RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   Charlottesville Racers Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/2989523-charlottesville-racers-thread.html)

dockman2 08-23-2005 09:25 AM

RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

It will but it weakens the shoes. Just go to a stiffer spring (1.1) and it will do the same thing.

slicks 08-23-2005 10:02 AM

I am running the springs that came in the Kyosho kit and I think that they are 1.0 - because they don't engage as quick as the gold ofna springs. I don't hate them - but don't really like them either. Christian explained it well ... you'll be on the trigger and no power to the wheels and then all of a sudden - BAM. I notice it on the tight technical spots more where I am trying to be conscious of my speed and control in those areas by being a bit lighter on the throttle trigger but maintain traction and some speed thru those areas. When I am heavy on the trigger in those areas I always spin out and that takes longer than going thru at a smooth pace --well at least for me it does.

I always go with new clutch springs when I change out the clutch shoes - I am thinking that I will go back to the ofna gold springs when I do so next time. Much more predictable trigger responce.

If I have time this week I may take the engines off and look at the clutch shoes just to see how they are wearing -- but I have tires that need to be glued first if we are going to run at Wayne's.

trackman 08-23-2005 12:33 PM

well joel i think im running those kyosho springs also. maybe i just need to shut up and
try to be a better driver. concentrate. maybe even on the wagon.

nah dont see it happening.

Big Stampy 08-23-2005 12:38 PM

Yeah Scott, you're such an underachiever [sm=bananahead.gif]

Super_Dave 08-23-2005 12:49 PM

I'm running ofna shoes with the ofna gold springs very smooth and prediactable throttle responce thats always there when you need it and still doesn't bog the motor. Of corse I'm running the M26 so I have pleanty of torque but the JP-2 took some of that away so it shouldn't have to much more torque then what other people are running.

Chris I think you picked up Rodneys touch somehow. Let Scott touch your clutch shoes before you put them in and the curse might be lifted. :)

slicks 08-23-2005 01:07 PM

:) THE CURSE OF 503!!!!

Scott -- If my best driving was as good as your worst driving - I would be a very happy camper! You are very consistent and smooth and that is what it takes to win -- and you do!

SManMTB 08-23-2005 01:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Little Stampy

I'm running ofna shoes with the ofna gold springs very smooth and prediactable throttle responce thats always there when you need it and still doesn't bog the motor. Of corse I'm running the M26 so I have pleanty of torque but the JP-2 took some of that away so it shouldn't have to much more torque then what other people are running.

Chris I think you picked up Rodneys touch somehow. Let Scott touch your clutch shoes before you put them in and the curse might be lifted. :)
OMG!!!OHHHHNOOOOOOO!!!AAAIIIIEEEE!!

octospider0 08-23-2005 02:21 PM

ORIGINAL: slicks

Hey Bill - missed you yesterday--- the heat wasn't nearly as bad as it was on Saturday. Hope that we see you this weekend.

Hey are you planning on going down to Amherst on the 11th for the race? Sounds like a number of us are heading that way to race.

yea, had to wait for the damm adelphia guy to come (thing still doesnt work right). Been a crazy month, and to top it off, the last 3-4 driving days I had pretty much sucked, got to feel like coming out and getting frustrated.

As for Amherst, I doubt I will be there, that day is Suzanne's birthday.

SManMTB 08-23-2005 03:05 PM

My adelphia connection is fubared too. It drops every 5 or 10 mins.

Alpharaptor 08-23-2005 06:49 PM

ORIGINAL: SManMTB

You might want to get an amplifier, the signal could be to week.

SManMTB 08-23-2005 06:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Alpharaptor

ORIGINAL: SManMTB

You might want to get an amplifier, the signal could be to week.
Last time the tech was here he said it was too strong. [:@]
(Type in 192.168.100.1 in the address bar. It shows the status of the cable modem)

slicks 08-23-2005 07:05 PM

Hey Bill I suppose that giving her the gift of peace and quite and the house all to her self wouldn't be a good Bday present huh? ........ didn't think so.

