Community
Search
Notices
RC Regional Racers & Bashers Speak with other RC car fanatics from your local area

CT Racing......Now Open.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 10:58 AM
RedBaja
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CT Racing......Now Open.....

ORIGINAL: jombo

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan

ORIGINAL: RedBaja

It's both friday nights, electrics in door (1/18th and smaller) and also the outdoor as long as it's not raining or snowing....all electrics and nitros outside....I'm also in the process of trying to get sundays during the day for practice and race days to...ill keep you guys posted

Also kool dude I'm looking forward to seeing you with the beast.....The Savage!!!!.....lol....thanks

Rich
Should I even bring the Savage?, it isn't the most raceable truck out there ha ha.
i'll bring mine if you bring yours lol plus a few more

RedBaja i should be there friday feb 15 at 7pm either with a nitro truck or the 1/18 electric.

sounds good jombo....im looking forward to seeing you guys....I'm also in the process of having some practice runs on sun from 12 to 4......ill keep you guys posted on that....thanks

Rich
Old 02-12-2008, 11:00 AM
RedBaja

ORIGINAL: oldschool77

It is better then my machine...don't worry!

I just want to have some fun AutoX...this aint PINKS!

Hope to see you there...I may be a little late.

LOL....yeh man its koo your savage will do fine...Its not a race ,but just practice...you'll be fine

I wish I had a Savage...I have a Magic Wheel that runs well except for the fact I don't have second just yet...
Unfortunatly the shop hasn't had it outside to run/tune/fix because of the cold...crossing fingers for Friday!
Maybe I'll try to just pull the truck for friday night and bring it back the next day or something if they can't get a chance.

Yeh It would be nice to see if you can get your truck back, but yeh try to talk to mark and see if he'll let the car go for fri and then give it back to him on sat......give it a shot bro...
Old 02-12-2008, 11:30 AM
oldschool77
My Feedback: (3)

I will...I understand the weather stinks and can put things on hold. I am sure I can run it for the night without over revving and not having second gear.

I just put an offer for a gen 1 Tmaxx ( i think)with the .15/start/3ch/3 bodies etc. that appears to be in great shape for 160 shipped on these forums. If it has the TRX 2.5 I'll be in business, if not I'll probably pass or buy it to part it out or something.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/ite...7201&cobrand=1

I hate having a knockoff now so I'll sell the wheel once it gets fixed. He may even be able to get it to me by Friday/Saturday. Next wekk I am on vacation so I'll have some tuning/bashing time if it all works out.
If it doesn't have the TRX 2.5 is the truck still fast/able to pull wheelies? A 2.5 mill is cheap so worst case scenario I'll still make my money back.

We'll have to see.

I know Jombo recommended a Savage/Lst but I can't swing that right now for the moment, eventually I would consider a nice 1/8 truggy or something. I just want a good starter truck and this one is only $160 shipped so I'll give it a shot. I prefer to bash rather then race so this will do fine.

Looking forward to bringing SOMETHING to friday!
matt
Old 02-12-2008, 02:51 PM
RedBaja

I will...I understand the weather stinks and can put things on hold. I am sure I can run it for the night without over revving and not having second gear.

I just put an offer for a gen 1 Tmaxx ( i think)with the .15/start/3ch/3 bodies etc. that appears to be in great shape for 160 shipped on these forums. If it has the TRX 2.5 I'll be in business, if not I'll probably pass or buy it to part it out or something.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/ite...7201&cobrand=1

I hate having a knockoff now so I'll sell the wheel once it gets fixed. He may even be able to get it to me by Friday/Saturday. Next wekk I am on vacation so I'll have some tuning/bashing time if it all works out.
If it doesn't have the TRX 2.5 is the truck still fast/able to pull wheelies? A 2.5 mill is cheap so worst case scenario I'll still make my money back.

We'll have to see.

I know Jombo recommended a Savage/Lst but I can't swing that right now for the moment, eventually I would consider a nice 1/8 truggy or something. I just want a good starter truck and this one is only $160 shipped so I'll give it a shot. I prefer to bash rather then race so this will do fine.

Looking forward to bringing SOMETHING to friday!
matt
That sounds good....def thats a good deal for that maxx shipped, I'd jump on that for sure.....good luck with the purchase and hope to see you fri, hey even if you dont have the truck for fri, still swing threw and check it out...ttyl

Rich
Old 02-12-2008, 10:18 PM
oldschool77

NICE I GOT IT!

