RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   Charlottesville Racers Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/2989523-charlottesville-racers-thread.html)

Big Stampy 07-05-2005 03:02 PM

RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

Very important update on MAC 21. Andy just emailed back to say they are out of the MAC 21 and will not have any more. But they are working on a replacement and will have it soon.

SManMTB 07-05-2005 03:18 PM

... and it will NOT be $159. More likely $330+ as these used to sell for. They are coming out with a new model.

I won't complain if you are able to sell the new ones for $159. :D
It's very unlikely I will spend $300+ on an engine anytime soon, if ever.

paperclipracer 07-05-2005 10:43 PM

we will have a on road track, still thinking about a off road track

SManMTB 07-05-2005 11:15 PM

ORIGINAL: paperclipracer

we will have a on road track, still thinking about a off road track
If you build an off-road track I'll come. [8D]

slicks 07-06-2005 06:29 AM

yep - an hour isn't too far to drive for an off-road race. There is probably a couple of us that would be willing to make that trip.

ZRaceman01 07-06-2005 09:54 AM

hey I am on the beach and missing racing so I will be home tuesday.

scott, have you heard from my dad and my new Mammoth ST.

later Eddie

slicks 07-06-2005 11:31 AM

Are you nuts? You are on the beach and miss racing so you are comming home early? Is that correct?

slicks 07-06-2005 06:36 PM

HEY --- where is everybody? Is everyone off building thier 777s? I have to hurry up and finish mine tonight (I hope) because we pick one up for Amanda tomorrow night (Thursday).

In a couple of weeks I think we will have to re-name Scott's track to KYOSHO LAND :D

fourwheels0 07-06-2005 09:33 PM

hey slicks got my buggy today. it look's like i am the only one that doesn't have a kyosho. but i guess i'll let you guy's go through the good and the bad with them first. hahaha. hopefully everything will go WELL with break in tomorrow. see ya this weekend mike[sm=biggrin.gif]

Alpharaptor 07-06-2005 10:43 PM

ORIGINAL: slicks

HEY --- where is everybody? Is everyone off building thier 777s? I have to hurry up and finish mine tonight (I hope) because we pick one up for Amanda tomorrow night (Thursday).

In a couple of weeks I think we will have to re-name Scott's track to KYOSHO LAND :D
Yup, I've been busy building my 777 and other...things. But wow, of course I'm not surprised, but this thing is light years ahead in design and quality than the Axis. The only thing I wish they would trash is those darned e-clips! Right now I'm fixin my engine and getting it ready for installation. So far, the clutch, engine, and one-way bearing seem ok. When the cord was ripped out of the casing however, the spring was twisted and bent out of position. Due to the fact the wheel wasn't able to rotate in either direction, this could have screwed something up. I believe once the Torq engine hits a certain RPM it disengages from the pull start assembly. In this way the Torq doesn’t have to drag the pull start along the entire RPM range. Works a little different than any other pull start engine. Anyway, I think this is why it kept stalling whenever I let off the gas or hit the breaks. Once the pull start engaged, bam...clink...stall. I was able to bend the spring back into shape, so I should be back in business.

Anyway, I’ve masking and spraying the car body all day as well. I bought some of that angle color changing spray paint, pretty weird stuff... Hope it turns out OK!

Edit: Oh yea, as far as shock oil, is 50ft and 40bk still a good configuration for the 777?

SManMTB 07-06-2005 11:39 PM

I run 40 fr 35 rear on the 7.5.

slicks 07-07-2005 06:58 AM

Hey Alpha --- I know that Scott runs the 50 frnt and 40 rear in his 777 and you can see what Christian runs in his -- I built my shocks last night but will fill them tonight - not sure what oil I'll use in mine. I talked with Scott and told him that I didn't like the 50/40 combo in my ofna - he told me that he thought that the holes in the pistons on the Kyosho are a bit bigger than the ofna so they work very well with the 50/40 combo.

I have watched both Christians and Scotts buggies and they both run very well over the bumps and jumps.....so I am not sure what combo I'll be using either. I have been thinking of going 45 all around. Oh - well I still have 8 hrs to make up my mind!

trackman 07-07-2005 11:39 AM

Hey Joel i still have to work once in a while. trying to save up money for a new buggy.
cant say what it is . its classified information. but it will be different.
im planning on running the PCR this weekend if the track survives the storm.

Big Stampy 07-07-2005 11:41 AM

Another load of MP777's just arrived....

slicks 07-07-2005 11:53 AM

Hey Mike - glad to hear that your buggie showed up - looking forward to seeing it run.

Scott -- man the weather just doesn't look good today does it? I know we need rain - but to get it all at once is a bit much! Looks like it will be you and Mike with the Ofna's -- if it is not too hot on Sunday I'll be running but it will be my ofna - I think that I'll wait until Amanda has her new buggy ready to go before I run my 777 - although I do have to break in that engne I bought from you.

Classified huh? I had a fairly high security clearance when I was in the Navy - so you can tell me! :D I'll be in the store tonight to pick up Amanda's buggy and a few other things I need. I do have a question on the way the front end went together on the 777 - I may bring mine with me so you can take a look at it - hope that that is OK. Shouldn't take more than 5 minutes.

hhhmmm.........either you are buying that Mugen off of Wayne -or- you are getting that new Thunder Tiger???? The TT would be different!! Is that it?

Alpharaptor 07-07-2005 11:56 AM

...........darn flywheel

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3144738/tm.htm

[:@] [&:][:'(]

slicks 07-07-2005 12:03 PM

Matt -- I just replied to your question at the other thread.

trackman 07-08-2005 07:50 AM

HEY EVERYONE HAD A GOOD RAIN THE TRACK LOOKS GREAT.
DUST SHOULD NOT BE A PROBLEM SUNDAY.
SEE YOU THEN.

slicks 07-08-2005 09:02 AM

That is good news!

I think that I am going to switch all of the electronics over to the Kyosho and just do a new engine break-in on Sunday. It looks like it is supposed to be a very hot day. Which for me means I have to keep my outside time shorter than normal.

Thanks again for the great paint job on the new 777 body - it looks cool!

SManMTB 07-08-2005 09:04 AM

:D[sm=thumbup.gif]

trackman 07-08-2005 09:36 AM

CHRIS DOES THAT MEAN YOUR RUNNING?
LOOKS LIKE SOME COMPETITION FOR YOU WILL BE THERE.
HOPEFULLY KEVIN WILL BE RUNNING TOO. I HAVENT TALKED TO HIM.

SManMTB 07-08-2005 10:03 AM

Yes I'm there. I look forward to see the new layout.
Hopefully I can bring both buggies. The K3 is really worn. Major slop in the front end [:o], but it still runs good.
Any problems showing up on Saturday?

trackman 07-08-2005 10:36 AM

SAT. IS FINE .THAT WILL PROBABLY BE A TEST DAY FOR KEVIN AND MYSELF.
THAT WILL GIVE YOU A CHANCE TO TUNE WITHOUT A LOT OF PEOPLE ON TRACK.

SEE YOU SAT.

fourwheels0 07-08-2005 12:08 PM

alright guy's the buggy is broken in. everything went real smooth:D hey scott do you mind if i stop by on saturday. i NEED driving lesson's. hahaha. no well maybe i just need some track time. see ya mike

octospider0 07-08-2005 01:26 PM

Kyosho parts place, plus hopups

[link=http://www.nitrofactory.com/store/index.php?main_page=index]nitrofactory[/link]