Yeah you have had a string of bad luck with that buggy.... man that really stinks. Have you tried putting that old OS carb on your Hyper 8 port race engine? I have read in the ofna forums where that resolves many "issues" with that engine. I know that you had bad luck with that OS -- but have you thought about the Mach .26 for your next engine? Man - you got to get back out at the track your driving really picked up.

503 08-23-2005 09:07 PM

All right Big Dave the Rodney curse, I had one day in a long time that my buggy did'nt run[8D]

Im getting up set with my Mayhem it's a good buggie but You just can't make the same track time with this buggy. I drove Allen PBS and made 9 laps with out driveing the buggy before hand

"Scott" I need your help I need to have this Kyosho running for this weekend, I know I can drive that buggy after the time you let me drove your's. You all ready put everything togeather besides a couple of things, I would really be thankful if you and I could get togeather this week and finish this buggy for I can try and catch up with everyone else and give some type of competition Sept 11th. (Please Im frustrated[:@]) call me on my cell for we can get detailed. Like all ways tell me what you need for the help.

I will have my starter box re-wired for the weekend

Amanda's look out [X(]

"503"[:@]

trackman 08-24-2005 07:45 AM

rodney i dont know if i can help or not.
but i know who can. think psychiatrist. that might be the road for you.
your one phonecall away from a rubber room!!!

ill probably be home wed evening give me a call.

slicks 08-24-2005 08:47 AM

I was thinking more along the lines of an EXORCIST to rid him of the CURSE :):)

Couldn't help myself with that one Rodney! What engine are you going to put in that Kyosho? Why don't you just put an OS RG in it - those engines can scream and it is all you really need at Scott's track and at Wayne's. As for the track in Amherst -- the OS is the engine Amanda ran with last time we were there and she took 5th place in the buggies over all.

trackman 08-24-2005 08:56 AM

joel im planning on taking the new buggy to amherst. it should be
done by then.

i think rodney needs a 400.00 motor.

Big Stampy 08-24-2005 09:08 AM

I think $400 is beneath him. Go for the best. [8D]

slicks 08-24-2005 11:58 AM

Scott -- by new buggy do you mean the new 777 you haven't run yet --- OR did you get something else that I don't know about yet?

I agree -- someone with the name "503" should be able to spend at least $503 on an engine!!!

trackman 08-24-2005 12:03 PM

yeah the new 777.
hope to work out the bugs this weekend.

hello bill

slicks 08-24-2005 12:24 PM

cool -- what engine are you putting in it?

slicks 08-24-2005 02:02 PM

Has anyone heard from Eddie or Wayne regarding racing at their track this weekend? I would hate to gule up those kyosho tires if I wasn't going to use them...............have I told y'all just how much I HATE to glue tires?

trackman 08-24-2005 02:21 PM

the other mac motor of course. gotta stick with a good thing.

octospider0 08-24-2005 03:25 PM

ORIGINAL: slicks

Hey Bill I suppose that giving her the gift of peace and quite and the house all to her self wouldn't be a good Bday present huh? ........ didn't think so.

Yeah you have had a string of bad luck with that buggy.... man that really stinks. Have you tried putting that old OS carb on your Hyper 8 port race engine? I have read in the ofna forums where that resolves many "issues" with that engine. I know that you had bad luck with that OS -- but have you thought about the Mach .26 for your next engine? Man - you got to get back out at the track your driving really picked up.
no, I dont think that will cut it.

Yes i put the os carb on the hyper but havent started it yet. kinda afraid to. If I start it and it still doesnt run right im afraid Ill do somthing like Kevin and throw it against a tree!
I bought a new mach but was planning on putting it in my hyper 7 once its rebuilt.

oh and, hi scott

SManMTB 08-24-2005 04:29 PM

Looks like there will be a race at the Tiltyard labor day weekend! [sm=thumbup.gif]

WatcherKid 08-24-2005 05:40 PM

Sorry I couldn't post sooner.

Congrats, Joel, on making it into the A-Main.

I liked the starter box. :):)