USPS will deliver on FRIDAY!

What i am going to do is this.

I am sure Hobbytown won't be able to touch the truck with the snow and everything on the ground. I think the snow will be gone by Friday for the track but not with enough time for the Smartech to get looked at by HT. It is a short track so no worries, I'll pick it up in the afternoon or earlier in the week, get the Tmaxx, maybe swap some parts to the Tmaxx, maybe even get a tune in for the Tmaxx and have 2 trucks ready.

The Tmaxx has been shelfed after only have a gallon run through for breakin for the last year so I want to rip it apart and save a run with it for Saturday perhaps. Then I have to fit my El camino body, paint the Tmaxx bumpers and just give it a once over. Only thing is the guy had some good bodies with it, one of which is an old panel truck in purple...and he installed matching purple RPM front arms on it. I have to find black RPM's, the purple look great with the body but looks wierd with anything else.

I'll bring back the Smartech Saturday and get the two speed fixed (i have to to sell it anyway and then on the Tmaxx install the metal/High torque servos on the Tmaxx, wheelie bar, upgraded disc brake and slipper, motor saver cleaner, do some porting, flip the carberator 180 degrees so I can get to the LSN (Tmaxx book trick!), yadda yadda yadda...

I think I can get this low mileage TRX .15 (the original Tmaxx motor) to roll pretty well once I give her a good tune/glow plug/and some tweaking.

I FEEL BETTER THAT I HAVE A LEGIT TRUCK! No more imposters! (although the truck is still a blast!)
Old 02-13-2008, 12:52 PM
oldschool77

It's both friday nights, electrics in door (1/18th and smaller) and also the outdoor as long as it's not raining or snowing....all electrics and nitros outside....I'm also in the process of trying to get sundays during the day for practice and race days to...ill keep you guys posted

Also kool dude I'm looking forward to seeing you with the beast.....The Savage!!!!.....lol....thanks

Rich
Should I even bring the Savage?, it isn't the most raceable truck out there ha ha.
i'll bring mine if you bring yours lol plus a few more

RedBaja i should be there friday feb 15 at 7pm either with a nitro truck or the 1/18 electric.

sounds good jombo....im looking forward to seeing you guys....I'm also in the process of having some practice runs on sun from 12 to 4......ill keep you guys posted on that....thanks

Rich

That would be good too...the kids nap aroud then...would free up some extra time.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:09 PM
jombo

the mini quake is done for now till i get to hobbytown for some a arms, my son was playing with it and stepped on it [sm=lol.gif] . so its just the savage and the lst2 and maybe the st1.

oldschool77 dont listen to other people use what you like in no way get something else because people think that way, see you all friday then, shine, no rain of course .
Old 02-13-2008, 04:19 PM
The Hedgehog

See ya there, I'l bring my Savage, and RC18B for now, maybe RC10T3 too.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:42 PM
oldschool77

Really looking forward to dropping by, the guy who is working on the Faketech is bringing it to the shop at 6:30 so i'll swing by after. I am not sure why but even with sun in the 40's he didn't have a chance to figure out my trans before I sell it. I may even get the T-maxx in the mail by then too and try to get a tune in with a fresh glow and some WD-40 to free it up.. As long as I intercept it before the wife does...I am good!

I valued your opinion on the Losi Jombo, I just can't appreciate the tuning/capabilities of a truck like that just yet. I'll get my monster craving out of the way and go with the losi eventually...I know they are bar none tops for parts/quality. I remember the days of the Jr-X2 and the Jr.T!

Looking forward to checking out your nitro!

Keep an eye on them...I may be jealous enough to swap one for the Faketech! (hah just kidding!)
Old 02-15-2008, 08:05 AM
jombo

hopefully will see you all tonight, maybe get a few races in in practice, i swung by the shop yesterday and saw the outdoor track maybe some low traction tires may work there i will bring both just in case.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:54 PM
RedBaja

Whats up guys, I made a little changes to the out door track, I cleaned it up and moved one of the jumps to another straight away, the track is still pretty much a speed track but now you can't just punch it all the time....hopefully you guys like it, I will be there with my camera to snag some pics and post them here on the forum.........thanks a lot guys for your support....

