RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   Charlottesville Racers Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/2989523-charlottesville-racers-thread.html)

frognit 04-29-2006 07:29 PM

RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

directions, what are they i dont even know the way. [&:] i was gonna just roll down the windows and listen for waaaa waaaa waaaa waaaa [X(]

Firefighter7 04-29-2006 07:32 PM

The man has jokes;)

frognit 04-29-2006 07:33 PM

hey scott have you installed that jump on the back strect yet:D i cant wait to try my JITTER"S GPX . 21 Tommarow[:@] hopefully it will do ok

slicks 04-29-2006 07:52 PM

Rob -- yep , fuel, tools, parts, tires.....everything you need to run for the day including food and drink if you want (we don't provide food etc...). Oh BEER is always good too!

Don't forget that it cost $10 to race. Unless you want to join the club which is $25 and then it is only $5 to race. Plus with the club dues you get a REAL COOL t-shirt!!! We sell the shirts at $15 a piece -- so if you join the club and race with us only 2 times you break even.

I'll be there around noon, see you there.

Oh -- when you get there make sure you find Scott, Kevin or myself and ask about where it is ok to park.

Joel

frognit 04-29-2006 09:51 PM

no food WHAT ABOUT MY LOBSTER LUNCH????????????????????[:@]

macnkitty2002 04-30-2006 06:29 PM

so guys, how did the racing go?

slicks 04-30-2006 08:18 PM

Hey Mac --- the racing was GREAT! We only had 12 buggies - and it was good!

Have you sold that touring car yet? :D

frognit 04-30-2006 10:43 PM

Hey guys just loaded the pic's and WOW right about 450 pics from todays 9 hours of running, special thanks for all the fun today guys and we are looking forward to the next time(2 Weeks) the pics are awsome .

frognit 04-30-2006 11:27 PM

hey guys send me your email's to [email protected] and your name behind it and i will send you an email so you can go check out the photo's of todays racing along with any other photos i have which willl include Amhurst shoot out #1, powhatan's pics, c'ville 4-02-06 and today 4-30-o6 over 1000 photo's in all and boy today we got some HIGH FLYIN BUGGIES [>:]

SManMTB 05-01-2006 12:31 AM

Did you manage to use the CORR Gallery? Your account is activated and should work.

frognit 05-01-2006 01:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
YES BUT THIS WAY WHEN YOU EMAIL ME YOU CAN TELL ME WHICH SETS OF PICS YOU WANT TO LOOK AT AND I SEND YOU EMAIL FOR YOU TO CLICK ON THE LINK AND IT WILL TAKE YOU TO THE PICS YOU ASKED TO SEE
I CURRENTLY HAVE:
AMHURST SHOOT OUT #1 (315 PICS)
AMHURST 04-02-06 (144 PICS)
POWHATAN PIC'S (ALL) ( ABOUT 150 PICS)
C'VILLE 03-19-06 (33 PICS)
C'VILLE 04-30-06 (NEW DISTANCE AND HEIGHT RECORDS POSSIBLY SET) some high flyin action here (455 AWSOME PICS)

HERE IS A LITTLE TEASER FROM C'VILLE 04-30-06
SPECIAL THANKS TO SCOTT,KEVIN,ALLEN

fourwheels0 05-02-2006 08:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
i got my new toy last night. this thing is sweet!!!!!

frognit 05-02-2006 08:48 AM

it dont dooo no good sittin on a brench, (trust me i learned that from BASEBALL:eek:) get it in and lets have some fun!!!!![:@]

fourwheels0 05-02-2006 08:51 AM

it'll be in soon enough trust me. i'm still waiting for some other stuff to come in.

frognit 05-03-2006 01:42 PM

HEY SCOTT OR KEVIN GIVE ME A RING AT 804-218-0407 THANKS DARRYL

Firefighter7 05-06-2006 02:11 PM

Noob question..... What is the difference between teeth on clutch bells. lower the teeth? more teeth? Thanks for the help....

-Rob

slicks 05-06-2006 03:31 PM

Rob --- the lower number of teeth the more bottom end/torque your engine will have. Just the opposite for a greater number of teeth -- the larger the number the more top end you'll have.

I don't remember what engine you are running -- but if you have questions about which clutch bell to run make sure you post what engine you are running and also what pipe (i.e. stock, JP-1, JP-2 etc...) as the pipe also makes a difference as to how much bottom or top end you have too. The reason you need to post which engine you are running is that some engines have more bottom end than others just like some engines have more top end than bottom end.

Hope that this helps.

Firefighter7 05-06-2006 03:34 PM

Thanks for the reply. It's the Hyper MACH .28 with the stock PBS pipe. And now that we are the topic of pipes.....whats good and should I change my stock pipe?

frognit 05-06-2006 03:44 PM

rob i run the 2050 link http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBSS7&P=7 i also run that with the header set link http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBSS7&P=7 these are great but a little high, there are some great pipes like the jp1 or the jp2 i have a jp1 for sale on ebay right now, it all depends how deep you want to reach in your wallet but any pipe besides rtr(stock) will probably be a quite of an improvement also i have alot of items on ebay right now and if any of you guys are interested just shoot me an email my name under ebay is kdmsealcoating or call me at 218-0407 thanks darryl trackman, slicks , racenut44, and dockman are great people to talk to and they help you and give an honest opinion. enjoyed meeting you in c'ville last weekend shoot me an email and i will send you a link to the pictures, i think you are in some [8D]

slicks 05-06-2006 07:49 PM

Rob-- I am not familiar with that engine -- but I'll bet either Dave or Scott are. They would be your best source. I guess the next question is do you want more top end or bottom end? If the throttle is smooth through the power band (from low to high) then you might want to stay with the set-up you have until you get some more races under your belt.

The other thing you might want to do is let either Scott or Dave drive your buggy and have them walk you thru some questions about the engine and maybe they can help you come to a decision as to want you want/need. I think Dave drove and tuned your buggy last weekend = so I am sure he will be jumping on here soon.

good luck!

Super_Dave 05-07-2006 11:36 AM

ORIGINAL: Firefighter7

Thanks for the reply. It's the Hyper MACH .28 with the stock PBS pipe. And now that we are the topic of pipes.....whats good and should I change my stock pipe?
It seemed to be running fine to me when it was tuned right. It didn't have gobs of power but it was decent and you don't need that power yet anyway. I'd just stick with the stock pipe for now theres nothing wrong with it. If you do get a new pipe that is a bottom end engine so it would be best to get a bottom end pipe to match it. The JP-1 would be a good choice.

Firefighter7 05-07-2006 12:24 PM

Could you all tell me some good engines that you all run? I'm looking to buy a backup but I'm not sure what to get. I think the MACH 28 I have now is pretty desent but I would like yalls opinions. Thanks

frognit 05-07-2006 03:58 PM

if you want a .21 hyper .21 ,jp,novarossi, or the best bang i think for the money is the os.vzb .21 but i learned the hard way stay away from the high end engines until you get familier with tuning and working on the engines, if your is running then you aread of the ball game if you bought one it probably would not be a back up it would me your runner

Firefighter7 05-07-2006 04:50 PM

so a 8 port hyper .21 would be good?

frognit 05-07-2006 06:49 PM

yea rob steve runs them and he is very competetive, also holler at racenut44 and slicks they also have some low cost moters that are very very competative, i might have one for sale here in about 2 days when i get my new buggy