RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   Charlottesville Racers Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/2989523-charlottesville-racers-thread.html)

dockman2 07-03-2005 01:56 AM

RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

"Even though I have a title to try and hold now "[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

Did I miss something? (and I was there)

Big Stampy 07-03-2005 09:11 AM

Baseball is my life. It's all about the flight trajectory.

slicks 07-03-2005 09:44 PM

good day today --- The track was in much better shape than last week - and I had more fun running it today.

Well - Amanda loved Scott's buggy!! :) She still doesn't know if she wants one for her Birthday -- although she did make the comment that if everyone is running a better buggy she is going to need to upgrade to one herself! I guess she'll let me know tomorrow.

Well --- as Wayne would say.....It's Only Money!

fourwheels0 07-04-2005 09:16 AM

sound's like you will be going to the hobby shop in the near future.:D

trackman 07-04-2005 10:13 AM

Hey Joel not real sure about your body being painted today . I think i had way to many dont remenber
coming in last night. I just wish that guy would stop hitting me in the head with that bat
I think everyone had a good time. Even stampy enjoyed being away from the store
for a change.Another 3-4 weeks/years he will be right there.
Maybe jr can teach him everything he knows.

letting Amanda drive my buggy may have been a bad idea. Everyone agreed she looked
awesome! the more she drove the more agressive she got.
man she drove good!!!!

scott
the titleless one.hahaha

SManMTB 07-04-2005 10:43 AM

I'm in for next week. Don't know which buggy to use......:D

slicks 07-04-2005 06:24 PM

Scott -- just read your message --- I know that you were working of the buggy body today -- didn't realize that you had a hang over -- or is it an over hang? Either way I appreciate your working on painting the body.

Christian --- shoot just bring them all with you - but don't be surprised if we get you mixed up with Wayne and his truck load of 100 buggies :D. So - how did the Spec 1 go together? What engine did you put in it?

SManMTB 07-04-2005 06:38 PM

It was already built. I just broke down the key parts and checked everything. I'll but the MAC in it.

trackman 07-04-2005 07:25 PM

Hey Joel the body is done.the headache is gone. still feel like death warmed over.
i am now officially on the wagon.
until next weekend anyway.
did you find those parts?

still the king

paperclipracer 07-04-2005 07:51 PM

hye i live in richmond where is the track in charlottesville? oh and you guys should come by hobbytown usa thats where i work and we have everything

SManMTB 07-04-2005 10:12 PM

Just north of the Airport, west of 29.

Do you have a track at the shop?

trackman 07-05-2005 07:13 AM

29N 1 MILE PAST AIRPORT RD ON LEFT . CYPRESS DR . TRACK IS ON RIGHT AT 2ND SPEEP BUMP.
TRACK IS ABOUT 150 BY 60.

Big Stampy 07-05-2005 07:49 AM

You don't have Stampy [8D]

Big Stampy 07-05-2005 08:16 AM

My post was meant for paperclipracer and it was just teasing. Stampy is technically challenged. I have a wood burning puter. [sm=bananahead.gif]

slicks 07-05-2005 09:51 AM

Scott -- no I never did find that missing 5 X 20 mm set screw - but the 5 x 30 I got at Stampy's worked great. Except for the shocks to be built and putting on the engine - the buggy is complete! I'll probably stop by the shop tomorrow night as I do have a set up question on the front end. Hey - thanks for painting the body - had I known you were feeling so bad I would have told you to let it go. But I do appreciate it -- so how did it turn out?

Christian -- Scott let me drive his Kyosho with the MAC in it 2 weekends back and man that is a nice engine! Amanda drove it this past weekend (Sunday) and she really did very well with it!

trackman 07-05-2005 10:17 AM

joel it looks ok.ive yet to paint a body that im really happy with.im my own worst critic.
the lines are clean and bright it is.i think you will like it.
so have you ordered one for amanda yet?
chris has gone from being the needle in the hay stack to just part of the haystack.
i might get the pcr out just to see how it does against everyone now.

