RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   Charlottesville Racers Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/2989523-charlottesville-racers-thread.html)

WatcherKid 07-25-2005 08:15 PM

RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

ORIGINAL: trackman

IM GLAD EVERYONE HAD A GOOD TIME . I THINK EVERYONE LIKED THE TRACK.
AND THANKS AGAIN TO STAMPY FOR ALL THE PRIZES HE PROVIDED.
AS FAR AS I KNOW WE WILL BE AT WAYNES THIS WEEKEND.
KEVIN I WILL HAVE MY COMPUTER BACK THIS WEEK. IT IS FIXED.

I liked the new track configuration. We saw some good racing down the backstretch!! :) Great job to all the racers this weekend!

slicks 07-25-2005 09:23 PM

Matt -- GREAT PICTURES! Tell your brother good job. I'll look at them again tomorrow at work where I have a better screen - I am sure I'll want a better res copy to print.

4Wheels --- glad to hear that you are sticking with it. I think that you just need a different engine soon and you'll start having fun. The ofna buggies are not bad - good ones to start with and that MBX does have lots of hop-up options.

I had a great time yesterday --- glad that the weather gave us a break. Hope that this heat wave breaks before this weekend -- I hope that we can get out to Wayne's to race -- looks like I had better get some tires glued up. I have lots to do this week so I'll have some late nights at the end of the week to get everything ready for Sunday.

Super_Dave 07-25-2005 10:55 PM

Matt, excelent pictures! I deffinatly want a high res pic for my wallpaper.

I hope we get a race going at RR this Sunday just to keep things mixed up and keep that track worn in. I want to see how those moabs will handle out there too I think they'll grab that loose stuff pretty well and I want to see how this 14t clutch bell and the JP-2 pipe do on that track.

On an off note. I think we have one of the biggest threads on the web site!!!

SManMTB 07-25-2005 11:11 PM

We're #52.
:)

503 07-25-2005 11:30 PM

My turn
1. Keaven - smart butt[8D]
2. My kids have a swim meet this Saturday, I will be out Waynes Sunday. Please post a time.
3. Chris and Edie if you 2 are going to race Thursday evening let me know what time and I will join you after work,
4. Im runing my sportworks and I just tried a new set up, when I drove Scotts Kyosho I drove so much better. I am thinking about breaking the Kyosho out to give keaven a worry:(.
5. I have some old stamps I will dig up and let you take a look at
6. Amanda and Matt Im coming for you, Amanda you have to drive your own buggy[8D]
7. The weekend was great looking forward to having anouther at the Redneck Race Way, I will blend in well from HOG WALA.
8. Mike try your buggy out before race day and dont for get your battery, starter, remote or your buggy:D
9. *Bill if you need any help tuning in your new sportswork 26 let me know, I dont want it to be over your head.[sm=drowning.gif] :D
10. "503" is ready to race win or loose I dont care Im like everyone else I want to have fun with no ATTITUDES[:@]
"503"[:@]

SManMTB 07-25-2005 11:39 PM

I'll let you know if I go on Thursday or Friday. After the last weekend there are more stuff to fix than I thought.

Clutch was completely busted on the SP1. I only have the Alu shoes to try. It will work but it's not what I want to try.
Clutch bell came loose on the K3 so I lost a bunch of screws and washers. Hopefully I have spares but as usual it's the part you really need that you don't have. :D

edit: my spelling went to hell.

dockman2 07-26-2005 12:37 AM

503- Its spelled KEVIN just like it sounds.

Chris your just upset from arguing motors with that knucklehead who cant back up what he says. If you need clutch shoes I have OFNA and Mugen. Just let me know. I can give them to Scott for you to pick up.

SManMTB 07-26-2005 12:42 AM

Ohh man.... I need a smoke and a beer now... and I have work tomorrow. [:o]

Thank you for the offer Kevin. Are those Mugens teflon?
Not touching OFNA shoes again. If the trigger finger get itchy the Alu shoes will do. I will also try the CA trick you told me about, great idea.

dockman2 07-26-2005 12:49 AM

Yeah, black teflon.

SManMTB 07-26-2005 01:00 AM

Cool, I'll take them.

