RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   Charlottesville Racers Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/2989523-charlottesville-racers-thread.html)

Firefighter7 05-09-2006 05:13 PM

RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

I ordered the Torque Starter OFNA P/ N 50624 and the backplate OFNA P / N 50634
for my Hyper 7 PBS MACH 28 I installed the backplate the only way it can be installed and when I tried to start the engine the Torque Starter it self spins the wrong way (counter clockwise) and to turn over the engine it needs to spin clockwise looking down at the engine from the side it sits on the car. Is there a way to change direction of the starter or what am I doing wrong? Thanks

frognit 05-09-2006 09:54 PM

use a drill but i believe you got the wrong starter you can take it apart and switch the motor wires inside and it will then reverse the direction and then work properly

Firefighter7 05-10-2006 08:18 AM

Nope its the right one I even confirmed with OFNA before I purchased it. I did switch the wires and it is rotating the right direction now. But with switching those wires will it fry the electric motor? It's just odd to me it is put together to rotate counterclockwise when its just the opposite to start the engine.......[&:]

slicks 05-10-2006 08:48 AM

Rob -- if you want to read up on the spektrum system -- go to Horizon Hobby they have a good section on it.

If you want to read up on the Hitec SRX you can go to Tower hobbies - becareful as you will not want the radio system with servo's --- you'll want the system w/o servo's.

As for ordering them -- most hobby shops carry this stuff or can get it for you if you want. Read up on the stuff so you know which mfg# to order. Like I said before - I know you live in Richmond -- not sure what the hobby shops are like there.

frognit 05-10-2006 10:28 AM

hey rob the starter will will work for many engines, like my collari. .32 is clockwise but there are other engines out there that are counter clockwise so you sometimes have to switch the wires around, those moters that are in thoses starters are made to go either way just have top do some rewiring, just like a starter box you can switch the wires and the motor goes the other way, most people use a drill to start clock wise engines have you found your spektrum unit yet sorry for bidding against you but i have a unit now so ebay is all your lol:D

macnkitty2002 05-10-2006 10:30 AM

check out the HobbyTown USA or Hobby Corner.

Firefighter7 05-10-2006 11:04 AM

LOL just put my new Spektrum unit in my buggy!!!!! How is lap times and laps going to be able to be counted with this system since we dont know what freq. it is on?

SManMTB 05-10-2006 11:14 AM

What are you talking about?

Firefighter7 05-10-2006 11:26 AM

When asked what freq. I am on before we start racing...... With the Spektrum radio how do I know what radio freq. I am useing?

Smokinjoe6450 05-10-2006 12:59 PM

Your radio frequency doesn't have anything to do with lap counting. Lap counting is either done manually or with transponders. The spektrum system just allows you to run your vehicle without worring about what anybody else is running.

Big Stampy 05-10-2006 01:00 PM

You can add lap timing/counting but that is an add-on to the Spektrum system.

Firefighter7 05-10-2006 01:01 PM

OK..... so how was my lap times couted the other weekend. I thought that was the reason I was asked for my radio freq. Sorry I'm being a newby but I'm just trying to understand......

trackman 05-10-2006 01:31 PM

we needed everyones frequency to make sure you were not in a heat with someone else
who is on your channel. things get broken up like that. we manually punched in laps
as each number crossed the line.

Smokinjoe6450 05-10-2006 01:31 PM

No problem. They wanted to know your frequency so they could put you in a group w/o frequency conflicts. If there are two people with the same frequency running in the same heat......somebody has to change. Did they give you a number to put on your buggy? If so, that is what they keyed in to count your laps.

Smokinjoe6450 05-10-2006 01:33 PM

Damn Scott.....you beat me to it by 6 seconds [:@]

trackman 05-10-2006 01:34 PM

and joe i thought you didnt pay attention!:D

Smokinjoe6450 05-10-2006 01:38 PM

attention to what??? [&:][&:][&:][&:]

Firefighter7 05-10-2006 01:44 PM

[X(][X(][X(] Well now I feel like a idiot!!!!!!!!! I thought some how the computer picked up the freq. as the buggies went by it and that is how the lap times / laps were counted!!!!!! I didnt realieze that it was done manually...... WOW I feel dumb. Sorry guys thats what you get for having a new guy around LOL:D

trackman 05-10-2006 01:47 PM

you are thinking of a transponder system. we are still waiting for joe to get that through the county!!:D

Smokinjoe6450 05-10-2006 01:52 PM

Scott: Trust me, I have dropped that in a few deaf ears lately. Kind of a catch-22. Need it for a big event. Need a big event before I can get it..........:eek:

Firefighter: You were kind of right. A transponder system picks up frequencies of the transponders to electronically count laps. If you don't have that, you slap a number on the side and key it in manually.

trackman 05-10-2006 02:16 PM

yeah its hard to justify that expense. if you had a track that you ran as a bussiness it
might be justifiable. its cheaper to keep the cooler full beside kevin!:D

buffmeadows 05-10-2006 02:44 PM

How much are these transponder systems?

I've heard as much as $3000 but I could have sworn I saw one on the net somewhere for $600

trackman 05-10-2006 02:57 PM

i believe somewhere between 3000 and 5000. i geuss it depends on what you get.

frognit 05-10-2006 03:38 PM

Scott is that they are, well heck you aught to have one installed by what THIS WEEKEND, hey everyone you hear that scott installing a lap counting system at his track, (no more red neck lap counting) so what is kevin gonna do, i have idea:D he can be our *&^%$#, bringing us beer :D lol

Firefighter7 05-10-2006 03:41 PM

I gotta work on Sunday[&o] So no racing for me this weekend:(