Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Regional Racers & Bashers
Reload this Page >

Calling All SE North Carolina R/C Racers!!!

Notices
RC Regional Racers & Bashers Speak with other RC car fanatics from your local area

Calling All SE North Carolina R/C Racers!!!

Old 02-06-2005, 07:44 PM
cbl2799

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling All SE North Carolina R/C Racers!!!

I finally found a new venue in the south east North Carolina area. It is Scotts Hill Center Raceway, in Scotts Hill, about 10 minutes north of Wilmington, and 30 mins south of Jacksonville just off of Hwy 17. Scotts Hill Center Raceway has been a drag & oval slot car venue for the last few months, and have recently added an off-road track, mainly suited for 1:10 scale cars. The track opened a few weeks ago, and today, I put my HPI RS-4 Rally on it, and had a blast. It is a loose-loamy soil track, but it will soon be filled by clay. The couple that owns the track has not scheduled racing yet, but are waiting for the weather to start warming up. The track has the following amenities:

Indoor Tables(don't know if we can use them for pit spots yet)
Pro Shop(they only have slot car stuff right now, but will be willing to start stocking RC parts once there are enough people)
Game Room
Driver's Stand

Parking on a busy event day/night might be a little limited, but I do not think it will pose a problem. Also, in addition, the track does not have any A/C outlets for charging batteries, but they are aiming to set temporary stuff up once regular racing starts. Night time lighting is also planned to go up.

They are also planning to set up a temporary track for parking lot on-road racing. The surface is reasonably new, so performance will be good. I plan to get an assessment on on-road within the next two weeks.

The couple that owns the track are from the slot car community, and I think they are a great addition to the RC community. Please show your support and promotion of the sport and show up at the track for practice, and soon, racing.

Currently, it costs $10 dollars for an all-day track access pass. For more information, please drop them a call at 910.686.SLOT (7568)

See you all at the Track!!!!