RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   Charlottesville Racers Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/2989523-charlottesville-racers-thread.html)

Big Stampy 07-08-2005 01:37 PM

RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

Beware their "discounts". They are showing a discounted price on the mini-Inferno of 229.99 while the rest of the free world is selling them for 184.99.

SManMTB 07-08-2005 01:47 PM

Good to know. [8D]

(That nitro factory have parts)

trackman 07-08-2005 01:57 PM

JUST WHAT I NEED BILL SOMEPLACE ELSE TO SPEND MONEY.

Big Stampy 07-08-2005 04:19 PM

Two more MP777s have been delivered today. Also sold two Sirio Kanai WCR engines. [sm=tongue.gif]
BTW, the first load of Kyosho parts came in todat and two more boxes will be in on Monday. In fact, we'll probably get Kyosho stuff about every day next week.

slicks 07-08-2005 06:36 PM

glad to hear that you are bringing in the Kyosho parts Stampy

SManMTB 07-08-2005 11:02 PM

I'm behind schedule. I'll try to be out Sat afternoon.
Good to see you got Kyosho parts in stock now, not that I need any 777 parts anytime soon but maybe a few K3 parts.

slicks 07-09-2005 11:14 PM

well -- I hope to be out at Scott's tomorrow...uh I mean today (Sunday).....

All I have to do now is charge the batt's and put on the fuel line.....I think.....I am too tired to think about it anymore! OH -- I hate the throttle linkage on this thing.

See y'all later on today.

slicks 07-10-2005 08:02 PM

:D Well - even though breaking in my new engine proved to be a bit problematic today - I still had fun. Thanks Kevin and Scott for your help today and Christian too!

Scott - I just went back to my shop and put the body on the buggy and man-oh-man that body looks good! Thanks again!! Have fun at the beach.

Alpharaptor 07-10-2005 11:34 PM

ORIGINAL: slicks

OH -- I hate the throttle linkage on this thing.

Really? I mean, I dunno how the linkages are on the ofnas, but compaired to my old Axis, perfecting the linkages is a peace of cake on the 777. This is probably the first time I've been happy with the breaks on my car. Now I'll be in total control next weekend. [8D]

Super_Dave 07-10-2005 11:40 PM

ORIGINAL: fourwheels0

alright guy's the buggy is broken in. everything went real smooth:D hey scott do you mind if i stop by on saturday. i NEED driving lesson's. hahaha. no well maybe i just need some track time. see ya mike
We sell skill in a bottle at Stampy's Mike :D.

I love my kyosho and nevermind the plans to keep it as my serious race buggy. Its just so smooth and easy to drive :) I don't see myself ever driving the ofna again. I forgot how much power a new motor makes [8D] running with that re-sleeved mach .26 today was a real nice change from last weekend especially with it being in the MP777.

trackman 07-11-2005 07:29 AM

SORRY TO BREAK THE NEWS TO YOU MATT BUT NO RACING THIS WEEKEND.
I WILL BE AT THE BEACH. WE WILL BE RACING ON THE 23RD AND 24TH.
FOUR DAYS AND COUNTING . I CANT WAIT TO GET THE HELL
OUTA HERE!!!!

Big Stampy 07-11-2005 07:37 AM

Sorry to all that I had to duck out early yesterday. I had a heat stroke about 20 years ago and it really snuck up on me yesterday (couldn't have been the beer). Got home and had a hard time cooling off. Slept the clock around.

trackman 07-11-2005 07:56 AM

YEAH IT WAS HOT YESTERDAY WE COULD TELL YOU WERENT FEELING GOOD.
HOPE YOUR BETTER TODAY. EVERYONE APPRECIATED THE PIZZA. THANKS.
I THINK EVERYONE IS GONNA LOVE THEIR KYOSHO.
DAVE IS ACTING LIKE A LITTLE KID WITH A NEW TOY. ALL SMILES

slicks 07-11-2005 08:40 AM

Hey Stampy -- I completly understand! That is why I stay in the shade and drink plenty of GatorAid. It was very hot yesterday and thanks for the Pizza!

