RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/)
-   -   Do I trade in my JR X9303 for an Aurora 9? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-radios-transmitters-receivers-servos-gyros-157/9609554-do-i-trade-my-jr-x9303-aurora-9-a.html)

GizmoMadMax 03-24-2010 09:16 PM

Do I trade in my JR X9303 for an Aurora 9?

Aurora 9 HELP - Not sure if my question is listed in other threads, so please point me to them if so...

Question, I own a JR X9303 and am thinking about selling it for I this Hitec Aurora 9 (w/9 channel), BUT....

Am I STUPID to sell my awesome, perfect, great, beautiful, slick, sweet JR X9303 for the Aurora 9???? Am I crazy??? Am I stupid??? I need to sell my x9303 to raise the money for the Aurora 9, but has the Auroro 9 been proven? has it BEEN at the MAJOR R/C shows, like Joe Nall, WarBirds and are there more reviews and testing of it by MAJOR magizines besides the only one I found by Fly RC magazine(who I never heard of until now)? HELP, am I stupid to sell my JR X9303, this has me in a sweat, my head is spinning, or do I sit tight until this spring and summer to see how this Aurora 9 works out at all the shows and R/C meets and rags and reviews???? HELP, stressing on this 3/31/2010 deadline???

Thanks so much!!!! :(
:D

BuschBarber 03-24-2010 11:02 PM

RE: Do I trade in my JR X9303 for an Aurora 9?

The A9 just came out to Rave Reviews. It seems like a good value. It is their first 2.4 radio so like anything just off the assembly line, it will take time to determine if their any bugs. It is purely your decision, however, if you have many JR or Spektrum 2.4 Rx's, they will not work with the A9. Just a thought if you have a big investment in JR/Spektrum.

adaptabl 03-25-2010 08:43 AM

How many post are you going to make on the same thing?

jaka 03-25-2010 10:23 AM

Hi!
????
Selling a JR radio for a Hitec...No way!!!!

fizzwater2 03-25-2010 10:42 AM

ORIGINAL: jaka
Why not? Hitec builds a nice radio, has good customer service, and their new A9 is a pretty impressive unit.

Don't get me wrong, I fly JR - but, that's not to say that the other companies don't build radios just as nice.

carrellh 03-25-2010 10:57 AM

ORIGINAL: GizmoMadMax
Aurora 9 HELP - Not sure if my question is listed in other threads, so please point me to them if so...
Question, I own a JR X9303 and am thinking about selling it for I this Hitec Aurora 9 (w/9 channel), BUT....
Am I STUPID to sell my awesome, perfect, great, beautiful, slick, sweet JR X9303 for the Aurora 9???? Am I crazy??? Am I stupid???

This should be one of the easiest decisions ever.........

Does the JR work correctly?
Does it have all of the functions you want?
Do you like the 'feel' when you use it?

If the answer to any of these questions is "No" you should get a new transmitter. If the answer to all of the questions is "Yes" it is my opinion that you would be absolutely crazy to change radios.

airbusdrvr 03-25-2010 03:13 PM

I have the X9303 and almost bought the Aurora and was going to sell my JR. But then, as much as I like the new technology, my JR and my eight or so receivers are paid for and working well. I decided to stay with the 9303. But if someone came by and swapped me an Aurora and the same number of receivers I could also be a happy camper.:):)

GizmoMadMax 03-25-2010 05:08 PM

Hi adaptabl,

Wow, does it matter how many posts I make if I am seriously looking for help from all the pro's out here, geeeze, I am looking for some insight here, work with me, not the peanut gallery. This is a big decision, going from JR to Hitech Tx, ooouch....

Oh, by the way, the posts are unique and specific, so NOT really duplicate...
one for JR swap, should I
two for 4 channel recivers for park flyers
three for another topic

Thanks for the help!!!

4*60 03-26-2010 05:22 AM

Sold my xp9303 and got the A9 and a receiver for the price. Got 2 receivers for $40. Got 2 receivers and a module for about $100 earlier. I like timers(auto or throttle rather than switched), backlit lcd screen, easy programming, cheap tx programmer for updates and storing models and so far no need to return for service like the 9503;)

GizmoMadMax 03-26-2010 06:09 PM

So any word from anyone on when 4 &/or 5 channel park flyers will come out and they big question is, will they crush JR, Airtronics and Futaba with a GREAT price of $20 each, yea baby!!!! IF they do that, I will buy the A9 immediately, but until I hear that, I think I am pulling my JR 9303 off the market and keeping it...

Horizon Tech support said brown outs are from 4.8v packs that go low, NOT the receivers or the technology, along with their firmware update about a year ago, so it connects instantly if you do have one....assuming it cut the motor current draw or all servo's going full bore in a 3D stunt....

So they said use a 6v pack and NOT 4.8 volt...
BUT, I forgot to ask them about my electrics on 2 & 3 cell lipo's???? any thoughts???

thanks all

Pippin 03-27-2010 10:46 PM

...I would not sell your JR.

Instead, I would keep all your stuff and wait for the next JR. Hitec has got a new radio now but JR should follow soon. You might retun to JR anyway.

mediclavina 03-28-2010 09:40 AM

I was considering the Aurora and the newer X9503. I ended up getting the 12X. :D

adaptabl 03-28-2010 11:28 AM

ORIGINAL: jaka

Hi!
????
Why not?

It would be a nice upgrade.

MikeMayberry 03-28-2010 01:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Pippin

...I would not sell your JR.

Instead, I would keep all your stuff and wait for the next JR. Hitec has got a new radio now but JR should follow soon. You might retun to JR anyway.
Isn't that the 11X?

ORIGINAL: mediclavina

I was considering the Aurora and the newer X9503. I ended up getting the 12X. :D
I'm curious... what advantages did you feel the 12X gave you over the other two choices that justified the additional $1000 in cost?

