RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   Charlottesville Racers Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/2989523-charlottesville-racers-thread.html)

ZRaceman01 07-16-2005 09:24 AM

RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

Hi everyone,

If you want to come on out today to Wayne's, come on. We have to run to get wood, but will be there by noon. Hope we can get some people to help.

Eddie

fourwheels0 07-16-2005 09:32 AM

kevin i'm on my way out to wayne's. it's about 10:30 now. i'll see you there. and hopefully some other people will show up.:D

SManMTB 07-16-2005 10:41 AM

Sorry, can't make it today.

Alpharaptor 07-16-2005 12:51 PM

Yesterday I bought myself an OS RG engine + starter box and 12 volt battery. I know a couple of you own one of these engines, so I'm wondering if you can give me any tips that are otherwise not mentioned in the manual?

Also, when I first bought my Axis, I had a problem of the air filter poping off sometimes while running. (Not good!) I made a fix to the problem by using some hanger to make it more stable. So, I'm wondering if anyone else has suffered from this problem with a more updated buggy? With my 777, should just the zip ties be enough to hold my air filter in place?

Slicks, I've been wanting to call you the past few days, what time today would be a good time?

SManMTB 07-16-2005 12:58 PM

I don't have a ny secret tips for the RG. Just follow the instruction and you're good. The standard setting on the carb is WAY rich, you want to lean it a bit whilke breaking it in. Try to keep the temp around ~200.
A zip tie for the filter works good, no problems so far.

dockman2 07-16-2005 06:11 PM

OK boys and girls, there is a new track in town! The R&R track is now up and running. The driver stand is toooooooooooooooo sweet! We are ready to rock. Sunday is the day to break in the new track. Looking for everyone about noon.

slicks 07-16-2005 08:27 PM

Matt --- I should be home most of tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon - I am not racing as we need to get Mander's buggy built -- and it's supposed to get very hot. So you can call me tomorrow afternoon or Mon-Fri around 7:00 p.m.

Kevin - Thanks for the update -- sounds great! Sounds like you and Mike went out to help - did anyone else show?

So - if we have a big race at Scott's next weekend -- do we start the points series the following weekend? I know that I'll be out of town Aug 3rd thru the 11th - have to go home to help my mom move and my sister move - they are moving in together. Then I come home and move Aaron up to JMU on the 15th! I think that I should change my name to MOVINGMAN :D

What does R&R stand for?

Alpharaptor 07-16-2005 08:27 PM

ORIGINAL: dockman2

OK boys and girls, there is a new track in town! The R&R track is now up and running. The driver stand is toooooooooooooooo sweet! We are ready to rock. Sunday is the day to break in the new track. Looking for everyone about noon.
Dang, I wish I could get my bottom over there, but I have family coming on Sunday. [:'(]

Got any track pics? :D

Edit: Quick question...is there a better way to apply after-run oil than through the carb? So I don't have to keep removing the entire air filter assembly?

SManMTB 07-16-2005 09:10 PM

Nice!
I'm sorry I couldn't come out today. Not sure if I'm running tomorrow.

503 07-16-2005 11:25 PM

'503' IS ON LINE. I NEED DIRECTION TO WAYNES FROM 29 RUCKERSVILLE.
THANK YOU

dockman2 07-17-2005 12:18 AM

See Joel, you should have bought that 777 already built from me.:eek:
Mike and I were the only ones there with Eddie and Wayne. Wayne got the rail fixed and made a great stair case for the driver stand.
The R&R thing... well you were in the military right? Actually it has a dual meaning. The rest and relaxation one and the second... Redneck Raceway.:D

Matt I dont do the after run oil thing but you can take out the glow plug and do it that way.

Who the hell is 503?;)

Super_Dave 07-17-2005 12:47 AM

Look its Mr. 503!!!!!!!! Glad to see you finally found the post.

Hahaha I like redneck raceway the most.

Matt if your air filter keeps falling off you didn't have the zip tie on right. You need to have it down as far to the base as you can. For after run oil you can take out the glow plug and put it in there but you shouldn't have much trouble just pulling the air filter off and getting it to cycle through the whole motor instead of just near the piston.

I finally got my 777 body painted and no one else has anything remotly close to it that I've seen.

