RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   Charlottesville Racers Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/2989523-charlottesville-racers-thread.html)

Big Stampy 07-01-2005 01:29 PM

RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

Tower is 279.99 minus the rebate. That is the price I am selling them for. 254.99

SManMTB 07-01-2005 01:33 PM

[sm=thumbup.gif]

I'll be in today to pick up some spares.

trackman 07-01-2005 03:34 PM

Hey chris its kinda funny you get me driving kyosho and then everybody wants one.
and yes ive already bought a backup 777.

scott

SManMTB 07-01-2005 04:11 PM

LOL!
:D

I remember hearing words like 'I would never spend that kind of money for a Kyosho.... bla bla bla.....' :D:D:D
Now it's selling for $255.

Big Stampy 07-01-2005 04:21 PM

There are currently 3 left in stock. I am attempting to order more.

Alpharaptor 07-01-2005 05:37 PM

Hehe, got the first one! Stopped by and picked it up around 2pm :D

SManMTB 07-01-2005 06:22 PM

Somehow there are only 2 left now.....:D

slicks 07-01-2005 06:23 PM

I know that Bill and I each picked one up and Lil Stampy got one..... who else got one? Was it big Mike?

Good deal - thanks Stampy!

SManMTB 07-01-2005 06:26 PM

All my spares came in a big black box.:D

Big Stampy 07-01-2005 06:27 PM

Bill, Joel, Matt, Chris, Dave, and Wayne have picked them up so far. Thanks to everyone for their business. :D:D:D I have been told Mr. 503 wants one too.

slicks 07-01-2005 06:34 PM

wow Christian -- you got another one? And after you just got an SP1? Sounds like you have joined the buggy race with Kevin and Scott :D

Well - I think that I might put the diffs and shocks together tonight. I am going to go 3K, 7K, 3K on the diffs (frnt, mid, rear). Not sure what I am going to do with the shocks - I didn't like how my ofna handled with 50 frnt and 40 in the back. Scott or Christian you got any hands on input on the shock oil. A couple of weeks back Kevin and I talked about the shock oil and we both wondered if the 50/40 combo was a bit much for Scotts track as there is really the one big jump and the rest is where you need to really absorb the small stuff - which if you have the wrong set-up can kill you. I probably won't have the 777 up and running for a week or two anyway - so plenty of time to think that through.

Hey Scott -- you up to painting a body for me? I have the paint and some masking - what I want is not very detailed - 3 colors and straight lines. Let me know.

ZRaceman01 07-01-2005 06:43 PM

Kevin I am going to start driving the Hyper PCR Pro because the Jammin will not run for five on the new track. the Mammoth ST will have a SportWorks on it. blame my dad.

I will not be there for 2 weeks[peace at last]

later
Eddie

SManMTB 07-01-2005 06:44 PM

I was going to get spares but It's hard to pass up a deal like this. Body, wheels, wing, suspension arms, hingepins, front Universals and C hubs are easily $150 alone. Why not get ALL the parts for $100 more? :D

I run 40wt/35wt Fr/R in the shocks. It just floats over the bumps.

slicks 07-01-2005 07:24 PM

Just got off of the phone with Scott -- he runs the 50/40 combo in his shocks. Sounds like the holes in the pistons on the Kyosho are larger than those of the Ofna. Well - I'll just have to choose one as a base setting and go from there.

Hey Christian -- when you stock up on parts you really do it right!!!

SManMTB 07-01-2005 10:36 PM

If my CC was human, I'd be charged with murder.

Super_Dave 07-01-2005 10:50 PM

Haha Chris.

Yeah I got mine and chances are I wont be using it as Scotts atleast often I want it to be strickly my sponcored race buggy (for races at amherst and the tiltyard) but of corse it would be to tempting not to run it at Scotts. I couldn't pass up the price like pretty much everyone else.

I have a tough choice on shock oil... Are the stock springs stiffer or harder then the kyosho blue springs?

SManMTB 07-01-2005 11:03 PM

No idea about the springs. The shocks doesn't look bad. I'll build them with 45 or 50 wt to have something to test.

What's the point in having a 'sponsored' car which you don't run? That's supposed to be the car you perform best with.

dockman2 07-02-2005 12:46 AM

Sponsored??? OooohK!
Hey If I break in a couple of motors can I get sponsored to? Wait Ive already done that.:eek:

Chris I told you I would sell you the 777 I have for parts. I guess I will just build it and set it up then sell it. Maybe do a combo package, motor, servos, radio etc. Basically a home built RTR.

