RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/8515737-new-hitec-aurora-9-channel-2-4ghz-radio-system.html)

RR24 12-18-2009 06:14 PM

RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

bmustang, glad to here you are getting yours. I placed my order on Thanksgiving (from Tower), but no joy here:(, still waiting maybe i will get it before the coupon is no good for the extra RX

Enjoy:D

bmustang 12-18-2009 06:25 PM

I just took a look at the Stock Status and Tower has changed it to Late Jan for all 3 Tx/Rx combos, with and without servos. However, I don't think that necessarily means anyone who has one on backorder will have to wait till late January, especially if you have already been waiting a while. A previous post reported that they are receiving A9s in dribs and drabs so they are probably just filling backorders and never getting enough to put on the shelves. There's no point in updating the stock status with the units going out as fast as they come in. The expected delivery date can probably be interpreted as their best guess about when they might catch up on backorders.

Those who have backorders would probably be best advised to be patient and hold your place in line and anyone who has a discount coupon or ad number they would like to use might as well go ahead and order before it expires. You will probably still get yours before next flying season, at least (for those who have to endure winter).

jedorme 12-18-2009 07:56 PM

For what its worth, I just picked up my new A9 from my LHS, which had been on order for quite some time (about 3 months). I was almost ready to cancel the order due to the numerous missed delivery estimates from Hitec, when it literally arrived out of the blue (the store got notice yesterday that it had shipped & it arrived today). So I guess the lesson is to be patient & just hang in there if you have one already on order. Hopefully the supply to distributors has improved which I think it must if orders like mine are getting filled - mine was a one-off single order from a LHS that doesn't normally stock or sell Hitec radios (a Futaba/JR/Spektrum dealer) but does sell Hitec servos. First impression is that it is well worth the wait & glad I didn't back out.

Chancho 12-19-2009 02:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I just checked Tower Hobbies Web site. "Wow!" I think a few of us have been here before. It'll be worth the wait whenit does get here. It's too cold in Michigan to fly right now, anyhow..

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/p.../img/trans.gifhttp://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...ssed_smile.gif

winghead 12-19-2009 08:08 AM

I ordered mine on 11/16/09. I have been very close to canceling the order and getting the Futaba 8FG. If Futaba would produce a full range 6 channel reciever for 50-60 bucks I would definitely have purchased the Futaba. I have always used them and am a big fan.

The features of the Aurora are great, but the cost of the recievers is actually the main reason that I am waiting for this system. I will only use maybe half of the feautures available on either radio. I do think that paying almost a $100 for a 7ch 2.4ghz Futaba reciever is a little steep. I also think that it sucks that the first Futaba recievers could not be used with the newer Futaba transmitters. I only had a couple of the older recievers, but if I buy a new Futaba system and have to replace 2 recievers, that is $200 or 4 hitec recievers!

As far as I am concerned, cost is always the best feature of Hitec equipment. When you do side by side comparisons on their servos and now their radio equipment, they are always at least as good or better on features and usually kick butt on price.

JCOKEEFE 12-19-2009 10:39 AM

Mr. Mayberry, Tower and Advantage Hobby are now showing availability of late January for the tx, 9 ch rx and servos package.
Why??

Gringo Flyer 12-19-2009 01:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Chancho

I just checked Tower Hobbies Web site. ''Wow!'' I think a few of us have been here before. It'll be worth the wait when it does get here. It's too cold in Michigan to fly right now, anyhow..

[img][/img][img][/img]
Its starting to get just about that ridiculous. How do you go from mid december to late Jan? I'll wait a few more weeks for mine to come in and if it doesn't make it I'll end up buying a different radio. I think a lot of us are in that same boat. I guess it's good news for Futaba:D

winghead 12-19-2009 02:04 PM

Amen Gringo. The 8FG is looking better all of the time. Those new futaba mid range recievers would work well for a couple of my airplanes anyway. I haven't gotten any response from Tower yet. What do you guys think about the 8FG?

I know that this is the thread for the aurora, but when there are only about 20 people that own them, the other 1,000 people waiting for them may lose interest...

firehopper 12-19-2009 02:30 PM

theres roughly 5000 of them around based on my serial number. Ihave one, got tired of waiting for tower hobbies to get one in stock. got mine from commmon sense rc. dont know if they have anymore.

RR24 12-19-2009 05:02 PM

Must be that Hitec is not sending anymore out to their vendors until sometime in January, most sites i looked on say mid to late January. I will have to wait or buy something else. not sure which at this time.

rudder turns 12-19-2009 05:59 PM

I'm sure that hitec is trying to keep up with the demand,by the spring time we will all be flying with our new hitec radios.:DThanks Ed

MikeMayberry 12-19-2009 11:19 PM

Sorry guys... we're building them as fast as we can!