SManMTB 07-05-2005 10:43 AM

Damn, I have to sell all my Kyosho stuff and get a Mugen now instead. ;)

The MAC is nice but I have problems with the mid range needle. I think it's to rich because the engine clears out fine, then bogs down and then clears out on the top again.
There are instructions how to set this needle on the CMD site. It says to remove the HSN, set the mid range flush with housing and then turn it until the the hole inside line up with the hole for the HSN assembly but it does not say which way to turn. I turned mine out but I think it should be turned in. That would make the mid range a bit leaner.

If I can't get it tuned I'll get a OS carb, not the 20E but the 21B, 20L or 20K (bigger opening than the 20E). I think the 21B would be great.

slicks 07-05-2005 10:57 AM

Well -- I have bad news and I have bad news ----

Amanda wants a Kyosho buggy! The bad news is that she wants one and I have to pay for it, the other bad news is that she will be out there kicking butt with it. Now for me, she always beat me anyways - but the rest of you had better watch out! I couldn't believe how well she did with Scotts buggy on Sunday and that was the first time she ran on the new lay-out and it was only her 3rd tank of the day!!! :D Now I need to figure out what to do with all of the OFNA stuff.

So off to the Hobby Shop I go -- I believe that Stampy's next shipment hits town on Thursday ( a Kyosoho shipment that is!).

I think that we should send a letter to Kyosho America and show them all of us with our Kyosho's out at the track - maybe they could feature us in a display or give us free stuff! Stampy - I recall where you once referred to yourself as a "snake charmer" -- well here is a real chance for you to work your voodoo on them! You know... in your free time [sm=lol.gif]

I am serious about us all getting our buggies together and taking a picture and sending it to them - you never know! So if you bought a Kyosho - and it isn't put together yet -- GET BUSY!

Scott - your paint jobs always look great - thanks again, I really appreciate it!

Big Stampy 07-05-2005 11:03 AM

Anheuser Busch called and they're offering to lay a direct pipeline to Cypress Dr. Apparently we caused a shortage over the weekend.

slicks 07-05-2005 11:11 AM

none for me thanks -- I can't drink beer in that heat anymore. Boy oh Boy, the crap you have to put up with when you hit 50!

I guess the alternatives suck though - so I'll take the easy road and stick to GatorAide until it cools down......uh that would be September............oh man!

trackman 07-05-2005 12:07 PM

CHRIS IVE GOT MY MID JUST A LITTLE IN FROM FLUSH. LIKE IT SAID I TOOK THE H.P.NEEDLE OUT TO LINE
UP THE HOLE AND SO FAR ITS BEEN GREAT.

SManMTB 07-05-2005 12:11 PM

ORIGINAL: trackman

CHRIS IVE GOT MY MID JUST A LITTLE IN FROM FLUSH. LIKE IT SAID I TOOK THE H.P.NEEDLE OUT TO LINE
UP THE HOLE AND SO FAR ITS BEEN GREAT.
That's what I did too but mine a little out from flush.

trackman 07-05-2005 01:56 PM

GET THE NEEDLE FLUSH THEN TURN IN TO LINE UP HOLE.
MID IS JUST A LITTLE RICH. I ALSO HAD TO LEAN THE BOTTOM A BIT
TO CLEAR IT OUT . NOW IT RUNS GREAT.
IF YOU WANT I CAN HELP THIS WEEKEND. IT WONT TAKE LONG.
BUT YEAH THE MID NEEDS TO BE LEANED OUT A BIT.

SManMTB 07-05-2005 02:20 PM

Just what I thought. Time to fix the problem tonight then. :)

Big Stampy 07-05-2005 02:48 PM

The MAC's are coming! The MAC 21's should be in the store by the weekend. Who's your MAC Daddy?[X(]