Notices
RC Regional Racers & Bashers Speak with other RC car fanatics from your local area

Central VA Race Club

Old 09-06-2005, 07:57 PM
HPIKID18

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Central VA Race Club

Hey guys, Just wanted to THANK Gerared for hosting the race this past Sunday. You tha man G.
Also guys the NEXT race is at Mike's track Sunday Sept. 18th.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:21 PM
fourwheels0
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Central VA Race Club

hpikid18 where are you guys at. we have 2 tracks up here in the charlottsville area. we run 1/8 buggies and somtimes trucks. is anybody from your area going to amherst this weekend. there is a bunch of us going down there. should be alot of fun.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:23 PM
smoke20

heyguys, thanks for the local racers in the lynchburg,madison heights,and surrounding areas for all you do. We hope to have more racers start showing up.There will be a race on Sept.18 at my track at 3pm.This is free to all racers. So if you are looking to race at least twice a month on two tracks not once every 2 to3 months.Come check us out we are looking for new racers.We have 8 racers now.Once again thanks guys.Now let get this club going in this area.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:27 PM
SManMTB

1/8 scale - you got an address to the track? What do you run? How big is it?
Old 09-06-2005, 09:29 PM
smoke20

I will not be there on sunday.I will be out of town.Would not run if i was here.No one tells us about any thing. I guess the local racers here mean nothing to some.So hope you guys have a good time!
Old 09-06-2005, 09:34 PM
smoke20

It is about three miles from blue ridge. It is about 150 long by 55 wide. we run all class from st. trucks to unlimited mt to 1/8 scale buggies. we do it to have a good time we would just like more support from the local people.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:13 PM
HPIKID18

Mike,
is that "the hitman" sending me some mail tonight? It's a Verizon e-mail address.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:41 PM
dockman2

We pretty much just run for fun here in Charlottesville also. Since we dont know the area if you could give some directions we probably could get a group to come and hang out and race. Heck I could even bring a computer and do the race if you guys dont already have the stuff. Let us know.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:11 PM
HPIKID18

Hey guys, nice to hear from ya.. I hope to have the web site up and running by this week-end. Once I get it together, I will post the address here.
Who is the guy with the track behind his house in the trailer park? "1/8th scale" and myself stopped by there this past "early" spring. It was still pretty chilly out.
Anyway, thats a nice track, do you race there mostly? Where is the other track at? Is it about the same size?
Old 09-06-2005, 11:13 PM
HPIKID18

Dockman, We have a laptop but alas we just manual count. Are you guys running AMB? or doing the manual thing as well?
Old 09-06-2005, 11:21 PM
Smokinjoe6450
My Feedback: (6)

Old 09-06-2005, 11:44 PM
HPIKID18

Joe,

Calm down, take a deep breath, Sheezzz, your gonna give yourself a stroke!
Why do you think any one is trying to ruffle your feathers?
No one is trying to get you all fired up. As for helping you, the only time I helped is when you said it was ok, the park dept. didn't like people working on it(liability), your words not mine. Shoot, I layed out, designed, built,transported, set up and filled in the biggest, most popular, (and now most controversial jump there). LOL
The comment about 2 races, that is all you have had this year, *** That is all you had last year as well. Mike and myself held the third one of the season, you didn't even show up. Several people have said they saw you and others at the track, but no one told them there was a race coming up. I don't know why, just the way things worked out I guess.
No one is trying to get you fired up Joe, Hell, when you were trying to get ideas to build your track, we invited you out to Mike's to run on his and get some idea's for yours. And your invited back again when ever you want to come. Just relax, it'll be allright.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:09 AM
Smokinjoe6450

[X(]
Old 09-07-2005, 07:28 AM
trackman

hpi thats me in the trailer park. we try to rotate weekends between my track and waynes track. his track looks bigger
because its more open and flowing. not as tight and technical as mine. his is wider but i think its a little shorter.
you carry a lot more speed on his track, more fast sections. that track is in greene co about 15 min from my house.
we always post on the chville thread were the racing is at. feel free to stop by anytime. we would like to know
about the other tracks. we could make a road trip, have some fun.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:41 PM
RC YODA