If you have had one on order for a while there is still a chance that your order will be filled from the latest batch.

My guess is that Hitec has shipped as many Aurora's as Futaba has shipped 8FG's to Great Planes (sole distributor) but because most of you did the research, watched the videos, read the positive posts from owners, you realized that the Aurora is THE new radio to have! So, because the Aurora is such an incredible radio at such an affordable price, not to mention, a substantially lower cost of ownership due to the RX pricing, they are hard to come by right now. Hopefully we will catch up with the B/O's soon!

Do what you gotta do, but as many who have got one have posted... It is worth the wait! Ask yourself this... is it really worth settling for something less because I just can't wait another month?

I'd suggest you look at the manual again before you decide or you might have some serious buyers remorse a month from now! http://www.hitecrcd.com/product_file...a_9_manual.pdf

Mike.

orcrest 12-19-2009 11:41 PM

I cancelled my Tower backorder after two months waiting and ordered elsewhere. I've received mine now but my wife is holding it hostage for the next five days! http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f.../cry_smile.gif

Can anyone organize a rescue?I don't think I can wait for the fatman! http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...sn/biggrin.gif

I sold my 12Z to buy the Aurora, that's how much I like the new features! I may have lost three channels but what I've gained is a whole lot more and itis not much of a step back from what I had.

HEY MIKE!!! Get 'em cracking on that Aurora12/14 will ya!

One of the main reasons for my switchingis Hitec's RX pricing, itis just too good to overlook for 2.4GHz.!

Anyway have a Great Christmas from Downunder!

It's only five sleeps to myAurora Sunrise! Yippee!!

cap232ar 12-19-2009 11:59 PM

i just cancelled my order from tower, and purchased one on ebay . they are 2 more left
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

MikeMayberry 12-20-2009 12:06 AM

ORIGINAL: orcrest

I cancelled my Tower backorder after two months waiting and ordered elsewhere. I've received mine now but my wife is holding it hostage for the next five days!
Can anyone organize a rescue? I don't think I can wait for the fatman!

I sold my 12Z to buy the Aurora, that's how much I like the new features! I may have lost three channels but what I've gained is a whole lot more and it is not much of a step back from what I had.

HEY MIKE!!! Get 'em cracking on that Aurora12/14 will ya!

One of the main reasons for my switching is Hitec's RX pricing, it is just too good to overlook for 2.4GHz.!

Anyway have a Great Christmas from Downunder!

It's only five sleeps to my Aurora Sunrise! Yippee!!

LOL!! That is too cool! :D I'd check the hall closet. ;)

If that doesn't speak volumes... Sold a 12Z to get an Aurora, and some of you are thinking about settling for the 8FG?!?!?

Mike.

orcrest 12-20-2009 12:26 AM

It gets worse. It's held with the kids presents in "Santa's Workshop" (my office) so I get to see it every day but NOOOO touching!

Late at night when she's asleep I sometimes sneak in and takea look at the box(sooooo pretty, my precious)!

And I even sometimes rub my hands across the top! <snigger>http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...evil_smile.gif

Ooooops! Did I say that out loud? HAHA!

Just call it Aurora Madness.

Alex7403 12-20-2009 05:26 AM

so what is the rule of the second and third additional Rx's with purchase of the aurora, is there an end date that I have to order it before or get it before?
I'm talking about the 7 ch Rx's.
I'm not gonna fly any rc before april at best weather wise.

firehopper 12-20-2009 07:18 AM

ORIGINAL: Alex7403

so what is the rule of the second and third additional Rx's with purchase of the aurora, is there an end date that I have to order it before or get it before?
I'm talking about the 7 ch Rx's.
I'm not gonna fly any rc before april at best weather wise.
Ijust looked at my coupon Idont see a date, but Ithink it was mentioned somewhere about march 2010

winghead 12-20-2009 10:32 AM

Mike, I know you are right on everything that you are saying (eventhough you have a biased opinion of course =). I think that I am suffering from a common disease that I have seen among other RC enthusiasts. It is called need-it-now-itis.
I have thoroughly reviewed every radio system and came to the conclusion that there was no comparison for equal money.

