RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   Servo shake (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/3528605-servo-shake.html)

Ojzov 11-07-2005 06:07 AM

Servo shake

Hi there,

I am hoping there is someone who can give me a sollution for the following problem I have.

I drive a 1:8 nitro buggy with a 2 channel 27 mhz radio. (europe). I recently bought a strong digital servo for steering.
Now I see both servo's are responding to each other. When steering the gas servo moves as well. It seems the reciever has trouble with the new configuration.

I tried two digital servo's but no change.
I tried it powering the servo's externally the reciever but still...

I hope someone will find some time.
Many thanks,

Ojzo

thinano 11-07-2005 11:51 AM

RE: Servo shake

Hi Ojzo,
Have you checked that the different mix-programs are disabled in your transmitter software ?

Thierry

inferno6688 11-07-2005 06:02 PM

what do u mean by servo shake? is it just that when u move one servo, say sterring, ur throttle servo jitters? this might be due to metal to metal contact casuing the interference. i have this problem in my car when i have metal to metal contact.

MikeMayberry 11-07-2005 06:09 PM

What are you powering the servos with?

Mike.

Ojzov 11-07-2005 07:52 PM

Hi there,

Thanks Mike and Inferno and Thierry.

I use a simple transmitter 2ch. There is nothing more then servo reverse and dual rate.

It's for a hyper 7 1:8 nitro buggy.

The or. config has two standard servo's. No problem with that.
I replaced the steering servo with a strong Hitec digital one. Now when I move only this digital one, the throttle starts jittering. Moving the throttle also causes the digital one to move.

I can't find any metal to metal contact. I also tried it with a setup outside the car. The servo's are okay in my planes.

I also connected both servo's with external power. (Outside the reciever) The only connection through the reciever was the (yellow) pulse.
Nop

I use 4 1,5v penlite bat. 6v With the two standard servo's it's okay.
I contacted the local dealer. He says he has the same problem and can't find the sollution.

Using TWO digital servo's also is no sollution.
sigh

Well many thanks anyway! I will now try what Thierry said. Another reciever like this.

ojzo

MikeMayberry 11-08-2005 11:43 AM

Your problem is the alkaline batteries... their internal resistance it too high to supply the power needed for the digital servos. Switch to Nicads or NiMh's (5 cells) and your problems with go away! :D

Mike.

Ojzov 11-08-2005 03:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Mike!

Just after reading your reply the sun started shining, My wife wants me back and everything turned the right way. Even this car would drive in a proper way once again.
yes.

Until several minutes later. I just read the letters NiMh so ....

Got more? [sm=tongue.gif]