RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   Multiplex - Programming Profi 4000 for Ultra Stick 60 Part II (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/767245-multiplex-programming-profi-4000-ultra-stick-60-part-ii.html)

jtholley03 05-12-2003 05:30 PM

Multiplex - Programming Profi 4000 for Ultra Stick 60 Part II

OK here is where I am at. Have servos 1-9 programmed as Servomix. Servos 3 and 6 unused.

Assign mixers:
Servo 1: RUDDER
is operated by:
1. RUDDER TRIM

SERVO 2: THROTTLE
is operated by:
1. THROTTLE TRIM

SERVO 4:
is operated by
1. ELEVATOR TRIM

SERVO 5: LAILERON
is operated by:
1. AILERON TRIM

SERVO 6:
is operated by:
1. UNUSED

SERVO 7: RAILERON
is operated by:
1. AILERON TRIM

SERVO 8: LFLAP
is operated by:
1. FLAP

SERVO 9: RFLAP
is operated by:
1. FLAP

How do I get servo 6 out of the mix?

My rudder and flaps don't work. I can set centers and limits for them but I don't get any response from the TX. I have Rudder set for control A and flaps set for control f.

Plane is setup with one servo for each control surface. One for L aileron, one for L flap and duplicate for the right.

What am I missing?

HarryC 05-12-2003 05:58 PM

Multiplex - Programming Profi 4000 for Ultra Stick 60 Part II

If servo 6 is appearing in assign mixers it is because servo 6 is assigned to servomix. Go to menu2, assign servos and assign 6 to unused.

When assigned direct to a control, a servo's curve defaults to -100%, 0%, +100%. When assigned to a servomix all inputs default to a curve of 0%, 0%, 0%. Have you been into menu1, servos, travel/curve and set travel values at each end point for the rudder and flaps servos? Are they set to ON and not to OFF or S01 etc? If all that is OK, check in menu 1 controls that you have not somehow managed to turn rudder and flap control travels down to 0%.

"Limit" does not make a servo travel! You need to go into travel/curve to set the travel values. Limit is there to prevent an accumulation of mixer values from overdriving a servo, or driving past a point you want to limit. Lets say you have aileron and flap mixed to a servo, in travel/curve both are set to 80% travel. Each input on its own will drive the servo to 80% but if flap is down and aileron is applied the 2 inputs will add up and drive the servo beyond 80%. The Tx will keep adding the inputs and sending the signal but subject to the maximum value set in the "limit" field. In normal circumstances you would not expect to alter the limit from its default of 100%.

H

jtholley03 05-12-2003 06:05 PM

OK

Let me go plug the Rx battery back in. I have not come down in the limits. That was the wrong term - as you taught me before. Thx for reply. Will definitely have more ?'s.

jtholley03 05-12-2003 07:35 PM

Yup fixed that

With the above information can you give me a starter mixer. Something like flaps/elev/throttle. Maybe if I get one under my wing (no pun intended) I can halfway figure out the others.

Side note: bought plane used. Man it's amazing what people can get away with on a plane. Every servo on the wing was nowhere close to center and an amazing amount of slop in the linkage. Elevator and rudder binding like a mother. Much better now though.

Thx Harry for the input.

HarryC 05-12-2003 09:24 PM

Re: Yup fixed that

Originally posted by jtholley03
With the above information can you give me a starter mixer. Something like flaps/elev/throttle. Maybe if I get one under my wing (no pun intended) I can halfway figure out the others.

Rudder and flaps working now?

I take it you want to try elev to flap mixing, making flaps work as ailerons etc? Go to menu 2, assign mixers, select each flap servo and at input 2 add Elevator without trim. How about next step being to make the flaps join in as ailerons. Make input 3 Aileron. Since the main ailerons will do the trimming you can choose with trim or not with trim into the input, I would suggest without. Why not go for crow as well, we will call the control "spoiler". Assign a slider or switch to spoiler, then add spoiler as input 4 to the flap servos.

Still in menu2 assign mixers, select elevator servo and set input 2 to flap, input 3 spoiler. This will let us trim the elev for flap and crow brake use. Add throttle as an input if you want to trim out pitching due to throttle setting.

