RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   Charlottesville Racers Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/2989523-charlottesville-racers-thread.html)

trackman 01-06-2006 10:32 AM

RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

yeah joel he dropped it off last night.

SManMTB 01-06-2006 10:43 AM

OK, Important news!

The domain for our club (http://www.team-corr.com) is going to be transferred to the hosting account later today and there might be some interuptions. I'll do my best to take care of the problems that might show up.

When this happens the old domain (corr.atothosting.com) will not work anymore and you are all welcome to [link=http://www.team-corr.com]Team-CORR[/link].

[sm=thumbup.gif]

slicks 01-06-2006 10:43 AM

Sounds like he is only going to race trucks!

OK -- well I'll look thru my stuff to see what I have that may fit that buggy when I get home tonight -- I may have a pipe too. I'll get them to you this weekend.

HEY Matt (Alfaraptor) If you are not going to be using that radio I gave you last year -- there is someone here that could use it.

trackman 01-06-2006 11:20 AM

joel mike suplied the radio too. allen said he might have a motor, if not then ill give up
one of mine.
i think mike wants to wait till spring before buying another buggy. that gives him
plenty of time to decide what he wants.

Big Stampy 01-06-2006 11:22 AM

I'll kick in some fuel and misc. items.

slicks 01-06-2006 01:13 PM

wow - this is all very cool!

Scott - no matter the weather - I'll stop by on Sunday with what I find.

trackman 01-06-2006 02:39 PM

joel now there saying low 50s sunday. thats good enough for me!:D
yeah steven is always the first out there to turn marshal and he doesnt even have
a buggy to drive. i think he helps most of you all carry stuff back and forth.
he might have to find a part time job to support the fuel habit!!

slicks 01-06-2006 02:47 PM

He was talking to me the other day about getting a part time job soon. He said that he had to wait until he was finished with some volunteer work that he was doing before he could do that though. This may be the event that will push him in to doing so. Plus there is the expense of parts too! It should be a good experience for him.

Low 50s!!!! YES gotta love that! I'll be running my back up buggy as I have the front end apart on my buggy to go through the shocks and differential. Plus I am going to change to top block to the H block like you and Christian and I talked about a couple of weeks ago.

Big-ED 01-06-2006 02:53 PM

WHat other setup tips did you pick up..what diff oil does scott use...what weight...what kind of shock oil.. what weight..does he put 10 or 15 psi of air in his tires how about nitrous does he use that[sm=biggrin.gif]
no really what is the difference in the H and L? I thought it was high and low.

ORIGINAL: slicks
Plus I am going to change to top block to the H block like you and Christian and I talked about a couple of weeks ago.

SManMTB 01-06-2006 03:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Big-ED

WHat other setup tips did you pick up..what diff oil does scott use...what weight...what kind of shock oil.. what weight..does he put 10 or 15 psi of air in his tires how about nitrous does he use that[sm=biggrin.gif]
no really what is the difference in the H and L? I thought it was high and low.

Plus I am going to change to top block to the H block like you and Christian and I talked about a couple of weeks ago.

Those blocks change the roll-center of the car. Using the H-blocks will raise the roll center in the front giving a bit more traction to the rear.

On the new kit I am putting on the H-blocks, 2deg antisquat on the rear and no TCD diff in the front, using an SP1 chassy. Should be interesting to see how that works out. I figure I'll go with 3-5-1 diff oils to start with.

slicks 01-06-2006 03:12 PM

well...........the highs go really really high and the lows go really really low :D

I think that on the front arm if you go to the H block it raises the pivot point (?) of the arm at the tower. Not sure if that improves handling or not. But I did see a set up sheet where Ryan Cavelari (spelling) used that set up.... Just thought that I would give it a try.

As for Scott's set ups............THAT will cost you some money! And yes I think I do know most of his set ups as he usually talks with me about them and what differences they make so I can learn about all this stuff.

Big-ED 01-06-2006 03:15 PM

Most of the setup Ive seen guys are running the L block.
Lucky you...how much will it cost me.;)

well...........the highs go really really high and the lows go really really low :D

I think that on the front arm if you go to the H block it raises the pivot point (?) of the arm at the tower. Not sure if that improves handling or not. But I did see a set up sheet where Ryan Cavelari (spelling) used that set up.... Just thought that I would give it a try.

As for Scott's set ups............THAT will cost you some money! And yes I think I do know most of his set ups as he usually talks with me about them and what differences they make so I can learn about all this stuff.

SManMTB 01-06-2006 03:15 PM

If they 'improve' handling is up to you to decide. It changes the handling, if you like it or not is up to you.

trackman 01-06-2006 03:26 PM

your right chris. there is no perfect setup. the best setup is the one that YOU are comfortable with.
the sad part is i havent spent much time yet tuning the kyoshos. maybe this weekend the big k
will hit the track again!!

slicks 01-06-2006 03:59 PM

I agree -- not sure if I'll like this set-up or not -- but I figured since I have it all apart might as well change a few things!

trackman 01-06-2006 04:24 PM

yep thats all it is joel.trial and error. you never know until you try it!

Big Stampy 01-06-2006 04:37 PM

No one has asked me, ahem, but I sell X-Ray.......too.

SManMTB 01-06-2006 04:41 PM

Can you beat $580 for an XB8?

Big Stampy 01-06-2006 04:42 PM

for one of MY guys? what do you think?

SManMTB 01-06-2006 04:43 PM

Just checking.... :D

Big-ED 01-06-2006 06:20 PM

[sm=drowning.gif]

SManMTB 01-06-2006 06:39 PM

:D:D:D:D

It's only money Ed!

slicks 01-06-2006 11:40 PM

ED - I'll show you what set ups I am using next time I am out there.

Got the front end back together ... well for the most part that is. Need to take apart the shocks and give them a good cleaning etc... then realign the wheels etc... then it is on to the center diff! OH BOY!!!!

slicks 01-07-2006 10:11 AM

Christian -- can't get on to the CORR site. Keeps saying that the URL is unavailable. I tried the old one and the new link you list above.

fourwheels0 01-07-2006 10:28 AM

hey scott i don't know if you've seen this or not but homer has the mach 427 for $150. with what i've seen from this motor that's a hell of a good price.
can you say mod time?:D