RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   Charlottesville Racers Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/2989523-charlottesville-racers-thread.html)

trackman 01-25-2011 06:17 AM

RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

scary, aint it?;)

trackman 01-25-2011 10:10 AM

hey ernie can you stop by mikes and pick up the 4x4s?

and didyou get your hoodie?

huntinman 01-25-2011 01:50 PM

sure I can get those 4X4's from Mikes. yes I got me a hoodie :D hehe, and I got a kill switch. does the buzzer plug right into the kill switch or do you need a splitter or something? and have you put on your RPM arms yet? If so did they fit really tight? on mine, after I installed the limiting cables the rears don't seem like they drop down as far as they did with the HPI arms........ hhhmmm I might just be lookin at them funny or something.lol

trackman 01-25-2011 03:13 PM

the buzzer just plugs right in. i got the rear arms on, and they are a tight fit. no slop at all. i didnt see any noticeable difference in how low they drop. didnt really look at it. if we get this snow and i get home early this week i might go ahead and put the fronts on.
now money is real tight. the power co just busted me for 453.00 last month. 1 freaking month!!!!!!!!geez...no beer, no cigs, no food. well, atleast no food.;) then i forgot to check my emails.......the wife busted me when i got home, WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU ORDERED NOW?????..........[X(]

huntinman 01-25-2011 04:13 PM

lol well sounds like you in the dog house. 453.00 light bill holy st!!!!! well it has been pretty cold here lately making the heat pump run long time. did you get the black arms or the white ones? I got the white ones and dyed them blue :D.it's calling for it to be mid 40's and partly sunny on saturday, maybe we can get some work done on the drivers stand. I rebuilt my rear shocks over the weekend, I didn't have the umbrella seals so I just replaced the HPI o-rings with darksoul ones. the fronts were ok so left them alone. I'm waiting on my fast eddy front hub ball/cone combo for the front arms. you don't hafta remove the engine to put the kill switch on the motor doe you?

huntinman 01-25-2011 04:19 PM

forgot to ask did you get that luna pipe painted and installed yet?

fourwheels0 01-25-2011 05:01 PM

cage and pipe.
friggin useless internet can't even post pics here now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .

trackman 01-26-2011 03:59 AM

ernie you just have to remove the flywheel cover. 2 bolts on bottom, 2 on top and 3 or 4 on front side. yeah pipe is painted and mounted.;) i got black arms.
mike if you had good luck it just wouldnt be you............:eek:

fourwheels0 01-26-2011 07:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
maybe today it will work.

trackman 01-26-2011 09:46 AM

looks like it will take a childs hand to get the fuel cap off.

huntinman 01-26-2011 09:52 AM

Mike it looks like your ready for some serious barrel rollin :D. did you hafta remove a lot of the cage's bars to get your dom in there?

huntinman 01-26-2011 10:12 AM

ORIGINAL: trackman

looks like it will take a childs hand to get the fuel cap off.
you should look at the kraken rc bullet fueler, might be able to keep the cage on when you fuel up.
www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.7856/.f

fourwheels0 01-26-2011 12:57 PM

screw that. i'm not spending $90 to put fuel in.

huntinman 01-26-2011 01:27 PM

it's on sale at TGN for 71 bucks.

trackman 01-26-2011 02:58 PM

im with mike. even 70 bucks is bad to me. it will take mike 30 seconds longer to take cage off and put back on that it will me to take body off and put back on. and still have 70 bucks in his pocket!
i put the front arms on today. man they are tight. no slop at all. i had to do a bit of grinding though on the arms so the hub doesnt rub..

huntinman 01-26-2011 04:07 PM

advance auto sells long nose funnels for like a buck :D. those rpm arms are tight, I haven't connected the front arms to the ds hubs yet cause I'm waitin on those fast eddy front hub ball/cone combo to get hear!

