RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   Charlottesville Racers Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/2989523-charlottesville-racers-thread.html)

WatcherKid 07-23-2005 09:09 PM

RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

ORIGINAL: Alpharaptor
Dang, the pressure is on! It'll be fun though! I'm well supplied with fuel, so hopefully I get plenty of practice in before the racing starts. :D
Just show up around noon, and you'll be about an hour before the races start, depending on how many people show up, and when... So, you can get some practice time in then.. Hope to see ya!

slicks 07-23-2005 09:11 PM

Matt -- that is cool that your dad is going to come and watch -- I wish I had one of the other buggies up and running so he could give it a try. Not sure if my back up servo is any good or I could try to get one of the other buggies put back together -- well maybe next time you can give me some notice and I will see if I can get a buggy put together out of the old ones we have -- not sure but if I have enough stuff - I would need a couple of nights and I may be able to do it -- not sure.

WatcherKid 07-23-2005 09:25 PM

Hi Joel.. Got the Kyosho running? Hope to see good competition tomorrow!!! Can't wait to see it!

503 07-23-2005 11:30 PM

who is watcherkid?

Big Dave Im worrying about not having the tires I want, Stampy has them on hold for me. I will try and get them in the morning.
"503"[:@]

My Language [email protected]@@!!!!!!![:'(]
I will do my best to watch my language[8D]

WatcherKid 07-24-2005 06:14 PM

Now you know who I am, Rodney.. ;)

We had some good racing today. Rodney, getting a lot better! Matt, excellent! 3 (I'm pretty sure..) races, and you made it into the A-Main. Great work today! Good job, Amanda. Finishing 2nd overall was great. Great job to the rest.

SManMTB 07-24-2005 06:31 PM

I've started on my stamp collection. Anyone have some 1920's stamps? Will trade for a rear diff.
:D

I got my rear very-low-back handed to me today. Good racing.

fourwheels0 07-24-2005 07:47 PM

as a matter of fact i do have some 1920's stamp's. haha. ok update on ofna (@#%%^#@)mbx comp bad glow plug. put in new one and richen the hell out of it now run's 250-260. huh go figure. oh ya rodney i'm gunning for you force 26 at 360 before the new plug.

fourwheels0 07-24-2005 07:49 PM

as a matter of fact i do have some 1920's stamp's. haha. ok update on ofna (@#%%^#@)mbx comp bad glow plug. put in new one and richen the hell out of it now run's 250-260. huh go figure. oh ya rodney i'm gunning for you force 26 at 360 before the new plug. sman what happened to your's.

WatcherKid 07-24-2005 07:58 PM

Was it also because someone was on your channel? You said the gas was going crazy..?

fourwheels0 07-24-2005 08:05 PM

no it was a bad plug. not a good day double post,burn't to a crisp finger,bad plug,dead batt's,360 degree temp and the day ain't over. i think i'll count my stamp's by the window. hahaha[:@]

503 07-24-2005 08:09 PM

never will you katch "503"
"503'[:@]

slicks 07-24-2005 08:14 PM

Hey Stephen good to see you here.

OH-MAN ---MIKE I forgot to see if I had an extra glow plug for you! Sorry about that - I think I do have a McCoy 8 or a 9 too - let me know if you need it - again, I am sorry for not looking for it while you where there today.

Well - I had fun today - even though I had a couple of screws back out - still had fun. Now that we have a full day of running the new buggies I can see where I have some set-up tuning to do. I don't like how the buggies squat in the rear with the stock springs - way too much of a weight shift. I know that I used the blue springs on the ofna and they made a big difference.

503 07-24-2005 08:20 PM

Matt you did great to day, No one would never think that was your first time raceing that buggy. Next time you and I will have to do a one on one I need to see can we have a win for a win[8D]

fourwheels0 07-24-2005 08:23 PM

no problem slicks. i put a os 3 in it and it seems to be running ok so far. on gravel temp's are around 250-260 that i can live with. i really need to put some oil in those diff's i'm starting to see how this thing doesn't want to hook up. ahh the learning curve!!!. see ya

503 07-24-2005 08:29 PM

Stampy thank you for the prizes to day at the races, it made a great day even better.
You The Stamp![sm=sunsmiley.gif]

503 07-24-2005 08:33 PM

Scott and Wayne while Im handing out Thank You's Im shore all of us are thank full for the use of your tracks.
"503'[:@]

503 07-24-2005 08:37 PM

Mike its ok if you are afraid to race I under stand.[8D]

fourwheels0 07-24-2005 09:33 PM

oooooooohhhhhhh feeling a little cocky are we. that's ok i'll let amanda take care of the lite work.:D

Super_Dave 07-24-2005 09:45 PM

ORIGINAL: slicks

Well - I had fun today - even though I had a couple of screws back out - still had fun. Now that we have a full day of running the new buggies I can see where I have some set-up tuning to do. I don't like how the buggies squat in the rear with the stock springs - way too much of a weight shift. I know that I used the blue springs on the ofna and they made a big difference.

