RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   Charlottesville Racers Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/2989523-charlottesville-racers-thread.html)

slicks 06-30-2005 01:46 PM

RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

Calm, Cool, Collective...........yep that seems to sum up just about everyone at the track [sm=sunsmiley.gif]

Supposed to be another very hot weekend....not looking forward to that. But I'll be out there on Sunday even if it is only for a short time. I sure wouldn't want to miss all of the compliments and kind words that are given to each other........oh wait that is church!

fourwheels0 06-30-2005 04:26 PM

trackman (aka new guy) should be here tuesday or wednesday i hope. sorry no kit for you to build. :( getting mbx comp. money's too tight for the kit right now.

ZRaceman01 06-30-2005 09:05 PM

Hey guys,
I just got the new Mammoth ST. So, I guess I win the bet Kevin? I have already put a Mach 26 on it. Dont know how it handles yet, have not driven it. I got the motor from my other Mammoth. Wont be here this weekend or next weekend, going on vacation at the Beaches of NC. Going to try the Mammoth in the sand. Anyone done this before and messed up anything?

See ya and holla back.
[8D]

dockman2 06-30-2005 10:05 PM

Well little Z I was going to surprise you and not mention the ST. I was just going to show up with it to show you. You should have left the stock motor in it. It runs well and its made by the same people that make the Mack.26. Running in sand is fine as long as when you get back you take the truck COMPLETELY apart and clean everything. Not much fun.

Joel it is supposed to be in the mid 80's but the humidity is supposed to drop so it wont be as bad. I want to see the show as well. I guess it is 4th of July weekend so we can expect fireworks. I guess with all of little stampy's trash talk he has some people gunning for him. It could be interesting.[sm=punching.gif]

SManMTB 06-30-2005 10:33 PM

I might have to show up then.

dockman2 06-30-2005 10:46 PM

"Calm, Cool, Collective...........yep that seems to sum up just about everyone at the track"

See, Joel has the right idea!

Enhance Your Calm John Spartan!

Super_Dave 06-30-2005 11:00 PM

Well I didn't plan on doing any trash talking because now that I know for the most part how fast I can go I'd rather let the driving speak for me. Sense everyone seems to be expecting trash talk from me here it is. :D

ORIGINAL: trackman

last week i give
this week i take
scott
Well I plan on taking the win Scott. Haha I don't really you were still faster then I was last weekend you were just to kind and I didn't leave the door open for a pass. If you take I'm gunna try to take more back and even though I can't say I'll even be right on you the whole race I'll give it my best to push you.

I also have reserved a 777 when they come in :-D.

If anyone has a 2WD stadium truck it would be fun to start racing those as well I just got a reciver for my JR XS3 so I can run mine again.

dockman2 06-30-2005 11:19 PM

The start is what cost Scott the race. He got clipped pretty bad and wound up in the back of the pack. He did a good job of passing everyone and working his way back to the front. Little S I have to give you credit because you were on your game and didnt mess up to give him a chance to take the lead. Plus Scott wasnt going to race dirty to win. Now if you piss him off he may not be so forgiving. It was a great race, probably the best we have had so far. Hopefully I will be able to get in the mix as well. In fact we have several people that should be right up there to make it even closer racing. If we can get Amanda to be more aggressive she would be one and if we could get Eddie to concentrate on racing one buggy he would be another. Chris is also right there and Joel is only a buggy away. Then there is Bill/Rodney............................................ .... well... someone has to run the computer!;)

Alpharaptor 06-30-2005 11:51 PM

Well all, I've decided to grab one of those MP777s friday. (Wow seems like half of us are getting one of these friday...lol)

Now that I'm armed with an updated buggy, watch out. :):)

....but I'm still gonna have a dated engine, so well see how it goes hehe.

Anyway, I might make it out there on Sunday, but I still have a lot of work left to do on my Axis. This week has been so freaking busy. [>:] I'll try my darndist to be ready...

trackman 07-01-2005 06:59 AM

Dave i know your in summer school . sunday will be your next exam.
maybe ill find out if i have taught you something.

sounds like everyone is going with the big K.

trackman 07-01-2005 07:19 AM

Kevin got a question for you. would you be interested in red alert gallons?
20 bucks per gallon!

slicks 07-01-2005 08:18 AM

TrackMan --- what is the condition of the track? We got another rain storm here last night - did you guys get hit up in your area?

trackman 07-01-2005 08:25 AM

JOEL WE GOT A 5MIN SHOWER. IM HOPING FOR MORE RAIN THIS EVENING.
TRACK IS STILL FAIRLY DRY. BUT IT SHOULD BE BETTER THAN LAST WEEKEND.

dockman2 07-01-2005 08:30 AM

Scott I dont like using gallons. Just to much exposure to air and soaking up moisture, especially as humid as it is this time of year. The price sounds good but Im going to stick with quarts.

Joel it has to be better. The new end of the track needed some rain bad. I know it rained at Scotts last night because the road was still wet there when I drove home last night.

Big Stampy 07-01-2005 08:31 AM

Stampy's sells XTM....[sm=thumbup.gif]

slicks 07-01-2005 09:35 AM

We sure did need the rain -- hey - I have been playing around with some track lay-out ideas that would bring the back straightaway and a nive technical section - I'll try to remember to bring them on Sunday. Just my 2 cents worth is all...........

yeah, I hope we get more rain tonight too. That will make the track even better for Sunday. I am bringing plenty of water with me this time - I'll do my best to stay the entire time.

OH Yeah -- I fixed my starter box - so that shouldn't be an issue this weekend. I am sure I'll need some "expert" help in tuning my engine if I end up putting that OS carb on it - so I can eliminate that problem too!

Big Stampy 07-01-2005 12:02 PM

The MP777s are here! First come first served. BTW, we also got 4 Revos, 2 T-Maxx's, 2 Savages and the is 1 Mammoth ST left. Just thought you should know.

slicks 07-01-2005 12:49 PM

I hope that you are holding one of those bad boys for me :D

Not sure - but may be buying 2 as Amanda hasn't decided if she wants one for her Birthday or not.

Big Stampy 07-01-2005 12:54 PM

Oh, did YOU want one????[X(] Geez, I dunno.

slicks 07-01-2005 12:59 PM

oh - you are correct -- I can always get one someplace else ;)[sm=lol.gif]

Big Stampy 07-01-2005 01:12 PM

OUCCHHHHH! Here's a cut and paste for anyone wanting a good life. Sean Connery is hillarious. http://www.killsometime.com/video/vi...brity-Jeopardy

SManMTB 07-01-2005 01:23 PM

Are you selling them for <$300? :D

Big Stampy 07-01-2005 01:25 PM

Lessssssss

fourwheels0 07-01-2005 01:27 PM

no big k here. i'll stick with ofna til i graduate. i haven't even enrolled in school yet. (ordered the mbx comp this morning) all i have to do now is learn learn learn!!!!!. i hope it's not like high school. should be real interesting.

SManMTB 07-01-2005 01:28 PM

Aha, less than Tower @ $270 - rebate?