RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   Charlottesville Racers Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/2989523-charlottesville-racers-thread.html)

Big Stampy 01-20-2006 04:52 PM

RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

It's round, glassy eyed, and absolutely vicious when cornered.

SManMTB 01-20-2006 04:56 PM

[sm=confused.gif]

Big Stampy 01-20-2006 05:00 PM

here I am with an answer, in a cat's eye....

http://www.marblemuseum.org/marblegallery.html

SManMTB 01-20-2006 05:02 PM

Oh, OK.

Big-ED 01-20-2006 05:47 PM

lmao

slicks 01-20-2006 08:01 PM

:D:D:D:D

oh - that was good! very good!

dockman2 01-21-2006 11:13 AM

Im not sure but I think some of you have lost your marbles.;)

WatcherKid 01-21-2006 11:38 AM

kevin, glad to see you up! have a great time out there guys.

I got a futaba 3305 steering servo.. i put it in last night.. im dumb though.. i put the yellow steering link on before i centered the servo, and then i couldn't figure out why it was hitting the servo rack. then i figured it out, after looking at the book. that was a fun job!!! cant wait to run today.. see you all out there around 4!

slicks 01-21-2006 05:16 PM

lost my marbles.......no - most of mine were burned up at a party I went to....maybe you heard about it -- it was called the 70's!

WatcherKid 01-21-2006 06:47 PM

joel -- dont forget the charger please :)

wow im happy. the buggy was doing AWESOME untill Dave temped it.. it was running 312. it was doing too well! ill be out there tomorrow, hope to see you all there

slicks 01-21-2006 07:14 PM

Steven -- I have it out -- so I try not to forget it.

dockman2 01-21-2006 07:18 PM

Ive heard of it...but I was 5yrs old at the time so I missed it![&o]

ORIGINAL: slicks

lost my marbles.......no - most of mine were burned up at a party I went to....maybe you heard about it -- it was called the 70's!

WatcherKid 01-21-2006 07:42 PM

im looking for starter boxes.. pull starts SUCK.

http://ofna.com/images/st-sb-10248-big.jpg

hows that one? i think its like the one scott and allen have.. would that work for my buggy? its only 70 bucks w/ out the battery, with the battery and power panel, only 106 bucks.

dockman2 01-21-2006 08:50 PM

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAXU2&P=0

This is the box Scott and I have.

WatcherKid 01-21-2006 09:45 PM

not bad for 75 dollars.. but the wheel is wrong.. would that work for an 1/8th scale too?

Big-ED 01-21-2006 10:11 PM

YOU can move the wheel..

WatcherKid 01-22-2006 11:53 PM

wow the thread died.

we had a good turnout today.

ghostridar2002 01-23-2006 12:20 AM

What's up guys this is BJ I came up with randy I had the grey savage and nitro mt just wanted to say I had fun well until I broke but it was fun hope we can get up this weekend or something if the weather holds up. But since no is in the central section I came in here check you guys out.

slicks 01-23-2006 07:45 AM

BJ --- Hi -- this is Joel -- I was one of the guys not running anything yesterday. Glad to hear that you had a good time yesterday. We are always looking for new racers to join us for racing and fun. Let me know if you want to join our club. We are very loosely formed -- the annual fee is $25 and that allows you to race for $5 instead of $10. The money we collect goes towards track maintenance and if we have enough cash maybe a cook-out. The money we collect is for maintenance on both tracks (Wayne has one about 14 miles north of Scott's).

Hope to see out there.

Boola 01-23-2006 05:29 PM

Hey everyone this is Gentry. Just wanted to say I had a blast yesterday and thanks for having us. The track was awesome and look forward to running with you guys some more.

dockman2 01-23-2006 11:49 PM

Hey guys its Kevin. Glad you made the trip up, I just wish the weather had been better. Well at least the track was in good shape so you could get a feel for it. Hopefully you guys will come up when the weather is a little nicer so we can have an actual race. Either way we are still out there every weekend unless we are at Waynes track. If so we will post on here and we can give you a local weather update before you drive up. Anywho it was great to meet you guys and hope to hang out with you more. As Joel said we are pretty laid back, we love to race, but its all about hanging out and having fun.

slicks 01-24-2006 07:58 AM

Welcome aboard guys!!! It is always great to have new racers!

trackman 01-24-2006 08:13 AM

joel it looks like saturday will be the better day again.

slicks 01-24-2006 08:27 AM

Hey Scott --- yep as of this a.m. I agree Saturday does look like the day. Not sure if I can make it out to race or not. I wanted to finish painting the kitchen this week --- but last night when I started on the walls - she didn't like the color --- so I may get a free weekend in! We shall see............

Plus I have to finish Amanda's buggy -- need to rebuild the front shocks and then move on to the center diff ect.........

How did the track look after all the rain Sunday night and Monday a.m.?

trackman 01-24-2006 09:37 AM

i really havent had time to look yet. but you know me, it will be in good shape for the weekend
one way or another! i spent last night modding a mac motor. i made some big changes, ill wait till
this weekend to see how it is before i open up any more.