I think the stock kyosho springs are slightly stiffer than the kyosho blue medium springs... you do want the rear to squat under acceleration to get the traction and accelerate fast coming out of corners but it will give you some understeer because of all the weight going to the rear.

Rodney put everything in one post!!!!!!!!!!

I had an awesome day today though not much competition in the main everyone seemed to have a really good day with clean setup races and I think everyone got their $5 worth.

A-Main resultes were:
1st-Little Stampy with 11 laps in 5:17.45 mins
2nd-Amanda with 10 laps in 5:26.88
3rd-Chris with 10 laps in 5:33.96
4th-Eddie with 9 laps in 4:38.92
5th-Matt with 9 laps in 5:23.64

Super_Dave 07-24-2005 09:52 PM

Hey Mike, Amanda might be taking care of your heavy work pretty soon too.

fourwheels0 07-24-2005 10:10 PM

ya i see that. i think you better watch out she just might be going for tq or overall champ.( as long as scott or kevin don't race ) but she might come after them next year. haha good job amanda keep them on their toes. p.s. i might get to race SOMETIME. see ya:D

Alpharaptor 07-24-2005 10:13 PM

GREAT day of racing everyone, Rodney, hopefully next weekend we'll do that one on one. ;) Huge THANKS to everybody who helped me out today, you all are the greatest bunch of RCers I could ever want. [8D] Nice driving everyone!

The 777 is a great buggy, I love it, now all the little bugs need to be worked out and I need toget it fine tuned to my driving style. So far, very happy with my perchase...now time to get my diffs set up.

l8r

SManMTB 07-24-2005 10:33 PM

ORIGINAL: fourwheels0

as a matter of fact i do have some 1920's stamp's. haha. ok update on ofna (@#%%^#@)mbx comp bad glow plug. put in new one and richen the hell out of it now run's 250-260. huh go figure. oh ya rodney i'm gunning for you force 26 at 360 before the new plug. sman what happened to your's.
The clutch locked up. Broken shoe. Note to all: OFNA carbon shoes do not work well on the 777. First off they don't fit properly and you need to take out some material to make them move freely, second... they break.

It was probably a good thing since the K3 was better anyway. Got to get a grip with the MAC power. Scott is real good at setting that beast up.

dockman2 07-24-2005 10:47 PM

Hey Chris, I have one of those stamps with the Wright Brothers plane upside down if your interested.;)

Joel, I told you to buy the 777 I had setup. Just kidding.:D If you want any help Im there, just say the word. Just dont try beating my girl!:D By the way I told Amanda I was going to take her buggy and work on the set up. I just dont trust her mechanic.[>:] I think its sabotage.

Watcherkid(Steven)- stop telling people how to tune motors on other threads, even if your right.;)

503- listen to little stampy, make one post and talk to everyone, like I did! By the way... you still suck.[sm=drowning.gif]

Little Stampy-"I had an awesome day today though not much competition "
Proof read you stuff before you post and it wont come off sounding so bad!

Bill- Yeah I know you havent posted but it wouldnt be the same if I didnt tell you how bad you suck.:eek:

Now, I guess Im going to have to run my 777 since everyone is running them. I dont want any excuses if do well. I just dont want to run it since I really dont like the buggy and I want to sell it. Someone give me a trade for it. I still am thinking about setting up my OFNA Comp just to see what I can do with it.

Scott-well I didnt have anything to say to you but I didnt want you to feel left out.:)

dockman2 07-24-2005 10:52 PM

Chris-maybe it was putting those good OFNA shoes in that Kyosho buggy?:D Just kidding!!! Really, I dont dislike the Kyosho that much. Remember, Im the one who started running the Kyosho ST when everyone else was running the AE and LOSI. I still like that truck.