Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Regional Racers & Bashers
Reload this Page >

Openeing a track In UPSATE NY , Got some questions

Notices
RC Regional Racers & Bashers Speak with other RC car fanatics from your local area

Openeing a track In UPSATE NY , Got some questions

Old 08-11-2010, 12:15 AM
justin_92_92
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Openeing a track In UPSATE NY , Got some questions

Hello all,

We have a Hobby shop in Northern NY. I am getting close to getting a out door track finished. So far we have been racing slashes and buggies on it just messing around after long days of work. But I have some questions about other tracks. So I was wondering about some of these things from your experience.

1. Do most tracks have a "club" that you belong to to use the track during the week? (wanna keep the track clear for practicing for the customers that buy from me and that really wanna race. Not some little kids that have a cheap walmart car and wanna mess around. Not that I think it wouldnt be fun for them, but the real racers might not like it).

2. If they do have "clubs" what do they charge for "dues" if any and what does it provide for the members?

3. How do most tracks run race days? Say i have 20 people show up for a slash spec class. I wanna run 6 at a time. So do i have 4 qualifiers and one A-main?

4. We dont have power at the track. Do most have a generator with hook ups or do they let the racers decide if they want to bring their own?

Im sure I will have more questions for you guys and I realize this is alot to ask so feel free to not answer, but for those that do, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

BTW, wanna race?

Justin
Old 08-11-2010, 09:50 AM
kaiser01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Openeing a track In UPSATE NY , Got some questions

the track by me charges a $20.00 monthly track fee to use the track anytime. it's hard to police that so it's pretty much an honor system. but i agree you don't want just anyone to runon your track, so you may have to kick people out or get them to buy a real rc car and pay dues.
$15.00 on race day, 3 rounds of qualifiers and how ever many mains are needed, usually just an a main and b main. (so you'd have 3 rounds of 4 heats)
no power outside is normal, thats why we have 12v option on our chargers, just run them off a car battery, some people bring generators. we have the luxury of being able to pull our cars close to the track and pit with our cars.

what town are you in? how far "north" ny is big lol.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:41 AM
justin_92_92
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Openeing a track In UPSATE NY , Got some questions

First, thanks for the information!

Im about 3 hours north of Syracuse. Moira Ny.