Alpharaptor 07-17-2005 08:07 AM

Ahhh! 503 is here! the boards will never be the same again! or will they? ;)

ORIGINAL: Little Stampy

Matt if your air filter keeps falling off you didn't have the zip tie on right. You need to have it down as far to the base as you can. For after run oil you can take out the glow plug and put it in there but you shouldn't have much trouble just pulling the air filter off and getting it to cycle through the whole motor instead of just near the piston.
Ok, just wondering if there was some "backdoor" way to get the oil throughout the entire engine. With the zip tie on, the air filter will be a pain to get on and off.

Dockman, you don't use the stuff? I've read that I need to use it after each day of running, but is that even necessary?

Question for all: Do you use after-run oil? If so, how often? If not, why not?

503 07-17-2005 08:48 AM

edie or some one call me with directions to waynes please (806-9934). I HAVE TO GO BY WORK THIS MORNING AGAIN AND THEN I WILL BE OUT, THAT IS WHY I WAS NOT THEIR SATURDAY TO HELP I HAD TO WORK. SORRY. SEE EVERYONE SOON.

'503' (RODNEY)[:@]

Big Stampy 07-17-2005 09:18 AM

I had so much problem with the heat last week I/m not going to chance it today. Guess I'll clean the store.

slicks 07-17-2005 09:50 AM

Manders and I may drive out there this afternoon to check things out - then we need to get back home and continue building her buggy. Kevin - that would have made things a lot easier -- but Amanda wants to build the buggy herself - and so far she has - and paint the body. It has been good.

Lil Stampy --- uh every paint job you do is unlike anything I have ever seen!!!:D:D - now that is a joke so don't take it too seriously!!!

Welcome 503!!! did anyone get you the directions?

Alpharaptor 07-17-2005 11:39 AM

ORIGINAL: Little Stampy

I finally got my 777 body painted and no one else has anything remotly close to it that I've seen.
Next weekend we'll have to compare bodies :)

octospider0 07-17-2005 07:39 PM

Turns out i was right. Blew the OS! zero compression. Last week it started running funny and this week gone! 100 bucks wasted. oh well learned my lesson. Going to pull the Mach .26 out of my LST and put it in my Hyper (tired of messing with that damm truck anyway).

good race day though, need to work out some kinks in my 777 but shouldnt be too much of an issue.
Like I said, can't make it next sunday but ill see you guys the weekend after.

laters.

SManMTB 07-17-2005 07:49 PM

[X(]
What happened?

fourwheels0 07-17-2005 08:06 PM

oh man that sucks. the hyper should run awsome with that 26. good thing i didn't run mine i found out all 4 tires came unglued[X(] stock glue job's suck. see ya. mike

slicks 07-17-2005 08:15 PM

Bill -- don't leave us hanging -- what happend to the O.S.? Do you know how it happend?

Looks like y'all were having fun today. Hey - did you get hit by the rain storm? Manders and I got about 1/2 way home and it started getting dark and then it hit!

dockman2 07-17-2005 09:03 PM

Yeah it rained while we were racing... it was awesome! After about 1 1/2min into the run a med rain came down and the track got fast... and the buggies got muddy! It was kickin! The track is great and everyone just got better and faster with every lap. I think everyone had a blast. It was the most fun Ive had in a couple of months. I heard a couple of comments to the same effect. It was a great day. Oh yeah, the Xray is kickin. I see potential in it.

503 07-17-2005 09:41 PM

who is smanmtb? i had a great time to day, thank you for having me out to race (wayne/Edie) and every one else. the track is fun and fast maybe we can start useing both tracks on diffrent weekends that way everyone is at one track. more people the better unless some one comes and their a pain in the butt, we are like a commercial good times - good friends and the need for speed.[:@]

edie next time im going for 37 feet in the long jump.

Super_Dave 07-17-2005 09:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Alpharaptor
Question for all: Do you use after-run oil? If so, how often? If not, why not?
I use after run oil after everyday I run a motor. It keeps the piston and sleve lubricated so you don't dry start the motor and possible scratch them up a bit because of metal on metal contact. I have ran a motor with and without using it and I've gotten about 3/4 of a gallon difference in the life. No matter how much you try to get all of the fuel out of a motor there will always be some in there so if you store the buggy away for about 3 days or more it will keep the moisture in that fuel from rusting out your engine mainly in the bearings. Kevin and a lot of other people don't use it but my motors have ran more consistant through their life when I have used it after every day of running.

Super_Dave 07-17-2005 09:51 PM

Hey Rodney! I have no doubt that you can make 37 ft and sman is Chris