RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   Charlottesville Racers Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/2989523-charlottesville-racers-thread.html)

SManMTB 07-21-2005 11:55 PM

RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

See you on Sunday.

Super_Dave 07-22-2005 01:03 AM

Scott doesn't want anyone running before 12. I've showed up at 11 and just hung out untill it was a good time to run. As far as racing well that depends on when everyone shows up and how long it takes to get organized. Very glad to see the sugery went well :D

slicks 07-22-2005 06:38 AM

Looks like we will be out there on Sunday - but probably only for about an hour or so - the temp/forecast is looking like it is in the high 80s for Sunday [:@]

Well I hope that the plumbing fixture problem at my home are over!!! Got the shocks built (50/40) and installed last night tonight it is the mud guards and hopefully start to paint that bad boy. I could have had that thing built a couple of night ago - but messing with the new shower fixture etc... has slowed me down.

HEY -- I spoke with Kevin last weekend and asked him if he thougt the stock Kyosho tires would work well at Waynes R&R track -- he thought that they just might do ok -- what do the rest of you yahoo's think? The only time I ran at that track I used some Dirty Harry tires and they seemed to hook up ok - but it was hard to tell as I was having diff problems at that time too. So let me know what y'all think.

Rodney - man you are on here late at night aren't you? See you Sunday.

trackman 07-22-2005 11:42 AM

yeah joel i ran the stock tires at waynes and they worked well. not very good on my track though.
track looks good . should be faster with all the sweeping left and right turns.
i will see what everyone thinks about the change on sunday.
Joe glad to hear your doing ok. im ussually out at 10 or 11 preping the track.
i try to keep the noise down till about noon. if your coming we will save
you a spot in the VIP canopy.

slicks 07-22-2005 11:49 AM

Hey Scott -- that is good news about the Kyosho tires -- I'll just get some different foams and glue them up. I need to get Amanda new tires, her Crimefighters are worn out and it just wouldn't do to have a new car with out new tires!

Glad to hear about the track changes -- looking forward to running on it.

Super_Dave 07-22-2005 02:24 PM

Joel the tires that come with the kyosho should be one of the best tires to use on Waynes track. Like I said explaining how tires work they have tall pins and they are all spaced apart. Sense the pins are tall and space apart it lets a lot of that loose dirt get in between each pin and lets them do their job. In loose dirt you cannot have a shallow or close tread pattern. What will happen is the tire will try to float ontop of the loose dirt instead of digging in because there is no room for it to go. Closer to cross over jump it got somewhat hardpacked unless you get into the grassy area so thats where you would lose traction because those pins have nothing to grip into. Moabs are a very good all around tire so I'm sure they would do pretty well on Waynes track because they have a deep tread to grab the loose dirt but there are still flat tops on them to give you the traction on hardpack as well. Of corse its impossible to have a tire thats the best in everything so the best thing you can do is to find a tire that fits either the majority of the track or works decently all the way around the track.

Big Stampy 07-22-2005 03:25 PM

If you are looking for THE BEST racer's radio look no further. Racers have been using the M8 for a long time. It has now been discontinued in favoer of the M11. Three just arrived at the shop.

Alpharaptor 07-22-2005 05:28 PM

Hey all, I was hoping to make it out to Scott's on Saturday so I can get my car up and running fully, but since my aunt and uncle are here till Sunday morning so...parents gave me one word. No... [:@]

I would really like to get in some good practice time in this weekend. I'll arrive quarter till noon Sunday, can one of you more experienced guys help me get my new engine tuned up and ready to rip? Any help would be GREAT. [8D] I would really like to get some good practice runs in before the racing starts this time.

Btw I have some questions as far as charging batteries...
My 12v starter box battery still has about 1/2 a charge left, is it ok to charge it for another 8hrs overnight?
Also, is it ok to charge my glo starters and receiver battery if they arn't totally drained?

I just want to avoid the batts getting any "memory" by charging them over another charge.