trackman 01-26-2011 04:11 PM

your gonna have to gring down the arm a little so it doesnt hang up. i hated it but had no choice....[:o]
but i will say theres no slop in the arms now:D

ernie i think mikes problem is he cant get his hand on the fuelcap with the cage on.

fourwheels0 01-26-2011 04:50 PM

yup between the cage and pipe there is NO room to get my hand in to remove the gas cap.
i said screw it and took off the pipe.
i need the cage more than the pipe.
now i have have tons of room to get to everything.
i'll see how you guys do with the luna and maybe get one come springtime.

trackman 01-27-2011 09:52 AM

mike make sure the track is dry;)

fourwheels0 01-27-2011 01:45 PM

i had the drier out today but i doubt it will be dry.:D:D:D.

trackman 01-27-2011 03:17 PM

as long as you tried i cant complain...... no, wait. yes i can . thats just what i do!:D its supposed to be in the mid to upper 40s this weekend. i dont know if the snow will be gone on saturday. we can atleast get some railings up on saturday, and go from there.

trackman 01-28-2011 10:43 AM

mike i got another full roll of pipe and 10 more block for the steps.

fourwheels0 01-28-2011 11:20 AM

cool.

trackman 01-28-2011 12:12 PM

ernie has been quiet the last couple of days. is he still allowed to play with us?:D:D:D

fourwheels0 01-28-2011 01:08 PM

hhmm not sure.
maybe he doesn't have internet service in the dog house lol.

huntinman 01-28-2011 01:18 PM

Have you guys missed me that much :D. got my hoodie and been lookin at myself in the mirror with it on :D:D:D:D. We still workin on the track tomorrow?

trackman 01-28-2011 02:02 PM

yes ernie. and i think my hoodie looks better than yours;) are you going to get those 4x4s from mike? we need to get some 2x6s for the railing. will you have room on your truck? i have a roll of pipe and more blocks on mine. give me a call.

trackman 01-29-2011 03:04 PM

hey mike you ok? you have been quiet lately. we got thr front railing up today. then ernies batts went dead......;)

huntinman 01-29-2011 04:19 PM

yeah my batts petered out sooner than I thought, wish they were lithium batts. at least we got the front railing up.

fourwheels0 01-29-2011 04:36 PM

ya i'm here just in pain.
glad you guys got the front up at least.
i go in on the 11th to see what they can do about the pain or if i have to have surgery.

huntinman 01-29-2011 07:26 PM

Mike did your doc give you anything for your pain?  cause the 11th is still a ways off........ Hope your feelin better.

slicks 01-30-2011 04:37 AM

Mike, you are going to UVA correct? If so call them and tell them you want to speak to a patient advocate and ask them if they can help you to see a doctor sooner. I don't know if that will help as the advocates may be only for inpatients - but it may be worth a try!

trackman 01-30-2011 01:40 PM

hey ernie the posts are cut. i found a board, so i got all 3 done. i need to drill the holes there so i can make sure they dont hit any nails. hope you feeling better mikey.

huntinman 01-30-2011 03:32 PM

good now we can finish the stand next time were there.

trackman 01-31-2011 02:01 PM

ernie they are calling for snow now on saturday[:@] but i still plan to finish the stand!:D

fourwheels0 01-31-2011 03:14 PM

i still have ski's for the slash if you want to run LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

trackman 01-31-2011 04:09 PM

mike all the snow was gone saturday. but there was plenty of mud!!!:D i was NOT doing that again.[X(]
hey mike you want to sell your stock roll cage? i ordered the h bomb and i dont know if it will fit on mine since its got a couple half melted spots.

fourwheels0 01-31-2011 04:15 PM

ya sure let me know if you want it or need it.

huntinman 01-31-2011 04:52 PM

did ya get free shipping on the dotd today Scott? and what color h bomb did ya get? cool we can finish the stand this weekend......... if it's not a blizzard!!!!!!

trackman 02-01-2011 03:58 AM

i got the silver one. i have too much orange allready.