RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   Charlottesville Racers Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/2989523-charlottesville-racers-thread.html)

octospider0 07-27-2005 11:30 AM

RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

well grinding is out of the question. the 2 bottom bolts of the roto start would have to be removed also. I guess my options are a taller mount or a back plate. I don't see the taller mounts having much ill effect other then making the COG slightly higher, and were talking 1/8 inch. gear mesh should also not be a problem that I can see. Both solutions involve parts though, either a new backplate or a new motor mount. Kevin, didnt you put a roto start on your Jammin RTR? was the base flush with the mounts or what?

dockman2 07-27-2005 11:55 AM

The RTR came with shaft start. I compared the mounts from the RTR against the Pro and the RTR mounts are about 2mm taller. Plus the chassis is machined out 2mm under the roto start back plate. I will look on the net to see if I can find a part # but your best bet is to call NitrHouse.

Alpharaptor 07-27-2005 02:53 PM

Ran by Stamy's and bought both 3000 and 7000 diff oil. So now i'm ready for a 5-7-3 diff oil setup. My question is, how much should I put in each diff? Should I "drench" the diff in oil? Or is it better to put in just enough to cover each tooth?

Need to get this right, I'd like to avoid tearing down the buggy all over again. ;)

SManMTB 07-27-2005 04:57 PM

Matt - The instructions tells you how to do it.

Alpharaptor 07-27-2005 07:16 PM

From what I can tell, diff oil is only mentioned on page 8, but it doesn't say how much to add. Am I missing something? [&:]

octospider0 07-27-2005 07:37 PM

with the diff in 2 pieces, fill the half with the beveled gears to almost the lip. some will squeeze out when you screw it together but no worries.

503 07-27-2005 09:39 PM

Edie I will call you Thursday.
"503'[:@]

Super_Dave 07-27-2005 10:51 PM

Pretty much fill the diff. You don't want any free space in there really. Just putting some on the gear would throw the oil aside after some use which pretty much makes the different weight oil useless and even make the diff work inconsistantly. Pretty much like putting shock oil in your shocks.

SManMTB 07-27-2005 11:20 PM

Sorry Matt, I was looking in the manual for the K3 and it says 'fill up to 80%'.

Alpharaptor 07-28-2005 12:08 PM

Thanks all, time to get down and dirty! :)

fourwheels0 07-28-2005 01:58 PM

how do i delete this.

fourwheels0 07-28-2005 01:59 PM

alright this is for anyone. what should i use in my diff's. 5k front 7k center 3k rear ? is this a good place to start? i only want to do this once so i'm looking for a all around decent setup. thank's guy's mike:D i plan on getting the oil's friday. I WANT TO RUN SUNDAY!!!!

slicks 07-28-2005 02:50 PM

MIKE __ that is a very good set up to start with. If you only want to buy 2 weights of oil you could go 3K / 7K / 3K. This set up will give you more steering if not some oversteering - not seeing how your buggy runs or turns this is a tough call. I guess if you feel that you need more steering than you have now go with 3K in the front - if you feel like you have way too much steering go with the 5K in the front.

If you can afford it - go with the 3 weights and do the 5/7/3 combo. You can always add in steering with a little toe-out.

Looks like the weather should be good on Sunday - YEAH! It is our plan to be there - not sure for how long we can stay as we have company from out of town visiting - but we should be there.

fourwheels0 07-28-2005 03:48 PM

thanks joel i think i'll try thr 3-7-3. right now it's all stock with the grease. why not bring the company with you. haha see ya.

trackman 07-28-2005 06:01 PM

THIS IS FOR EVERYONE. MY WIFE WOULD LIKE TO SAY THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THE BIRTHDAY
GIFT. AND THANKS TO WAYNE FOR THE ECLAIRS.[EXTRA POUNDS];)

EDDIE I NEED YOU TO DRIVE YOUR BUGGY SO I CAN SET IT UP
TO YOUR DRIVING STYLE.

Super_Dave 07-28-2005 06:50 PM

Mike I ran 3-7-3 in my hyper and it made it planted (this is a hyper of corse so i don't know how it compairs to your buggy) the ofnas tend to have a slow responcive steering and push so I went to 3-7-1 because I like my buggy to handle loose.... The 3 in the front is mainly to make that heavy thing turn into the corners. If the steering is to quick for you than try taking out some of the toe out (if you have any) and if you still have to much steering diving into the corners than go with 5 in the front and that will fix it. You really wont be able to tell what difference make what untill you can somewhat hold a line a smooth corners though. I haven't seen you drive one yet but I'd work on the driving before I really worried about diff oil unless of corse its really that bad.

dockman2 07-28-2005 09:00 PM

5-7-3

fourwheels0 07-28-2005 09:08 PM

hey kevin ok 5-7-3 it is. thanks. little stampy YES it's that bad. i just hope i don't screw anything up. (taking it apart and putting it back together) should i have any screw's left over? haha. see ya:D

503 07-28-2005 10:45 PM

Mike taken apart your buggy is not hard, I just get lazy and set it on the shelf untile I have no nonrthing else to run. I keep hinting to Scott untile he gets tired of me hinting and he puts it togeather for me. His set up is perfect for me, you will see soon when I break out the Kyosho I know its hard to believe I can drive better with a different buggy and set up.
"503"[:@]

slicks 07-29-2005 07:30 AM

You are correct Rodney --- It is hard to believe that you can drive better!!:D:D

Still not sure about being able to get out to the R&R this weekend -- I may not know until Saturday if I can get out there.

Started working of getting the buggies ready for the next day of racing -- On Amanda's buggie one of the rear shocks had lost about 1/2 of the oil - no wonder it handled a bit wierd. I am also going through both buggies to see what I can do about screws, nuts and bolts comming loose -- using lock washers, loc-tight and lock nuts and even doubling up on the lock nuts in some areas -- so - knock on wood - no more parts comming off due to loose nuts and bolts!

Checked the weather for Sunday and it is looking like it will be a real nice day!

slicks 07-29-2005 02:47 PM

Hey all -- I have seen this site before- but the race video's have been updated -- take a look!

www.snviper.ch.vu/ Christian - you may recognize some of these places.

[link=http://www.snviper.ch.vu/]HERE[/link]

SManMTB 07-29-2005 04:05 PM

Nice videos but I've never been to Switzerland.

slicks 07-29-2005 08:12 PM

Chris--- didn't know if you had visited there or not -- looks like they have a lot of fun racing though.

A couple of those track lay-outs looked like a lot of fun -- full speed but fun. I liked how some of the jumps were solid structures (wood) that way they were constant/never changed. That would make it easier to get in a groove for jumping.

Hey were you planning on driving out to Wayne's on Sunday?

SManMTB 07-29-2005 10:14 PM

Yes that's the plan. Trying to get the slop out of the old parts on the K3. Putting in new wheel bearings.
Turned out that I busted the clutch on both buggies.:D

Should be OK for Sunday.

Super_Dave 07-30-2005 05:42 AM

Nice videos... That onboard one really shows you how much of a beating these buggies take even though that track was really rough. Maybe we should try that with one of our buggies on the track around here :D. I'm sure everyone was thinking of that already though.