RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   Futaba RX. and Tx. questions. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/3635943-futaba-rx-tx-questions.html)

experimental_pilot 12-09-2005 02:42 PM

Futaba RX. and Tx. questions.

My FP-R127DF receiver that came with my Skysport radio, is no longer working and I cant seem to fix it.
Its better off because I need to get a micro receiver anyways.

My Questions are: If I buy a Futaba micro Rx. such as the "R114F" can I use the Crystal from my "FP-R127DF" Rx.? and it will work fine with my Skysport Tx.?
How about a GWS Rx. could it use the same crystal and work with the Skysport?

Thanks

JohnBuckner 12-09-2005 03:30 PM

RE: Futaba RX. and Tx. questions.

ORIGINAL: experimental_pilot

If I buy a Futaba micro Rx. such as the "R114F" can I use the Crystal from my "FP-R127DF" Rx.? and it will work fine with my Skysport Tx.?

Thanks

No you cannot use the crystal from your 127 for the 114. The 114 requires the Futaba short crystal and are not interchangable.

In regards to general crystal brand swapping, its not the best idea as while some combinations may work, many others will not. Feel like being a test pilot. Not all crystals are cut the same even on the same channel and are contracted by manufacturers to match their equipments electrical characteristics.

Think about what your are wanting to do. You have a dead Rx for whatever reason and now you want to take the crystal out of the dead one and stick it a new Rx. This crystal may very well be the problem in the first place. Crystals are increditably simple as well as increditably delicate devices, one simple fall to a hard floor can destroy it. If you want the secret to reliable radio Simple: Never stick an old unknown crystal in a new Rx and always the crystal intended for that Rx.

John

experimental_pilot 12-09-2005 05:16 PM

Thanks John. I'll get a brand new crystal with the new Rx. then.

-So, will all other Futaba Receivers work with the Skysport?
What about GWS Rx.'s?

JohnBuckner 12-09-2005 07:03 PM

Yes any Futaba FM(PPM) Rx will be compatable. Futaba PCM Rx's or older futaba AM Rx's are not compatable. Futaba Tx's and Rx's sold in the North American market uses negative modulation shift which means you cannot use any other brand Rx that is positive shift or not selectable for modulation shift. I beleve in other world markets that Futaba uses positive modulation shift so this mean if you got a Rx that was sold through other world markets there is a good chance it is not compatable with your Skysport.

There are many after market Rx's that will work fine, you just must order a Rx with negative modulation shift and FM (PPM) for your skysport and of course a crystal specified for that Rx on the channel you need. Some of these Rx's have shift selectablity and can be set to be compatable with both positive or negative shift Tx's. Hitec, GMS, FMA among others all make excellent compatible equipment.

John

jmupilot 12-22-2005 07:44 PM

On the same note John I have a Futaba Super 7, and a Futaba Super 8 transmitter. I am using 127DF FM Rx's on both as I have a quite few of them. I bought (on a trial basis) a FP-R128DP Rx and it does not seem to work with either radio. I have changed the RF output to PCM but the 128 is dead as a doorknocker. Is this Rx compatable with the newer Futaba 1024 PCM stuff?

Pete