3 races in a month 1/2 CVRC- BLUE RIGDE 1 this year No. 2 Sept. 11 found out about the race when I drove 65 miles away to hobby store and the owner told me 2 an 1/2 weeks ago.CVRC don't do stuff like dat! We and NOT I did , CVRC Members we support each other FIRST!!!!! Come out Sept. 18 and race with CVRC And also grow it's membership locally
Old 09-07-2005, 02:48 PM
RC YODA

I just want too give a shout out too the HOT SHOE driver of CVRC. HA HA HA HA
Old 09-07-2005, 04:22 PM
smoke20

hey,guys i didn't mean to up set anyone.I just stated the facts. And as for joe did not point anything at him. All i meant was that the local guys need more support.I like racing at other tracks out of town.Have no problem with that.We just can not go every weekend.That is why I said the local area guys need the support.If joe wants in on races at blueridge love to have him. The more people the better.I know he has alot going on but, he could count on us to stand in when he can't. That is if he will ask.The racers from out of town may bring the money but the local guys will always be there when others can't.SO AGAIN SORRY didn't mean to make anyone mad.we just need to come together and get this going so we can race and have a good time. Go other places to race and have others from other areas come here as well.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:26 PM
Smokinjoe6450

[&:]
Old 09-07-2005, 04:39 PM
SManMTB

I'd love to race with CVRC at their track (or any other track). Please post some info with directions and I will most certainly show up.
[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 09-07-2005, 05:01 PM
smoke20

No problem with you joe if you want to be a part of this club we are going to race at my house on sept. 18 at 3pm.We would love to have you there.it would be great to have three track within 5 miles of each other.your track is more of a speed track the other two is not you really have to drive them because it is tight. but that makes for really good racing.SO joe any time you want to run even if you are by your self call us ther are always someone who will run with you.And i told you before you are always welcome at my track.SO let us end all the who is doing what and get together make it happen.Sorry I can't make your race on sun. i am going to the beach.I said if i was there i wouldn't run. You know better than that i love it so you know i would.even if i had to limp my savage around in front wheel drive i would run.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:04 PM
Smokinjoe6450

we just need to come together and get this going so we can race and have a good time. Go other places to race and have others from other areas come here as well.
That is my whole point Mike. I tried that last year and it didn't work. Maybe I didn't go about it the right way. Hopefully what you have going will work out and we can have some really big turnouts for races. I can advertise them in the paper and at different places, and can provide some help from the county.

ANYWAY, I hope to see the guys who can make it out on Sunday. It would be beneficial to everybody....more racers for the race and you would have a great audience to spread the word about local racing and your club......and it will be FUN!!
Old 09-07-2005, 05:06 PM
Smokinjoe6450

Plus....these Charlottesville racers are talking a big game....we need to show them a few tricks!!!
Old 09-07-2005, 05:08 PM
smoke20

todd is working on a website for cvrc with all the info.to the tracks and events. we would like to link from other sites including blueridge. Todd will be there sun.so talk with him about the info.And he like's to be called the HOT SHOE.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:16 PM
Smokinjoe6450

Sounds fine to me. I am getting links to the different tracks around the state. I will make a local tracks page and post upcoming events at all of the tracks. tHE cHARLOTTESVILLE TRACK (i HAVE ONLY BEEN TO sCOTT'S) IS A BLAST TO DRIVE ON.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:26 PM
smoke20

tHEY MOSTLY RUN 1/8 SCALE BUGGYS RIGHT. I like my mt. i JUST GOT A LIGHTING STADIUM PRO. IT HANDLES WELL JUST NOT GOING TO BE THERE TO RACE IT. NOT MANY ON BUGGYS AROUND HERE IT LOOKS LIKE ALOT OF MT.SO THEY WILL BE HARD TO BEAT BUT ITS JUST FOR FUN EVEYBODY WILL LOSE SOONER OR LATER.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.