RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   Charlottesville Racers Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/2989523-charlottesville-racers-thread.html)

Big Stampy 01-11-2006 09:36 AM

RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

Kevin has a couple of valid points and I respect his opinions.

I have taken steps to ensure parts/special orders are delivered on time. Things have improved a great deal and still have room to improve I am sure.

And I have put effort into Scott's track regarding sponsoring races. I am happy to do the same for any track that it interested. I also made sure on my trip to LA that I lined up additional sponsorship money for the upcoming season. That happens as a result of the money I spend with various maufacturors and distributors. Tower/Nitro House, etc. give you nothing. At least I am making that effort.

I would, even though I started this, like to put it to rest as much as possible. I have not and would not ever turn my back on people that have supported Stampy's.

trackman 01-11-2006 12:33 PM

i feel like i missed something here. stampy im not sure what to make of your post. as a group we have tried
to support your shop. but then out of the blue you say you dont need our r/c bussiness. im not trying to bash
anyone, but a lot of people will see this as i did. if you have problems with individuals maybe you should
address your concerns with them and not everyone as a whole group. we all know kevin made some good
points and now no one will say anything. nobody is choosing sides or pointing fingers. personally i try to help
everyone, including you. im not trying to p.o. anyone either but to say your no longer dependant on our
bussiness does not send a good message from a shop owner. we as a group are friends with you and rodney
and i feel that is what this is all about. maybe i just misunderstood your post. but if i did then im sure a lot
of other people will too. i deal with customers everyday and i need them more than they need me. without
them im unemployed. sorry but thats just the way i read it.

Big Stampy 01-11-2006 01:10 PM

I am not the least bit surprised I have upset many people. It was not my intention but it is the way it worked out I guess.

Here is the crux of the situation:
****For what it is worth, I am extremely tired of back biting and speculation.

It is hurtful and harmful. And, I might add, unwarranted. There isn't a week that goes by that some rumor or other doesn't make it's way back to me. And I am not talking about anything to do with Rodney. I am talking about things that are mallicious. Humiliating. And untrue.

I have done the best I can with what I have had to work with and will continue to do so.

WatcherKid 01-12-2006 12:20 AM

*changes subject*

Scott, how does the track look after the rain..?

dockman2 01-12-2006 02:07 AM

Hey Bill. Glad to see you up so late. Now Im not the only one. Joel I posted on CORR to you about the points series. Let me know.

fourwheels0 01-12-2006 07:19 PM

i'm going out to waynes tomorrow (friday the 13th) around 11 or 12 and create some carnage. going to try and get some video so all can see. anybody who want's to see some real destruction should come on out.

P.S. i'm going for the golden screwdriver award. let's just see how tough this truck is:D.

slicks 01-12-2006 09:43 PM

Hey Mike ------well that is quite a goal to shoot for! A good start would be to loosen all four wheel nuts and run the truck at top speed until the wheels fall off!!!:)

Good Luck!

fourwheels0 01-12-2006 09:49 PM

hey joel did you read my post on the corr site. if you want you can use my starter box as long as you need to.

slicks 01-13-2006 07:45 AM

Mike -- yes I did see your post and offer to use your starter box. I answered your post at the CORR site.

WatcherKid 01-13-2006 02:18 PM

If we're running tomorrow, I'll be out.. It's gonna take me till about 4, like last saturday, because I work.

Mike, i don't mean to be annoying.. please bring the motor mounts. :):)

trackman 01-13-2006 02:26 PM

stephen you are being anoying!! the buggy was together and ready tuesday night. mike brought the
mounts by monday. dont get your panties in a wad!!:D:D

Big-ED 01-13-2006 03:03 PM

:D

Alpharaptor 01-13-2006 03:33 PM

Hey all, the CORR forums seem to be down, where's the race this weekend?

Big-ED 01-13-2006 03:36 PM

http://www.team-corr.com/forum/

slicks 01-13-2006 03:36 PM

Matt - it isn't down -- It has moved and is a bit more official. It looks like rain and mudd this weekend -- not sure if there will be any racing we are all waiting to see. I think that the new site is www.team-corr.com

You can find the link a couple of pages back - I think on page 109???

Have you decided to join the club?

SManMTB 01-13-2006 04:50 PM

Check my profile and signature for the link!

Smokinjoe6450 01-13-2006 04:55 PM

Had a friend buy a LST2 from Stampy today. That is another racer for this year. Will probably get two more racers as a result of him getting one. As a matter of fact, his buddy called him on our way back. He has the itch BAD....leaning towards a REVO. The group is growing and growing..........:D

fourwheels0 01-13-2006 05:53 PM

joe you have friends? or is it your alter ego.:D

Smokinjoe6450 01-13-2006 07:07 PM

I like to pretend I have friends. Actually, he was just somebody I followed into Stampy's and watched him buy it. I said "Hi" to him and he nodded, so I consider him my friend. They are hard to come by these days.......:(

JUST KIDDING!!! I actually have three friends!!!! :D

fourwheels0 01-13-2006 08:13 PM

COOL that's 2 more than i have. mine's in my head but we fight alot.:D
and yes i alway's lose.

slicks 01-13-2006 08:47 PM

so -- ah Mike when you talk to yourself do you also answer yourself? :D

dockman2 01-13-2006 10:44 PM

He probably ignores himself like everyone else does.:D

fourwheels0 01-13-2006 10:55 PM

yes i do answer myself. but it's alway's the wrong answer hence the fighting and the losing i can't win[:@]

p.s hi bill oop's i mean dockman2. i get you guy's confused.:D

WatcherKid 01-14-2006 12:36 AM

sorry scott :P i didnt know it was done.. you should have gotten me.. i would have put it in my room and taken it out of your building to give you the extra room. :D

it's thundering and lightning here now.. pouring down rain.. hope the track is ok tomorrow!!!!

im gonna pick up a quart of fuel tomorrow after work.. ill see you all around 5 PM tomorrow!!

WatcherKid 01-14-2006 01:37 AM

morning kevin!

wow.. it stopped raining!