SManMTB 07-02-2005 12:51 AM

I just couldn't help myself Kevin.

dockman2 07-02-2005 01:03 AM

Hey thats cool. Honestly I only bought it to sell to someone new so they could get a good buggy for cheap. Im not trying to make any money on it. I wish Mike could of held out a little longer and I could have set him up. Im sure someone will want it.

By the way Tower is out of them. You can still get the SP1 but the regular 777's are gone.

SManMTB 07-02-2005 02:16 AM

I just did a quick comparison between the SP1 and regular 777. Is the SP1 worth it?..... well let's see.

Chassie:
The SP1 chassie is hard anodized other wise identical I think

Shock towers:
SP1 towers are 7075 alu with more adjustmet holes. Standard is 6061. SP1 towers can be found on eBay for ~$20.

Shocks:
The housing is blue anodized with molded pistons and slightly harder springs on the standard setup. SP1 shocks are teflon coated with machined pistons and comes with preload kit. Is it worth an upgrade? Maybe the springs and pistons. I like to see if the XB8 pistons fit.
The standard shocks will be a good compliment in the spare parts box.

Drive axels:
SP1 has universals all around while the Standard has universals in the front only. Is it wort the upgrade? I have no idea really. Center/Rear universals can be had on eBay for $70 - $80

Diffs:
SP1 has a TCD diff in the front, works kind of like a Torsen but are definately not the same. Center gear is lighter on the SP1. All oils come with the SP1.The Standard has normal diffs all around with no oil supplied.

Suspension arms and adjustment:
Arms are the same of course but the SP1 comes with turnbuckles for easy adjustment of camber/toe in. SP1 comes with 3 deg toe-in in the rear. Standard has 2.5 deg (need to double check). It will be a good compliment to the SP1 kit.
SP1 comes with an additional 20 deg hub carrier worth $15.

Servo plate/stays:
I think the plate is the same but the mounts are plastic in the Standard. Boooooo! Alu stays can be had for $8.

Brakes:
SP1 has a machined disk brakes, the rest is the same.

Engine mounts:
SP1 has lighter and lower mounts. Probably does not a huge difference.

The rest of the parts look like they are identical between the 2 kits. I am not sure which is the better deal.
The Standard kit + $20 (towers) + $28 (rear univ.) + $33 (center univ.) + $8 (alu servo stays) + $15 (turn buckles) + $20 (soft springs) + $30 (diff oils) , a $155 upgrade will give you almost a SP1.
Is it necessary to upgrade? Probably not but if you are considering doing upgrades I think the SP1 is well worth the $200 more.

dockman2 07-02-2005 09:24 AM

I smell Fish!

Bill must be here.

fourwheels0 07-02-2005 08:02 PM

ok it's 9pm do you know where your rc is. yes it's being delivered. your's most likely being tuned up for the big race tomorrow. rest up all it's gonna be a long day. see ya[sm=punching.gif]

Big Stampy 07-02-2005 08:06 PM

We are OUT of MP777's. :D:D:D But more are coming! So are SP1's.

Super_Dave 07-03-2005 01:00 AM

ORIGINAL: SManMTB

What's the point in having a 'sponsored' car which you don't run? That's supposed to be the car you perform best with.
Its not a sponsored buggy its a buggy I will have specifically to use for the payed events that I go to mainly to get the best position I can (like events that Stampy will sponsore at Amhurst and I would like to do a few races at the tiltyard). This is mainly because I want it to be built as close as I can to how the factory guys have them built. High dollar racing engine and lots and lots of testing and tuning to go as fast as I can and though a motor for the most part has nothing to do with running fast at Scotts I don't want to even risk turning racing there into a spending contest. Even though I have a title to try and hold now Its still mostly for the fun at Scotts. I'm just gunna build it for fun right now and leave it on the shelf for the winter and once the season starts coming around again I'll decide whether I want to put a $400 RB Concept WS7II on it or a Sport Werks .26. Its going to be to temping to run it at Scotts with it so I know I'm going to end up doing it once and a while but my friend Jesse also needs a buggy to drive so I'll let him drive the Hyper.