only"set" I purchased was a JR 662 and only because the receiver was small enough for an electric which is all I fly. I much prefer to "roll my own" by choosing the servo/receiver combination best suited to my needs. BTW I have not yet found a home for the JR servos but I will. I favor Hitec,Berg or FMA receivers and will in the future use JR as well. Servos are almost always Hitec. Even with the variety noted there is a lot of interchangability which makes for a very versitile electronics cabinet.
Berg negative shift FMA negative shift and Hitec are compatible with Hitec Eclipse and Futaba 6EXA. JR receivers can be used with the Eclipse becaue of its shift selectability as well as JR transmitters.
Because of this I always have the right equipment on hand.

BM