Alpharaptor 07-11-2005 08:41 AM

ORIGINAL: trackman

SORRY TO BREAK THE NEWS TO YOU MATT BUT NO RACING THIS WEEKEND.
I WILL BE AT THE BEACH. WE WILL BE RACING ON THE 23RD AND 24TH.
FOUR DAYS AND COUNTING . I CANT WAIT TO GET THE HELL
OUTA HERE!!!!
Darn well, have fun at the beach then!

Can we race at the new track instead this weekend?

fourwheels0 07-11-2005 09:44 AM

skill in a bottle? captian morgan is all i use. and last time i checked you didn't sell it. [sm=bananahead.gif]

slicks 07-11-2005 11:29 AM

Ahhh Captain Morgan --- I really like Dark and Stormy drinks with the Captain!

Matt - not sure what the status of the track at Wayne's is --- he has his own consturction company and has been putting in a lot of hours at work the past month --- Keep a look here incase anything developes for that possibility.

Super_Dave 07-11-2005 11:10 PM

ORIGINAL: fourwheels0

skill in a bottle? captian morgan is all i use. and last time i checked you didn't sell it. [sm=bananahead.gif]
I would say something to that but people would take it the wrong way :-p

Hey man this MP777 is a new toys theres so much potential it has I'll be playing with it all the time now (looking at it)... I just can't make any changes unless I'm at the track :(.

I don't think Wayne cares if you run on his track at all even if he isn't there. There might be some grass in some areas but its gotta be runable.

Alpharaptor 07-11-2005 11:34 PM

Quick question...

This is the first time I've had a sway bar on my buggy, what are the best SB settings to use at the track?

slicks 07-12-2005 06:43 AM

Matt - not sure I understand your question -- give me a call tonight if you want.

Joel

Alpharaptor 07-12-2005 09:27 AM

Hey all, what do you think of this starter box?: [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXRS98&P=R]Link to Tower[/link]

It looks identical to [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHAR1&P=R]THIS[/link] one, the one Kevin recommended, only without all the bells and whistles and $40 less.

fourwheels0 07-12-2005 09:50 AM

oh come on just say it. it's all in fun anyway. see ya

SManMTB 07-12-2005 10:01 AM

ORIGINAL: Alpharaptor

Hey all, what do you think of this starter box?: [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXRS98&P=R]Link to Tower[/link]

It looks identical to [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHAR1&P=R]THIS[/link] one, the one Kevin recommended, only without all the bells and whistles and $40 less.
Those are 1/10 scale boxes. (It probably works, I don't know)
I got [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCLD8&P=R]this OFNA for $65.[/link]

dockman2 07-12-2005 10:35 AM

Matt its the exact same box but you will need 2 stick packs to power it. Unless you already have them that will cost you at least $20 more for cheap packs and then you will need a charger for them also. So it adds up quick. The one I pointed out is only $30 bucks more but it comes with a 12v gell cell installed, plus the power panel w/glow clip that plugs directly in so you dont need a seperate one. It comes in real handy when your seperate glow igniter dies on you. The only other thing you would need is the wall charger which is about $10. Sometimes getting something to save a little money now will cost you more down the road.

slicks 07-12-2005 11:37 AM

yep -- I agree with Kevin (Dockman2). I also know that the box Christian has is a good one too - I had to use it last weekend :). Just make sure you factor in the cost of batteries and charger if you don't have one - need to know if they are included with the bump box or not. Look at the "Requirements" section and it will list what else (like a battery) is needed to make the item work.

Have you seen if Stampy can help you out? Sometimes he can and other times he can't - it just all depends on his cost etc... but I think that you'll find that he will be upfront with you. Just tell him what you are looking at and if you have any discounts etc... Like I said sometimes he can help.