RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   Charlottesville Racers Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/2989523-charlottesville-racers-thread.html)

SManMTB 01-09-2006 01:13 AM

RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

As you can see on the CORR site the forum is gone. Work in progress.

SManMTB 01-09-2006 02:51 AM

Just FYI!

The forum is back up again. Unfortunately I had to reinstall from scratch so everyone needs to sign up again. Let me know if you got problems and I'll help you out.
I added a few more subforums this time. 'The Beer Cooler' is back and there is now a 'Beer Cooler Lite' called 'The Lemonade Stand' (PG-13) for general BS and discussion.
The links on the main page are still not fixed. Until then use and bookmark these links:

[link=http://www.team-corr.com]Team-CORR main page.[/link]
[link=http://www.team-corr.com/forum/]CORR forums[/link]
[link=http://www.team-corr.com/gallery/]CORR picture gallery[/link]

Good Night. [8D]

Big-ED 01-09-2006 07:23 AM

You can run any 1/8 scale buggy.

ORIGINAL: Smokinjoe6450

I asked on the CORR site, but I will ask here too.......do you have to run an XRAY at the tiltyard for that August race, or is it just sponsored by them?? That sounds like fun!!

slicks 01-09-2006 07:45 AM

Joe -- I agree - when I read it I didn't know if his thought/plan is to open in C'ville or Lynchburg. Not sure that he is certain about that part yet. From what it sounds like they are exploring their options.

Racing was fun! Just a day to tune engines etc... nothing official. But I do think that we are due for an actual race here soon!

slicks 01-09-2006 07:47 AM

Christian -- I thought that Homer had a transponder system out there already? Or is Xray bringing in one to run the race? What is the cost of a transponder?

Big-ED 01-09-2006 08:30 AM

You can get them for around $70
He has an AMB system he just uses the personal transponders (I think)

ORIGINAL: slicks

Christian -- I thought that Homer had a transponder system out there already? Or is Xray bringing in one to run the race? What is the cost of a transponder?

Big-ED 01-09-2006 08:31 AM

Christian can you activate my Corr account?

slicks 01-09-2006 08:37 AM

Ed -- once you register -- go back to your e-mail box where you rec'v your messages and there will be a message there from the forum and that will activate your account. I know it stumped me too for about a minute!

Big-ED 01-09-2006 08:43 AM

email never gets delivered

SManMTB 01-09-2006 12:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Big-ED

Did you use the correct address? I have no problem with it. I'll look into it.

It was fun running again.
I had a new clutch in the car but with all the grip and the MAC running real strong it was completely worn out after the day. :D
Carrying 5lbs of mud in the wheels is not a good thing.

Big-ED 01-09-2006 12:57 PM

Same thing happenend last time and you just activatied it.

ORIGINAL: SManMTB

Did you use the correct address? I have no problem with it. I'll look into it.

It was fun running again.
I had a new clutch in the car but with all the grip and the MAC running real strong it was completely worn out after the day. :D
Carrying 5lbs of mud in the wheels is not a good thing.

SManMTB 01-09-2006 01:18 PM

Big Ed - you got PM.

edit: Your account is activated now.

SManMTB 01-09-2006 02:53 PM

You can get them for around $70
He has an AMB system he just uses the personal transponders (I think)

ORIGINAL: slicks

I know he usually has a set of loaners like we had in Amherst. Don't know why it's not used now.
$70 is a hot deal. I paid close to $90 for mine directly from AMB.

WatcherKid 01-09-2006 03:26 PM

Mike.. If you didn't get my PM.. Bring the motor mounts please.. Scott wanted me to remind you. :D:D

slicks 01-09-2006 03:30 PM

That cost on top of the race fee leaves me out for 2 buggies. We will probably go and watch though.

Big-ED 01-09-2006 03:32 PM

$70 is too low your right, but you should be able to get one for $85

SManMTB 01-09-2006 03:35 PM

Yeah it hurts.
I am sure he will have more races before Aug. Usually there is a race on 'opening weekend' in April and last year he had the loaner transponders. The fee was $5 or $10 to race.

503 01-09-2006 10:08 PM

I dont want this to be a negative place to visit over negativity over anouther person good fortune. Joe I will be more than glad to up-date you at the track and bring your MT it should be a good turn out.

Bill/Stampy I hope the best for you in your buisness's, Bill your wright we do need more strong small buisness's.

"503"[:@]

octospider0 01-09-2006 10:38 PM

not sure who you are refering to being negitive Rodney but from what I have posted and read nothing but the truth has been spoken. You don't believe me about the hardships of small business....all I can say is you will see. Live and learn. You dont believe what Stampy said about recieving salarys from a new small business for quite some time...you will see. Live and learn. Everything thing can be made to look good on paper, but, once in the open things do not always go as planned. You wish to take that as a negitive, more power to you. I mean really, what information could I possably have for running a small business in central virginia?

503 01-09-2006 10:54 PM

Your wright I read in to things. "Sorry"

"503"[:@]

dockman2 01-10-2006 12:37 AM

Since 503 is on here I can now tell everyone where he has been all week. He has been in his super secret RC Lab working on the next big thing to hit the market!
Tired of pull starts? Who isnt! Tired of bulky starter boxes? Hell are you tired of forgetting to charge the batts for your Roto start? Sure you are. Thats where Rodney comes in. He has invented the first Hand starter with no batteries required!!!
What is it you ask, well sit back and I will tell you and I bet you dont believe me. Its the Handy Dandy Multi purpose tool we all carry and use every day............................................... .....ITS A SCREW DRIVER!!!!!!!!

Thats right boys and girls a screw driver. You just put on the glow igniter and insert a screw driver into the roto start back plate on your motor. Now the tricky part is to turn the screw driver... BY HAND... really really fast to turn the motor over.