Smokinjoe6450 07-22-2005 05:48 PM

Thanks for the kind word guys. I am hoping to get out there around 3 or 4. Will you still be racing then? The VIP canopy sounds great Scott. You got waitresses and everything? Just wondering if I need to bring some bills. [X(]

Super_Dave 07-22-2005 07:00 PM

We usually try to start racing at about 1:30 or 2

slicks 07-22-2005 09:28 PM

Lil Stampy - when I read your thread re: tires before that made me think that the stock Kyosho tires would do well - thanks for the input - I appreciate it. Sounds like Scott ran with those tires out at R&R so that kind of seals it. Went to Stampy's this evening and got his last set of foams - he said he would be getting more in - so we are good.

Matt - aren't your rec'r batt's nimh? I never worry about memory with them - also I don't worry about memory with the glow plug or the 12v batts - I would say charge them up for this weekend on Saturday and come on out on Sunday. Kevin is very knowledgeable about batteries so he would be a good person to ask questions re: batteries. Haven't heard from him lately here - he is probably putting in long hours at work again. Scott is a good person to ask too - lots of experience with batteries.

Alpharaptor 07-22-2005 10:05 PM

Yea, my receiver batt is NIMA so I'll go ahead and give them a fresh charge, but would charging the large 12v battery for my starter box be ok? It might last the weekend, but I'd like to be on the safe side.

503 07-22-2005 10:33 PM

Keeping the black man out of the VIP tent[8D]
"503"[:@]

503 07-22-2005 10:41 PM

Are you going to come out Saturday evening and race for a while. The new set up is cool I like it alot and it has a surprising difficult area that you will find out, Your buggy will probaly be up side down if you dont hit it right.

SManMTB 07-22-2005 10:44 PM

ORIGINAL: 503

Are you going to come out Saturday evening and race for a while. The new set up is cool I like it alot and it has a surprising difficult area that you will find out, Your buggy will probaly be up side down if you dont hit it right.

You mean the long straight?
:D

I kid, I kid. Looking forward to see the layout on Sunday.

503 07-22-2005 10:52 PM

No the trick is the small jump in the turn after the straight away, if you try and hit the jump and make the turn at the same time you will end up on two wheels or on your back. It's cool.

SManMTB 07-22-2005 10:58 PM

OK, I have to see that.

Super_Dave 07-23-2005 12:41 AM

Haha no the hardest section is where the whoop section was... they are still there but they keep going straight when you have to make the corner. If theres no work at Stampy's I'm gunna go down and run some.

ZRaceman01 07-23-2005 07:33 AM

I mite show up I do not know yet.

slicks 07-23-2005 10:53 AM

Matt -- when I use the hobby size 12v battery I just hook it up to a wall mount charger and charge it for about 10 hours overnight -- never had a problem.

slicks 07-23-2005 07:54 PM

Matt -- I spoke with Scott this evening - and it looks like there will be a $5.00 per person race fee tomorrow - sounds like there will be prizes etc... so it should be cool!!!

Bring money, all your car stuff and some extra shade if you have it .. oh and water.

SManMTB 07-23-2005 08:09 PM

Cool

WatcherKid 07-23-2005 08:17 PM

Hey.. It's Steven (I ran Kevin's buggy for a while, and I also sit around and watch.. :D) Hope some good racing will go down tomorrow.. I'll be there, for sure. I was there today, and heard there might be a 5 dollar fee, and some prizes...

WatcherKid 07-23-2005 08:23 PM

ORIGINAL: 503

No the trick is the small jump in the turn after the straight away, if you try and hit the jump and make the turn at the same time you will end up on two wheels or on your back. It's cool.
I saw that alot today... The new layout is cool. The rumble section doesn't bother most of the cars I saw running today.. :) You were getting alot better today... Good luck tomorrow, to all the racers.

Alpharaptor 07-23-2005 08:37 PM

ORIGINAL: slicks

Matt -- I spoke with Scott this evening - and it looks like there will be a $5.00 per person race fee tomorrow - sounds like there will be prizes etc... so it should be cool!!!

Bring money, all your car stuff and some extra shade if you have it .. oh and water.

Dang, the pressure is on! It'll be fun though! I'm well supplied with fuel, so hopefully I get plenty of practice in before the racing starts. :D

Btw, sounds like my dad wants to come and watch for an hour or so, I'd like to ask that while he's here that the language be kept mild. He's easily offended with that kind of thing. Thanks! ;)

Cya all tommarow!!