RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   New JR 9303 Single stick TRX (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/5998086-new-jr-9303-single-stick-trx.html)

n2ryd 06-17-2007 09:14 AM

New JR 9303 Single stick TRX

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all,

I see in other post people talking about single sticks trx. I have been flying S.S since 1993 with all ACE S.S. MP8000, and 3 olympic TRX.

One of our club members also fly's JR single sticks and has convertided a JR 9303 from it normal conf. to a S.S. I have attached pic. It works great, and it nice to have a up to date radio with more function than I know what to do with. Now I have to decise what I and going to do with the other ACE olympic's

N2RYD:D

GalenB 06-17-2007 09:15 PM

RE: New JR 9303 Single stick TRX

When I was a kid deaming about flying RC I always wanted a single stick radio -- it just seemed to make sense. Then when I could afford to fly RC single sticks were no where to be found so I learned on the standard layout... Now that I am flying IMAC I wonder how well a single stick would actually work... Also -- to where was the throttle re-located?

Dustflyer 06-17-2007 09:51 PM

Sounds great in theory but think about it for a minute. In a full-sized airplane you operate the rudder with something other than the hand you operate the ailerons and elevators with, namely your feet. I think this is why single stick eventually died out.

If single stick was the best way to go you can be sure all the top 3D and Pattern pilots would be using it.

The beauty of this hobby; however, is there is always something for everyone. If single stick is your thing by all means go for it. If you can't make the conversion yourself you can be sure someone is out there who will do it for a price.

RobT 06-18-2007 07:53 PM

I loved my old Ace Micro - Pro Single Stick!! I have heard that some people are doing epromes for them to keep them up to date with current computer radio's. Now if someone would bring Spread spectrum out for it . . . .

iflyj3 06-19-2007 05:31 AM

ORIGINAL: RobT

I loved my old Ace Micro - Pro Single Stick!! I have heard that some people are doing epromes for them to keep them up to date with current computer radio's. Now if someone would bring Spread spectrum out for it . . . .
If I may interject...

I am the one that is upgrading the MicroPro 8000 software and yes, a level 5 is available.

I am now flyin the MicroPro 8000 with the XPS spread spectrum and will be testing the Spektrum DX7 module when it is available later this month. I will be making available a kit for one to convert the MP8K to a plug in module system.

For more information and MP8K support join the MP8K YAHOO group at www.groups.yahoo.com/group/mp8k

RobT 06-19-2007 08:28 PM

Dan,

Thank you for the link! Please let us know how the DSM2 compares to the XPS.
I might have to dig out the MicroPro!

Rob

iflyj3 06-19-2007 09:09 PM

ORIGINAL: RobT

Dan,

Thank you for the link! Please let us know how the DSM2 compares to the XPS.
I might have to dig out the MicroPro!

Rob
I am already flying the Spektrum DSM2 system with the DX7 transmitter and have been since it was first released. It is a very solid system. Both the XPS and DX7 are great. I am going to put the DSM2 in the Micro Pro 8000 so there is an option. BTW, the Futaba Fasst module should work too when it ships.

RobT 06-19-2007 10:42 PM

If I could get a DSM2 to work with the Micro Pro I would be very intrigued as I have two of the receivers with a module for a 10x . . .

Do you have a website which lists the features of the updated Micro Pro?

Are parts still available for normal maintenance items?

Do you or anyone else still have upgrade kits?

(I sill have a silver seven which I keep asking myself why didn't I upgrade it then . . . especially if I can move it to DSM2. I moved away from the micro Pro's only to get the advantages of PCM . . .

Thanks again.

iflyj3 06-20-2007 05:30 AM

Robt, here is a summary:
5-1-06
The new MicroPro 8000 code level 5 used 4.00.25 as its base and has many new features.
A) Extended menu.
1) Invert modulation.
2) Control the modulation statically for frequency check.
3) Reorder channel transmission, canned sequences.
4) Reorder channel transmission, custom sequences.
5) Alpha plane names.
6) Dual elevator servos (Reverses one of them)
a) Allow channel 6 neutral to be set for dual elevator servos.
7) Restore setups when changing from;
a) Level 4 to Level 5
b) Level 5 to Level 5
8) Use of the ASAP module to save and restore setups using the com
Port.
B) Owners name in transmitter.

NOTE: With the level 5 code you lose the ability of PC communications if that was important. The ASAP substitutes for the PC storage feature.
The ASAP unit is a storage device that plugs in to the MP8K com port and will hold up to 127 planes offline. It is useful if you have more than 8 planes or want to save the ones you have. Its best feature is you can keep it in your flight box for use at the field.
The object code for 5.00.08 is free. There is a copying charge of $15.00 plus postage for the new EPROM and instructions. Additional EPROMs on the same order are $12.00 each.
Order number MP8K5RP
The ASAP module is $45.00 plus postage.
Order number MP8KASAP
ASAP's are on built in lots on demand and as such may not be ready available.
Conversion kit to convert a level 3 transmitter to level 4 and higher and is $10.00
Order number MP8K324UG

Email contact W B 4 G U K @ A O L . c o m (remove spam spaces)

As far as upgrading your S7. A sharp engineer named Gordon Anderson has developed the Micro Star which is a PIC based encoder which is a super MicroPro with modern parts and extended programming. His web site is http://mstar2k.com and the cost is very reasonable. Kees Talon, down in Texas is kitting the encoder for about $55 and if you don't want to build it there is a fellow down there that will do a partial or complete job for you. I am building two my self and using S7 cases, both single stick and dual stick.

All of these fellows can be reached through the MP8K group as the Yahoo group supports both the MP8K and M*2K.

Also, go to the files and photo section of the group as there is a lot of information there.