I really liked futaba 2.4GHZ systems and never had a problem with them and had every intention to upgrading to an 8FG. I just had a lowly 6EX, so that would have been a heck of an upgrade. I am not that experienced (4 yrs), but have had maybe a dozen or so aircraft and even that 6EX flew all of them well and I never had a problem. I sold my Futaba and I was just getting frustrated because I sold that system 2 months ago and we had a really warm November in St. Louis and I have a brand new aircraft that I built from a kit sitting on the table that I missed out on flying this season. I didn't sell my system because I thought the aurora would arrive immeadietly, just sold it because I needed to to fund the new radio.

I think that many people in this hobby get excited like little kids at Christmas; I know that I do. I still fill out a Christmas list full of RC items for Santa (my wife) every year and sit down with her to explain why I NEED every item on the list. I apologize for the comments. I guess that having people get frustrated because demand is exceeding supply isn't that bad of a problem to have...

RR24 12-20-2009 10:56 AM

Hey Mike, I am NOT bashing Hitec (just wishing Tower would aleast keep a person updated where they are inline for one), I am just having the wanting it now thing going on:D. I am flying JR PCM now, and havent seen a reason to spend $$$ on the 2.4 upgrade till now, becasue i know Hitec will keep the price reasonable on RX's. I just want to make sure and get one before the coupon on rx's runs out[:@].

Merry Xmas to all

rambler53 12-20-2009 12:04 PM

ORIGINAL: MikeMayberry

Yes, we're late to the dance but I just have this feeling that we are going to steal the show! ;)

After playing with this radio more and more, I realized that when I said, feature wise, it compared to the 9303 and 10C that I short changed it... it's actually closer to the $800 12FG! Oh... but with a backlit touchscreen and telemetry! :D

Mike.
My 10C is back lit. I'm not about to sell my radio after setting it up, buying compatible receivers for my planes. So yes, Hitec is late.
I don't even need half capabilities of the 10C to fly my planes. I've used Futaba and Hitec for decades, the learning curve is only when I look at JR.
Touch screen, ball bearing sticks, it's nonsense to me. Some really get off on the gimmicks out there, as these "features" are always discussed more
frequently than the programming end of it.

You can't steal the show, or one customer actually, when you're out of stock for 2 months, can you?

Chancho 12-20-2009 12:58 PM

<div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><a class=" FCK__AnchorC FCK__AnchorC FCK__AnchorC FCK__AnchorC" name="_MailAutoSig">What&rsquo;s funny about this hobby is guys will spend, literally, HOURS &amp; HOURS pouring over a magazine article or a few tidbits worth of information for their next $20 RC gadget</a>.And for the next $400-450 gadget it gets much worse.Sure, on that rare occasion, we sometimes have our pockets stuffed and make that impulse purchase.But we really do our research and that&rsquo;s what&rsquo;s led us to being on the backordered list of Tower Hobbies and here reading this thread. For the guys who are really desperate for this rig there seems to be a couple opportunities to buy one for the full list price from a few hobbies shops that get them in stock.But the rest of us all know the game with Tower; for $60 off and no taxes ($24-MI) it is just too much a discount to pass up to wait.So, with a family of four and a tight hobby budget, I can wait a little longer the almost 19% off.</div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"></div><div style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt">I&rsquo;d been sticking it out almost a year to upgrade/buy a new rig and am beyond estatic that I found out about the Aurora before buying something that I now know with %100 certainty that I would have been uhappy with compared to the Aurora.I know I feel like I'm in a hurry because I'm ready to buy now, but I've waited this long and will hang in there.

To me theAurora is a nobrainer and really isn&rsquo;t a fair comparison to any of the competition remotely close the price range.Anyone who can't wait or has to go to another rig, I honestly think it'sa their loss. Everyone has to make the decision that feels right to them.I&rsquo;ve gotten over the depressing fact that Santa isn&rsquo;t going to deliver on time and have stopped compulsively checking the stock status on Tower&rsquo;s website 2-4 times a day.After much time in these threads and reserching the the Aurora, I just can&rsquo;t comprenend owning anything else.Late January it is&hellip;</div>

firehopper 12-20-2009 01:14 PM

Iknow I couldnt wait, but Ifound a deal that was almost as good as tower's. Ipaid $425 with free shipping, thats almost the same as the tower deal. 419.99 was my tower price.

rambler53 12-20-2009 01:22 PM

I guess this makes me wonder if mediocre pilots really do depend on a radio this much more than their skills to appear to fly well.

MikeMayberry 12-20-2009 01:31 PM

The coupon is valid if the radio is purchased on or before March 31, 2010.

I appreciate those of you who are waiting (patiently or not,) and for those of you that can't/couldn't, I wish you happy flying with what ever radio you choose/chose. Hopefully you'll keep Hitec in mind the next time you need to buy servos! ;)

Mike.