RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   Serious servo jitter (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/388566-serious-servo-jitter.html)

JL636 11-29-2002 03:13 AM

Serious servo jitter

I recently purchased 4 NEW :confused: 527's (JR) as part of a flight pack. I had intended to use them on a Hobbico Spectrum I am now putting together (what a nightmare). I had already installed 517's in the wing and wanted to test the throws. After hooking up the switch and battery I tested the 517's and everything worked perfectly, smooth as silk. Wanting to use the 527's on other functions, I hooked them up to the receiver and all went absolutely nuts. am overlooking something or did I get hosed on the purchase? I tried changing switch harness..same thing. I even hooked the battery direct to the receiver and you guessed it, same thing. I even tried using batteries in different states of charge, Nicads and Nimh made no difference. Help!

bob_nj 11-29-2002 06:08 AM

Tell us about it

What exactly is happening when you say,

and all went absolutely nuts.
Are all of them plugged in etc? We'll get it worked out, I'm sure_bob

JL636 11-29-2002 10:54 AM

Serious servo jitter

I should have been a little clearer on my description of going "nuts", my fault. The servo arms were jittering back and forth and it sounded intermitant. I would say they were moving back and forth about a quarter of an inch, not just a little jump. When I initially plugged them into the receiver, they were calm as can be, once the transmitter was turned on, it was jitter city. I initially though it was the transmitter, but the 517's worked like I said, "as smooth as silk". Just to let you know, it was a new Hitec receiver and a new crystal. The readout on the transmitter read 10.0 volts, but it is a JR 622, which is an older radio. The radio still has the original battery in it although it was never used. The radio was charged on the Accu-cycler and appeared to hold a good charge.

bob_nj 11-29-2002 01:38 PM

Serious servo jitter

Are the receivier and transmitter tuned to each other, or just a crystal swap?

JL636 11-29-2002 04:46 PM

Serious servo jitter

The radio was purchased here on RCU, it was NIB but the guy who had it wanted to keep the receiver and servos. He did substitute a off brand receiver (junk) which was immdeiately discarded. Being as I needed a receiver I ordered a new Hitec Supreme and the appoppriate crystal. It seems a little odd that the 517's work perfectly and the 527's jump around. Other than sending the radio and receiver in for a check up/tune up, I've tried pretty much everything I can think of.

bob_nj 11-30-2002 12:37 AM

Ask Danny

I'm not familiar with the 527's. skDanny in the JR forum. I'll follow the thread from there_bob