.....I look forward to seeing you all at the track tonight....

Rich
203-545-1650.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:49 PM
RedBaja

Well it turned out to be a great night, Everyone that said they were going to show up, did.......Just want to to Thanks to OldSkool, Tex, and Jombo......

And I think I may add the LST2 to my list of RC's Im going to buy soon, Including the new Speed T from Losi.....Jombo was very kool with me driving his amazing LST2 which I'm amazed with.......

Also God DAMN AUTO......That Team Acss...was a beast for a stock car...moved very well....

And oldskool, I still like the Replica T-maxx.....Hey when ever you want to sell it let me know I think i may be interested in the truck, It ran great......and sounded awesome....

But once again I just want to take the time out to say thank you for coming out and showing your RC Support...Its a great hobby and I just want to help keep it alive...thanks

Rich.....

Also I will keep everyone posted about Sunday's, time is going to probaly be from 12pm- either 4pm or 6pm depending on how many people show up.....But i will keep it posted.....thanks

Old 02-16-2008, 10:01 AM
oldschool77

I also wanted to thanks everyone for making it a very fun night!

I learned more in one night then in 18 years of doing R/C on and off. Especially that slipper clutches can be a ***** when torqued too much!

Jombo, I can't thank you enough for letting me try the LST, my first REAL nitro driving experience! I was actually speechless when you handed me the control to go jump on my Smartech with help in getting it started. That thing (as well as the Thunder Tiger) handle with the precision of a surgeon, you were wailing into the turns and down the straights without any loss of control. Excellent driving and dial in. I think that even with the tighter/smaller track outside (1/8th's need some space to wind out on traditional tracks/dirt) it can really work towards building skills in handling, maneuvers, braking and throttle/slipper setups. I think 1/8th is really good for it.

Red, I may take you up on the Smartech, next time I am around you are more then welcome to drive it (once I get a replacement for the 72 spur) I will hook you up on a good deal once I get 2nd gear figured out or I can leave that up to you. Still I need to figure out how the spur got so close to the battery compartment,I also lost my mesh with the clutch bell which explains how I lost the teeth. The engine/transmission never moved! Thanks for explaining alot about those amazing 18th scalers, the hobby has come a long way since I was a middle school kid breaking my clod every 5 minutes or melting spurs in my Monster Beetle.
I have full confidence in getting the Smartech back up, I was going to put it up on ebay but I'll give you first cracks. As you know at least 85% of the Smartech truck works on my Tmaxx gen 1 and vice versa. Thanks for being cool about everything and helping us out to get started.

Auto X, I learned a ton from you, brought back some memories of running planes into trees and those heavy sub-c 10 cell packs I ran on that 8 ft wingspan fiberglass glider! Your pocket rocket buggy is amazing, the abuse it took (despite your great driving) put my old clod/tamiya kits in 1/10th scale to shame. I never knew 1/18th hooks up as much as yours does.It was fun to watch.

I stood up late and slept in (on my wifes b-day hehehe) till 12:30 fixing what I could on the trucks. Tomorrow or maybe even tonight I want to pop the motor out of the Tmaxx to get a look at the clutch and se about Jombo/my own theory on the problem. It just sounds like the clutch can't grab the bell until it spins fast enough which is probably more a spring problem vs. a shoe problem. I have the parts so I'll pop the e-clip and see what I find.

Jombo, I was surprised the speed the Tmaxx got as well, you can clearly see the difference in the Japanese mill in the Smartech and the Pro. 15. I installed the tuned pipe ( the mounting wire was hard to get in the right shape), I fixed the linkages for the throttle/brake so now they are perfect! Eventually I need the flip the carb so I can get to the LSN easier. I am also thinking of ditching the "sleazy start" as the glow pulg wire seems to be dead and carrying a starter pack sucks. HT had the pro.15 pull start which I prefer anyway. I cleaned alot of it and lubed, the shocks probably need stiffer springs and the servo saver for whatever reason, doesn't always return to neutral (it wasn't a bulkhead binding thing after all). I dunno. I also one a terrific header for the pipe so the pro. 15 is really going to come to life with a terrific exhaust/header/intake setup.

