Community
Search
Notices
RC Regional Racers & Bashers Speak with other RC car fanatics from your local area

Charlottesville Racers Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 07:58 PM
paperclipracer
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

if any of you guys want to talk pm me or email me
Old 06-10-2005, 12:14 AM
dockman2

I guess we will plan on racing at Scotts on Sunday.

Eddie I plan on running at Scotts on Saturday also. Its a good day for testing and such. I need to get some laps in with the Xray. Im still getting used to it.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:25 AM
SManMTB

Can't make it on Saturday but will be there on Sunday with the ghetto repair. Hope it holds up.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:29 AM
octospider0

hey all.

found out what was up with my hyper 21. NO COMPRESSION! ZERO! With the flywheel off I can spin the piston with no effort at all. Not sure why that motor got bent so quick. Cant be more then 2 gallons through it.

Anyway, installing the OS now but ill need to pick up a new flywheel and clutch from Stampy tomorrow if he has got'em,

laters

Bill
Old 06-10-2005, 10:17 AM
dockman2

Hey Bill wont the flywheel off the motor you have fit on the RG?

Joe just emailed me back about the race. Should be easy to find. Its a straight shot down Rt29 and you make one turn when you get there so should be easy. The buggy class is open so its run what you brung.
He said he hopes to get a guy from Roanoke to run the race since he has a stransponder set up but not sure if thats final. I thought about offering to do it but Im not sure if I will be able to go or not. Anyway I guess we will talk more about it this weekend.
Old 06-10-2005, 10:39 AM
slicks

Bill - I had the same thought about using your existing flywheel etc.... should fit.

If Stampy doesn't have what you need - come on out on Sunday with all your stuff -- maybe a couple of us can help you patch something together until you can get what you need.

Yep -- the more I see of the ofna engines the more I want to move far away from them. I currently have the hyper 21 8 port race engine - but it will probably be my last ofna engine. You are going to love that OS RG - it is a great engine I have been very impressed with it. I know that Manders loves hers - I doubt that anyone could pry that thing away from her.

Old 06-10-2005, 10:58 AM
SManMTB

The RG has great potential for modification too. Bring out the dremel and start cutting.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:40 AM
ZRaceman01

Hey kevin what time do you get there on saturday? I will have my Jammin pro so we can mabey test and tune on it some more. I found out why it got loose. The Jammin tires inserts wore out. I will have a set of Crimefighters on it.

Bill I feel the same way about OFNA motors and carbs.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:12 PM
octospider0

ORIGINAL: dockman2

Hey Bill wont the flywheel off the motor you have fit on the RG?

yea the flywheel will fit but it seems kinda wore down. New one was cheap! picked up a clutch (man was mine in bad shape), a 13t bell (was a 14) and the new flywheel.
Now if I can just find the time to get it all put in and broke in ill be golden.

Ill talk to you guys about the race in Amherst this weekend, I at the very least would like to go and watch (maybe drive). Should be a good day. Hell, its father's day, I can do whatever I want right?

laters
Old 06-10-2005, 07:21 PM
slicks

Yes Sir -- I feel the same way - its Fathers Day and I want to race!!!!

Manders wants to go but she is not sure about racing but does want to go and watch. Don't know why she doesn't want to race -- I am sure that she would kick some major boy butt down there -- oh well, maybe Kevin can talk he into racing this Sunday.
Old 06-10-2005, 10:26 PM
dockman2

"I found out why it got loose. The Jammin tires inserts wore out."

Eddie I told you that last Saturday you knuckle head! Im not sure what time I will be there on Saturday. It depends on what time I get up and I really need to get the mower out and bushhog this jungle I call a yard.

I wont be able to go to the race on Fathers Day. I need to go see my Mom and then I think the family is going to the cemetary since its the first FathersDay after the fact.
Most likely I will go run some at Scotts later in the day.
Besides its not looking like this race is going to be a big deal. It seems like something that is just thrown together and you guys might be racing they same people you usually race.
I hope you guys do go though to check out the track and the locals. Someone needs to take some photos of the track so I can see it. Also talk to the local guys and try to get them to come up here to race.

Bill bring your stuff by on Saturday and wecan hook it up and break it in for you. If you want I will work on the setup and see if its the buggy or the driver.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:31 PM
fourwheels0
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hey kevin i think i just might get a lx pro rtr for $180 it's all stock and seems to be in good condition. think i should. let me know here or i'll see you at scott's this weekend. later mike
Old 06-11-2005, 01:25 AM
dockman2

Yeah Mike, come on out and we will talk about it.