Mike.

mediclavina 03-28-2010 02:31 PM

ORIGINAL: MikeMayberry

I'm curious... what advantages did you feel the 12X gave you over the other two choices that justified the additional $1000 in cost?

Mike.
I found a 12X MV (2.4GHz/72MHz) for only $999. :D

rambler53 04-28-2010 04:35 AM

Mike.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_96...tm.htm#9694621

RELIABILITY.
Why spend $1,100 replacing the entire plane after it crashes?

Highflight 04-28-2010 05:51 AM

ORIGINAL: rambler53

Mike.

RELIABILITY.
Not arguing for any particular "brand" ... I'll point out that high reliability doesn't necessarily require high cost. I've learned that the hard way. High cost does give a person bragging rights, though, and that's important to some.

rctom 04-28-2010 09:35 AM

ORIGINAL: rambler53

Mike.

RELIABILITY.
Are you suggesting that Futaba equipment has never caused a crash due to a failure in quality control?

What about all the reports of early Futaba receivers seizing up in hot conditions?

TF

Brendan Lugo 04-28-2010 10:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:)

rambler53 04-28-2010 01:25 PM

At least someone has a funny picture to post to make their point. Point taken. I'm safe, stuck with 72Mhz all along, ever since the first bird walked off a cliff and everyone else followed, maybe the issue is 2.4 and not A9. I've got three 2.4 receivers that stay in the case with my 10C radio, and I use the synthesized module on all my 72Mhz receivers to this day. I'm glad 72mhz channels are always clear these days. It's like 2.4 without the flaws.

grizzly59 05-04-2010 10:39 AM

Am I STUPID to sell my awesome, perfect, great, beautiful, slick, sweet JR X9303 for the Aurora 9???? Am I crazy??? Am I stupid??? I need to sell my x9303 to raise the money for the Aurora 9, but has the Auroro 9 been proven? has it BEEN at the MAJOR R/C shows, like Joe Nall, WarBirds and are there more reviews and testing of it by MAJOR magizines besides the only one I found by Fly RC magazine(who I never heard of until now)? HELP, am I stupid to sell my JR X9303, this has me in a sweat, my head is spinning, or do I sit tight until this spring and summer to see how this Aurora 9 works out at all the shows and R/C meets and rags and reviews???? HELP, stressing on this 3/31/2010 deadline???

Thanks so much!!!! :(
:D
I am sure the new Hitec Transmitter is a good one. I did not read any of the comments after your question as I expect it is a war thing again about which is best. I say keep the X9303. I feels good in your hands and you can set up a plane very quickly. It has been dependable. What more can you ask for??? I have used a 10X for 7 years. Old technology maybe but it never had a glitch and there is no reason to toss a good transmitter.

GizmoMadMax 05-05-2010 11:20 PM

Well as mentioned in the other posts, I did purchase the A9 and received it around 4/20 from TBM, thanks guys!!

This radio is awesome and I have been flying it a few eves per week ever since. flying a 3D foamy in tight spaces between trees and woods on 3 sides of me, then hang it on the prop over my in-ground pool :D

so far this A9 is awesome!!!

I am glad I swapped out my x9303 and jumped right to this!

I am still waiting for my 2 bonus receivers...

I plan on taking up the 9 channel receiver in my 30% gas Staudacher this weekend, that is if I get the old system out and the new system in, then get 10 flights on her :D

Then I hope to get the 7 channel Rx in my Bobcat this week also and get that back in the air with this new system :D

Cheers!!!

Homebrewer 06-06-2010 08:51 AM

I've been flying JR for at least 15 years and finally switched to the A9. Although I got rid of two JR 8103 transmitters, I kept an older JR783 to fly my planes that still have JR receivers.

Highflight 06-06-2010 10:19 AM

Well as mentioned in the other posts, I did purchase the A9 and received it around 4/20 from TBM, thanks guys!!

This radio is awesome and I have been flying it a few eves per week ever since. flying a 3D foamy in tight spaces between trees and woods on 3 sides of me, then hang it on the prop over my in-ground pool :D

so far this A9 is awesome!!!

I am glad I swapped out my x9303 and jumped right to this!

I am still waiting for my 2 bonus receivers...

I plan on taking up the 9 channel receiver in my 30% gas Staudacher this weekend, that is if I get the old system out and the new system in, then get 10 flights on her :D

Then I hope to get the 7 channel Rx in my Bobcat this week also and get that back in the air with this new system :D

Cheers!!!

And there you have it! The answer to your OP question has been answered and resolved.

Wayne Miller 06-06-2010 10:47 AM

Hi,

I fly Mode 1 and have a JR 9303 on 72mhz and I am considering moving to the Aurora 9 due to the following.

The advantages for me if I buy the Aurora with the 72mhz and 2.4 Tx modules are:
Jr is dedicated to one Mode without a factory change. Aurora can be programmed for any Mode and sticks are changed easily by a spring change making it easier to resell in the future.
Aurora 9 can fly 72mhz (any channel) or 2.4 receivers with Tx module swap.
Aurora recievers and servos are considerably less expensive than Aurora 9.
Aurora 9 will fly Futaba or JR receivers by changing the positive or negative shift in programming allowing me to still fly my current 72mhz equipment with the Aurora 9.
Aurora 9 has many more programming features than the JR 9303.
Aurora 9 can use LiPo's as well as standard battery pack.
I fly Hitech receivers and servos with my JR 9303 and they are very reliable.
Price for Aurora 9 is very reasonable.
Aurora 9's program updates can be done via a web download.

I still have not bought the Aurora 9 yet, and if any thinks any of the above is incorrect, please let me know.

Hope this helps with your decision.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne Miller