Mmmmm, that beer was good.:)

slicks 07-26-2005 06:36 AM

CA Trick??? what trick would that be?

Big Stampy 07-26-2005 08:12 AM

The CA trick is this: Every time someone wants to say something stupid (like me) use CA to close your lips.

Big Stampy 07-26-2005 11:47 AM

Stainless screw sets for MP777 arrived today as did more tire foams.

trackman 07-26-2005 01:30 PM

HEY CHRIS IT APPEARS THAT I HAVE CLUTCH SHOES IN HAND FOR YOU.
LET ME KNOW HOW YOU WANT TO GET THEM.

SCOTT

SManMTB 07-26-2005 02:02 PM

Kevin told be you were going to be at Stampy's for a while this evening so I thought I would stop by around 7 - 7.30.

Is that OK?

trackman 07-26-2005 02:19 PM

OAKYDOAKY

SCOTT

ZRaceman01 07-26-2005 08:29 PM

Got my TMAXX runnin right.

I found out why I ran out of gas. My clutch was locked up and the bearings were bad so there was a load on the motor so it had no power. It was eating gas bad.

503 call me Thursday around 6.

Kevin I broke the rear diff in the Mammoth ST. So I i will strip the other one untell I get parts.
I went 30/10 with the diffs. I making a crowler out of the maxx.[50/50]

Scott my dad wants to when my 777 will be done. Give him a call.

slicks 07-26-2005 08:40 PM

Hey Fast Eddie!

Man you sure do go thru the clutch bearings don't you! Are you using engine spray to clean with? Are you still power washing those buggies? Stampy can get you bearing in little tubes of like 10 each -- you need to get your self some for back up.

Sounds like the racing on Sunday is at your place is that correct? Manders and I hope to make it -- but first I have a load of tires to glue up...........I hate gluing tires [:@]

Super_Dave 07-26-2005 09:45 PM

Eddie a load on your motor wont make you run out of gas sooner it will cut the motor off if anything. The only way you will run out of gas sooner is by running rich or having a fuel leak somewhere.

I finally have my starter box so I don't need to borrow anyones anymore!!!! and its not pink [&:]

Alpharaptor 07-26-2005 10:09 PM

Thanks everyone for the good comments, I'll be sure to tell Chris about the praise. The pics really did turn out great.

So far it looks like it might be a good weekend for racing, high 70s with a slight chance of rain. I'm hoping to make it out on Sunday, need to make sure we get our porch stained before then and get my diffs re-oiled. So it'll be at Wynes next weekend? If I'm able to go, it would be great if someone could pick me up at Toys-R-Us and show me the way. [8D] Can't wait to try out the new track!

octospider0 07-26-2005 11:39 PM

anyone know what type of motor mounts are needed to fit the sportwerks .26 on a hyper chassis? seems about 1/8 inch to low (roto start back plate sits below motor mounts.

Super_Dave 07-27-2005 12:42 AM

To get my mach .26 to fit on my hyper i needed to grind down the backplate and pullstart untill it was close to flush with the crank case. Just get a back plate and don't use a rotostart or pull start. You might be able to put some mayhem motor mounts on there but that will raise the whole motor up thus changing your gear mesh and I'm not sure if you'll be able to get the gear mesh set right. With the motor jacked up you wont be able to use a starter box with taller mounts too.

slicks 07-27-2005 06:33 AM

Matt - I hope to race on Sunday -- if I do I can pick you up - will know more tonight about this weekend - my wife has company comming in to to town - so I need to see if I need to stay home and play guest or not. Call me Friday evening (around 6:00 p.m.) I'll know for sure then.

trackman 07-27-2005 06:37 AM

Hey Bill dont you have a starter box? I didnt have any problem with mine but i didnt have anything
on it either.
Dave you can still move the motor to set gear mesh.

Super_Dave 07-27-2005 09:57 AM

I know you can still move the motor to set it but if you move the motor up higher its going to push the motor out and I wasn't sure if the adjustments go out far enough.

Matt I love the high res pics deffinatly the best wallpaper I've had on this comp. [sm=thumbup.gif]