Also Scott wanted me to let everyone know we will be racing Sunday at his track for sure.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:11 AM
slicks

yep Scott called me last night and confirmed what Fast Eddie had said about Wayne working and that the racing is at his place on Sunday. Hey Kevin - I told Scott about this site and explained to him how to find it -- but if you can you may want to show it to him today (Saturday) so he too can get logged on here. This site has proved to be a good tool to communicate with each other.

Bill - you are going to love your buggy when Scott and Kevin get through with it. Scott told me that you had some trouble with istalling the new clutch -- that thing can be a bugger the first time can't it? I have learned alot from Kevin and Scott re: set-up etc... that has really helped me and made both of our buggies run and handle better. Probably one of the reasons I have not yet upgraded to a newer buggy yet.

See y'all on Sunday
Old 06-11-2005, 08:28 AM
ZRaceman01

Bill, they helped me a lot to in setup and in how I race. I just sit back and listen to them when they are talking about raceing and about setups. They fixed my Jammin pro and a lot of other things for my dad and I.
Old 06-11-2005, 08:40 PM
trackman

hey joel im here finally just been busy trying to stay on top of the track . hope to see everyone sunday
Old 06-11-2005, 09:25 PM
slicks

Hey Scott --- glad to see you made it!!

See you Sunday about noon time. I thought maybe we would have gotten a little rain today to make the track a little tacky tomorrow. But dry is good.

Old 06-12-2005, 08:39 PM
octospider0

was a good day

so is everyone out for next weekend in Amherst?
Old 06-12-2005, 08:55 PM
ZRaceman01

I would like to go and watch the race but I can not. I want to spend some time with my dad. Might see you guys on Saturday.

I got that moter broke in at 210.

Give me a shout, Later
Old 06-12-2005, 09:01 PM
dockman2

Bill Im not going but Im planning on running at Scotts on Saturday and then late on Sunday.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:05 PM
SManMTB

It was a fun day.

I'm in for Amherst. I think Kevin said it was left at the Ford dealer in Amherst by the 29.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:35 PM
dockman2

"To give you some visuals to go by to let you know you are getting close. When you pass Amherst, you will go through the 29 by-pass construction. A few more miles, you will see Amherst Motors (Ford/Mazda) on your left. Turn left as soon as you pass the dealership. That is Coolwell Rd. The track is behind the basketball courts"

These are the directions that Joe sent to me. Basically Its a straight shot down Rt29 untill you get to the point described above. I do hope some of you guys go to see the track and how things are run. Hopefully someone can take some photos of the track and even post them on here.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:47 PM
fourwheels0
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

kevin i am planing on going down to the race on sunday. and i'll take a bunch of photo's of the track. so the people that can't make it can see what it look's like. i'd like to know who else is going down. i think cris said he's going and joel and amanda but i'm not sure on them. i guess we'll find out on saturday if not before then. P.S. look's like $475 to get me up and running. see ya saturday.
Old 06-13-2005, 01:34 AM
Super_Dave

I'll deffinatly be at Amherst and I'll be racing.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:03 AM
slicks

Manders and I are planning on racing in Amherst too. I'll be spending this week getting the buggies ready to go. Sounds like we will have a good group from Charlottesville.

I would like to get there when they open so I can get some practice in and get a good look and feel for their track. I sent an e-mail to Joe and asked if they were providing pit area/tables - will let you know when I hear back from him. My thought is to leave C'ville around 8:00/8:30 (I figure it will be around 60 miles - or an hour drive) -- do we want to make a car caravan - for those that want to leave early we could meet at the Toys R Us parking lot?? I'll try to remember to bring our camera too.

Hey Mike - what all is in the $475 that you are looking at? Keep us posted.

I had a blast yesterday (Sunday) - some day I'll turn a 12 lap heat.... I know I can....I know I can....I know I can....I know I can!!!! Manders wasn't too happy with herself - but I told her that she raced with 2 diferent buggies - neither one had she driven before -- so not too bad. I was just happy that she didn't like Wayne's Ofna Pro (the one he bought from Scott) - or I could hear it now that that was what she wanted for her Birthday! Whew - dodged that expensive bullet!!!

Fast Eddie -- what engine are you talking about? Did you get another new engine?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.