If you want, you can keep the ailerons pure, or add in a bit of flap and a bit of elev mixing by setting the ailerons inputs to flap and to elevator. If crow braking, set an aileron input to spoiler.

Go to menu 1, servos, travel/curve. Flap servos, you have already set the flap input. Go to input 2, elevator, select the value field, pull back on the elevator and choose a value for ele->flap mix, push down ele and set that mix, do same for the other flap servo. Finally choose a switch if you don't want it on all the time, do for both servos. Choose input 3 aileron and select the value field, push the aileron stick over and set a value each way, do for both servos. Choose input4 spoiler, switch it on or move slider to crow brake position and set value of flap you want during crow.

The elevator trim compensation will really need to wait flight test to know which direction to trim and roughly how much. But we can be confident that hi power, and flap will cause pitch up. Don't know which way crow will affect it. Go to elevator servo, travel/curve, input flap, put flap down and set value for a tiny touch of down trim, go to throttle input open throttle and set a tiny touch of down trim. Since pitch tends to lag behind the immediate throttle you can set a time delay for the trim by setting the time value for the throttle input to 25 seconds - that covers end to end travel of the servo and since the trim is a fraction of that, the delay is that fraction of 25 seconds.

Go to aileron servo travel/curve, go through each input adjusting values and assigning switches as required.

H

jtholley03 05-12-2003 10:09 PM

Cool

Now I will assume that I can tell the stich number by what it is plugged into when I look inside? Hey how about a picture of your Tx since you have modified it with switches etc.

Thx

jtholley03 05-12-2003 11:17 PM

Got halfway

And that was switch (not stitch).

Go to menu 1, servos, travel/curve. Flap servos, you have already set the flap input. Go to input 2, elevator, select the value field, pull back on the elevator and choose a value for ele->flap mix, push down ele and set that mix, do same for the other flap servo. ........

OK how do I "set that mix".

Only way I could figure to do it was with the + or - not the stick.

What this did was apply flap anytime I applied elevator.

Backward from what I wanted. Starting simple I just want to compensate elevator when I apply flap. And then work in throttle.

What I have learned would be good to throw into expo for exteme elevator to 3D.

Got everything else prograamed but totally cornfused now.

Thx, I have learned more todau than I have in 3 yrs (yes very sad I know).

jtholley03 05-12-2003 11:24 PM

HeHe

Almost as bad as my typing skills!

HarryC 05-13-2003 07:31 AM

Re: Got halfway

Originally posted by jtholley03
What this did was apply flap anytime I applied elevator.

JT, you missed out the last step in my instructions which is to assign a switch, you need to do it for both servos.

Your Tx should have come with a set of metal foil labels for the switches so you can see what they are without opening the Tx every time. Some are already printed, some are blank for you to write your own name. I keep meaning to have some photos of the switches especially the non-standard switches in non-standard places that I have installed, but I will need to borrow a digicamera from someone.

The flap->ele mix instructions were buried deep inside my last post as well. Menu2, mixers, ele servo, input2=flap. Menu1, servos, travel/curve, ele servo, input2flap. Put the flaps down. Activate the values field (bottom right triangle), one of the end points 1 or 3 should be flashing, adjust to the trim value that you want.

When you are in travel/curve and activate the value field, one of the bars on the graph will flash to correspond to the stick/slider/switch position in real time. At the right hand side it specifies which point you are at, pt1, pt2 etc. Any adjustment of the value will be the value at that point. But you probably don't know if down flap is point 1 or point 3, if up ele for the ele->flap mix is point 1 or point 3, and so on. So rather than choose the point manually with the bottom right and bottom left triangle buttons, I move the stick to full and that makes the correct point 1 or 3 active. To set ele->flap I pull full back and adjust that value while watching the surface move in real time, then push full forward which activates the point at the other end and adjust that value. Partial stick movement will not activate the end points for the purpose of adjusting values because they are full stick travel points. If you have a 13 point curve you can see the active point move across the graph as you move the stick part way.

H

jtholley03 05-17-2003 09:58 PM

Thx Harry

Got it. Now I can fly. Once I do I will have some more ?s.

Again thx dude.