Red, I'll stop by Sunday to the shop to bring you the truck in person. You said you were working at HT not the track right? The Tmaxx will get all setup for you, hopefully the clutch problem will be fixed beforehand, otherwise she may just need a good tune/rebuild. You can borrow my smartech too if you want me to bring it by, I just need a spur at this point and to shift the motor/trans a bit.

AGAIN THANS EVERYONE FOR A GOOD TIME! Hopefully I can make this a regular thing weekly...but you know how infants and toddlers get!
Old 02-16-2008, 12:08 PM
The Hedgehog

Cool guys it was nice meeting you all.

Oldschool, I noticed you used to build Tamiya's, that is my favorite car company today. I build their more modern kits, although I have built a re release Wild Willy if you remember that one. I just love building and tinkering, in this day and age everything is RTR [&:].

Also if anyone would like to buy my Futaba 3PM I used 3 times I will give it to you guys for real cheap, I am buying a different radio. Just an idea. I also have a new thunder tiger mini I ran once that I also can give you for real cheap I just want to get rid of not interested in making money. This goes for anyone else out there.

Yeah the RC18B is amazing isn't it? After all that jumping my steering seemed off so I think I put the servo saver under too much stress landing on one wheel over and over ha ha.

If anyone is interested in going up to the 10th scale nationals let me know I think I will run in the stock class this year, brushless next.

I will also stop by the track and give my Savage some abuse on Sunday if it is open!
Old 02-16-2008, 01:54 PM
The Hedgehog

Found out they sell metal clips for the servo saver, should improve my steering quite a bit!

I was having trouble the the RC18B's steering, now I will be even faster and more consistent on the track!
Old 02-16-2008, 02:25 PM
oldschool77

I have my oldschool 3pb FM/PCM for the two channel smartech because of the srevo throw options/etc. I wanted it 18 years ago for my clod but couldn't afford it...found it for $75 on ebay with the manual/receiver. If red wants the 3PB I'll probably give that to him, sell the Smartech servos/radio serperatly and get rid of the Q3 from the Tmaxx for an independent 3ch. unit like yours. I will have to see how everything plays out.

1/18th looks like alot of fun, if you are selling an 1/18th R/C I may be interested once the Tmaxx is setup/tuned/running satisfactory.

Tamiya kits were quite the experience, my first was the clod and I beasically had to build it twice since after the first round I didn't know about the wonders of Threadlock. Oh well. They were tricky to understand at times but I figured it out as a 12 year old so they couldn't have been that bad. I see the will yin your sig...the first wheelie king? hehehe.

To be a little sarcastic (Jombo will back me up) Traxxas may have invented RTR but nothing is really RTR since things are manmade and people make mistakes on an assembly line, screws don't always get torqued right, sometimes things are missing, threadlock is usually not applied, no lube...etc. It is a convenience thing to take the frustration out of assembly and has its purpose but if any of us knew how many sleaves/pistons/etc. have been busted in the first 5 minutes of a maiden voyage we would have a good idea of the inexperienced buyers out there. That is why so many entry level electrics have speed limiting modes to learn the vehicle before you kiss a wall. The day RTR nitros are pre-broken in is the day R/C industries will go out of business. They thrive on rebuilds.

At the moment I need a tx/rx set for 27 mhz eventually, probably a set of Tmaxx shocks, and a servo saver. There seems to be a lot of play and it doesn't always return back as I mentioned. I was driving last night (thinking I tightened the turnbuckles too much) and the truck was not holding a line. I looked at it this moring and even with a metal gear high torque servo it can't find "home". Thinking of going commando and taking out the saver but I don't think there is a secondary saver in the bellcrank already. Hmmmmmm.

As for Sunday, I'll see how "naptime" goes. I won't have something to run unless I get a chance to rip my clutch apart. There wasa great article I noticed in R/C car i think, about care/setup/maintenance of race and recreational clutch setups. I wonder if there is a 3 clutch conversion for a tmaxx. Savages have 3 shoes right?

