RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   Futaba Throttle Channel Not Working (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/2079718-futaba-throttle-channel-not-working.html)

davemartin88 08-12-2004 07:08 PM

Futaba Throttle Channel Not Working

Trying to use my Futaba 9CH TX with a 4 channel GWS narrow band receiver on my Graupner Terry. Has a speed 400 motor from Graupner with a built in ESC. Can't get this radio combination to control the throttle, other channels (airleron and elevator) work fine but no control of the throttle, have tried reversing but no good? If I move the control cable from the ESC to channel 4 (rudder), when I move the rudder stick, the motor control works as expected (although all the control is on the right side of the stick). Can't imagine what this would be but probably something simple. If I replace the TX/RX with JR components, it works fine as well.

Doesn't seem like a problem with the ESC unless it is a compatibility issue with the Futaba but not sure why it works on the rudder channel.

Thanks in advance.

Flypaper 2 08-13-2004 07:33 AM

RE: Futaba Throttle Channel Not Working

Dave:
Try, reverse throttle channel, then lower throttle end point to 150%. The end point may not be going low enough to arm the ESC. Once you get it to work, the throttle engagement may be to high on the stick, so move the end point up till the motor engages just above lower stick postion. Hope this helps.
PS Do your settup without the prop on, for safety purposes [ found out the hard way][:o]

davemartin88 08-13-2004 05:12 PM

Channel was already reversed, tried upping the end point to 140% (max) and no help, good thought though. I used one of the programmable mixes and moved the motor connection to channel 4, then did a 100% mix and the motor operates as it should. No idea why I would have to do this but will keep trying, thanks again.

TTARK 08-13-2004 05:45 PM

Dave what club do you fly at??

Terry

davemartin88 08-13-2004 06:37 PM

LCAA-- at Banshee Reeks Park-- I live 10 minutes from there in Leesburg, you're field is down in Arcola, right?

TTARK 08-13-2004 06:58 PM

Right, good field with good people. We have a pattern contest on the 21st of this month and several events coming up. check out www.1nvrc.com for the club calender. We also have an UGLY STICK fun fly coming up in Oct You have my personal invitation to join us

Terry

Freakazoid 08-14-2004 05:00 AM

Hey, did you check your throttle hold switch yet? As I remember, all computer futubas have throttle hold in theire software. I use mine to safety my heli, so perhaps you accedently activated yours.

Also, did you wait for the ESC to activate? Most need 5 secs of nothing time to calibrate the 0% throttle point.

davemartin88 08-14-2004 07:05 AM

Yes, doublechecked the throttle hold-- I use it on my helicopters too- but it was okay. I gave it plenty of time to reset and interestingly, as soon as I mapped the rudder to the throttle, when you plug in the battery, you get the beep to signify it's ready within a couple of seconds. Very strange, at least I can give it a try but forecast calling for big rains here in Virginia today as the remnants of Charley comes up the coast.