Community
Search
Notices
RC Regional Racers & Bashers Speak with other RC car fanatics from your local area

NEW - Colorado Springs indoor tracks

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 02:38 PM
Darksyde63

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW - Colorado Springs indoor tracks

I would like to get some feedback from all of you on the the following please.

I have been tossing around the notion of creating, opening and running a year-round indoor set of tracks. It would consist of the following. (All of this would be located indoors & under one roof.)

1 - 1/8 & 1/10 off-road dirt track
1 - 1/10 on-road touring car track (cement or carpet)
1 - 1/18 on-road car track (carpet)
1 - 1/18 on-road car track (cement)
1 - 1/18 off-road dirt track
1 - 1/18 off road track (carpet)

There would be about 10 tables per track, available for working on your cars, kind of like a mini "pit" locations, with electric. A parts shop, restroom facilities, and of course vending machines, or a snack bar type of area. There would be a small fee for using the facility (to help cover the costs of utilities and such). Speaking of fees, what would be your idea of a "fair daily fee" for something like this?

If I get enough positive responses to this post, I will start on the next steps to procure the location, and build the facility.

Thank you all for your input on this!
Old 09-12-2007, 08:12 AM
Darksyde63

Default RE: NEW - Colorado Springs indoor tracks

bump - to keep fresh for another day or so.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:29 PM
mx757

dont know if youre still kicking around the idea, but i would love to have an indoor place to run. I dont know how many people from co are on this site, but you may want to put flyers in the hobby shops up there and see what kind of response you get.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:23 AM
Ramit217

I live at Fort Carson and just downsized from the 1/10 scales to collecting and running all the 1/24 scales now, so an indoor track or room to fly either of my helis would be an amazing feat here in the springs. I am in the process of being medically retired due to a deployment injury so if you need any help kicking this indoor track deal off let me know. More then happy to help and i have lots of free time....sadly enough....