Old 02-16-2008, 03:04 PM
jombo

i had a great time friday even the tmat on the track gave the lst2 a good race, i will try to make it for sunday but it may be a tossup betweeen friday or sunday since 2 times a week may be too many times out [X(]
i will be there definitly be there either day either for 1/18 or 1/8 scale racing , maybe a new 1/18 scale truggy to rival the autoxman buggy that buggy was wild and could take a hit

oldschool77 the savage does but the clutchbell is wider, i dont think they make a 3 shoe for the tmax unless you get the bigblock system for it

definitly will see you all down in fairfield either day just let me know which day you all want to go, so i take it you all like the lst2, huh..... it is a sweet truck one of my favorite trucks to run i call her old reliable .
Old 02-16-2008, 03:05 PM
The Hedgehog

Old school, do you just need a basic 27mHz tx/rx? I have plenty of them that came with RTR's I was going to throw on ebay
Old 02-16-2008, 06:35 PM
oldschool77

Old school, do you just need a basic 27mHz tx/rx? I have plenty of them that came with RTR's I was going to throw on ebay
I have to look and see what tx/rx I have right now. With all of the Traxxas radios out there and only 6 27mhz frequencies I am surprised they didn't go FM....maybe a cost thing.

Let me know what you have, I am sure everyone is running an FM/75mhz setup except me but it would be great to have some extras on hand. Ebay has a set of 3 or 4 for like $20, but I waited when I got the 3pb/fm/75.

Let me know what matches you have or if you /jombo have springs that would fit my Tmaxx. I am going to rebuild the truck next week, but attempt to at least get the shoes on tonight to see what I am up against.

I AM WITH YOU JOMBO!

Twice a week may be tough for me as well...but a SUnday now and then with at least sunlight may make it workthwhile for temp until the floodlights get installed in the back.

COOOL!
Old 02-16-2008, 06:50 PM
RedBaja

Hey whats up guys, thanks for the possitive feedback on the track, yeh jombo I think that im going to run the 1/18th scales for the indoor track on fri, and def open the outdoor track for sun, only because 1. its daytime...(lol...) 2. longer times to run the cars...and 3. most people are free on sundays....But im still going to run the outdoor track on fridays along with the indoor track...

Hey today was a great day at work....Auto watch out buddy, I just sold a RC18T with a upgraded battery, a 7 cell pack....and he's going to show up at the track...now I know what your going to say, It's not all about speed...but we'll see what he has....And I sold another Vendetta today and He's going to show up this fri to...so it's going to be another full house hopefully.....I'm planning on having about 10 to 14 people at the track this fri...for the indoor and outdoor...and there should be about 10 people for the outdoor track this sunday..( week from tomorrow)....unforutanly I won't be able to run the track tomorrow, but you can def count on next sunday....12-6pm.....and that will be every sunday.....ill keep everyone posted on that...

Also Auto...dude how much do you want for that 1.18th you have forsale.....electric? Nitro?......perfer Electric.....

Also I have that Micro T modded forsale or for trade for any 1/18th scale...I have a link in my sig...sorry but you have to copy and paste it to see it.......but if you guys now anyone that wants one or is interested please let me know...ill work out a deal with them...I have the brushless motor for it to...and for the right trade, or price ill let it go with the car...let me know guys

and thanks again...

Rich
Old 02-16-2008, 09:09 PM
oldschool77

oldschool77 the savage does but the clutchbell is wider, i dont think they make a 3 shoe for the tmax unless you get the bigblock system for it

LOOKY LOOKY!

Cheap too!

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...4&I=LXKVK7&P=K

Old 02-16-2008, 09:10 PM
oldschool77

With the way I am going...I may need these too!

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...4&I=LXBJB6&P=K
Old 02-16-2008, 09:12 PM
oldschool77

How do I know if the oneway bearing is toast?
Old 02-16-2008, 11:29 PM
RedBaja

if its spinning but you dont hear any popping coming from the exhaust which means the one way bearing is spinning but its not grabbing the crank to build compression....also sometimes it will grab and you can hear it but then slips, then you have to replace the one- way...is this in your t-maxx...or the replica maxx.....and is this a pull start or a electric start.....also dude im going to be at the shop all day tomorrow. from 12pm till 5pm....so swing on by with the truck that you think has a possible bad one -way and ill snag a look at it for you.....and we can also talk about the other truck you want to sell....

talk to you later

Rich
Old 02-16-2008, 11:58 PM
jombo

LOOKY LOOKY!

Cheap too!

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...4&I=LXKVK7&P=K

i would stay away from anything Integy , most of the parts they sell are not very good, but the robinson racing stuff is great

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.