Yes people its true!!! Bone head forgot his Roto start for his Monster truck tonight at Scotts so he decided to TRY to to spin the motor over with a screw driver. That had to be a Kodak moment!!!

Monster truck... $450 dollars, gallon of Nitro... $30 bucks, Rodey trying to spin a motor over fast enough with a screw driver.................... PRICELESS!!!

< Message edited by dockman2 -- 9/19/2005 11:00:14 PM >

(in reply to 503)
Post #: 1380

I just want to bring back up this old post in case anyone missed it before or just need a good laugh.:D
Sorry Rodney but it was just to good to let go. Just messing with you![8D]

WatcherKid 01-10-2006 08:17 AM

That gave me my laugh for the day. Nothing personal, Rodney, just a funny post. :)

Big Stampy 01-10-2006 03:53 PM

I guess I just obsess on things way too much. If I believe all that I hear I guess NO ONE is happy with me. Although the figures from Christmas would suggest otherwise.

I have been in business for three years and drove my competitor out of the r/c biz. But the concensus seems to be that I will "screw this up."

I have tried to cater to the "local" club by giving discounts but apparently everyone seems to think that everyone else gets a better deal.

I offered to buy a transponder system for the club but my motive was questioned. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth friends.

I have sponsored three races in Amherst and that has resulted in new relationships for all of you. Hopefully you will all race together at all five tracks of the coming year.

So here goes. I don't give a damn if Rodney or anyone else opens a hobby shop. For all I care you can open next door to me. I will reat accordingly. But if anyone thinks they are going to make a business out of catering only to the 20 or so racers at the club then they are fooling themselves. Without profit, no business survives. And...obviously I have made no friends by giving special prices.

Even when I try to do something abova and beyond the call of duty, i.e., buying back four mistakes, the XTM Mammoths that I sold, that too is apparently wrong. Can't win for losing can I????

I have a thriving business that is no longer dependant on the whims of the r/c community. Although r/c will always be a large part of Stampy's is by no means the only thing, nor should it be.

Yes indeed, there have been issues. There are issues at WalMart, Sam's, and even the IHOP can screw up your order. That is all part of business. It is something you try to correct but it is something that nonetheless happens from time to time.

I wish Rodney and his partners well in whatever venture they undertake. I kind of hope it isn't a hobby shop but if it is, prepare for a very unprofitable venture my friend.

For what it is worth, I am extremely tired back biting and speculation.

Here is the bottom line: If you want to come here you are welcome. I will treat your business with respect and handle it professionally. If you don't, you will be missed. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. When you walk in and look at items they will be clearly priced. No special deals, no further discounts. Nothing for one member to think another member is getting that he isn't. Deal?

Stampy

dockman2 01-11-2006 01:20 AM

"So here goes. I don't give a damn if Rodney or anyone else opens a hobby shop. For all I care you can open next door to me"

Ooooh K!
Im guessing you do care or you wouldnt have posted this, out of the blue.

I know most people wont respond because they are afraid of hurting someones feelings but yeah I will be the bad guy. I just preffer the truth as oppossed to BS. Some of the points you made fall under the BS label.

"I have been in business for three years and drove my competitor out of the r/c biz"

OK, come on. They drove themselves out of business with their unrealistic prices!

"I have tried to cater to the "local" club by giving discounts but apparently everyone seems to think that everyone else gets a better deal"

OK, all anyone wanted was for you to order the parts they wanted! Simple enough, ask for the parts on Sunday and come to pick them up the following weekend. Hell I can order them myself from Horizon on Sunday and have them by Wednesday! No BS stories about them not showing up yet or "they are here but I dont know where". Just tell the truth! You didnt order them or you didnt have the money to pay the UPS guy when he came. You would at least gain a little more respect!

"I offered to buy a transponder system for the club but my motive was questioned. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth friends"

Ok this is a good one. YOU didnt offer to buy it. You said someone else did IF we formed a club. Well we formed a club and you havent mentioned it again. What happened? Where is it at? Basically more BS, start to finish! Simple tip here, dont talk about it BE about it! If you wanted to buy it then buy it, if not then dont bring it up. Its OK though. A transponder sytem would be nice but we are fine without it.

"I have sponsored three races in Amherst and that has resulted in new relationships for all of you"

Hey thats cool and Im glad you did it. They are a bunch of nice guys and Joe has worked hard to provide some good races. Just a shame you didnt put that kind of effort into the track that pretty much made your business and its just down the road.

"I have a thriving business that is no longer dependant on the whims of the r/c community"

Once again its a shame you feel that way about the people that MADE your business. Not a big surprise though!

"For what it is worth, I am extremely tired back biting and speculation"

Cool, then let it go. No one pointed any comment towards you to even justify your post. Stampys wasnt even brought up. Rodney was talking as one of the CORR racers to the CORR racers about what he hopes to do. Thats what this thread was started for, by me, so the racers could talk about whats going on. Not for Hobby shops to sell there stuff. Thats what ad space on this site is for.
I know you will be POed at me for writing this but Im sorry. Dont throw stuff out there if you dont want it thrown back at you.
Good Luck with your shop,
Kevin Powell

Big-ED 01-11-2006 09:17 AM

OK I'm new and these things that are being said may not apply to me or maybe they do.
But this is the one thing that bothers me also.

I'm not trying to start anything or take anyones side, I like shopping at Stampys and without him things would be harder for all of us, We would get by but it would not be the same.

ED

[quote]ORIGINAL: dockman2
[OK, all anyone wanted was for you to order the parts they wanted! Simple enough, ask for the parts on Sunday and come to pick them up the following weekend.]