RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   Charlottesville Racers Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/2989523-charlottesville-racers-thread.html)

Super_Dave 09-11-2005 10:33 PM

RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

Haha yeah same here with my V-6 that has 300,000 miles on it but dad in the camaro had no problem. I think we averaged about 80mph untill we got back into town. We passed Wayne and after a while he came back and passed us... after dad smoked him in the camaro he didn't seem to want anymore of it :D.

SManMTB 09-11-2005 11:25 PM

What are you guys talking about?

Thanks for the pit service and loaner tires Mike. [sm=thumbup.gif]

trackman 09-12-2005 06:19 AM

We told you long ago dave,beware of team MAC ATTACK!!! dave im a little dissapointed too. i didnt win the
way i wanted to but im happy anyway.would have been fun to take it from justin. he came over giving me
crap about not being able to go 20 min and he didnt make it himself. go figure.
i think joe ran things about as good as anyone could.great racing for the drivers and spectators.
and dave you gave me a good run ,more than i expected.that was a tight race for several minutes.
thanks for driving me clean. last but not least my pitman. it is his win as much as it is mine.
been several years but he hasnt missed a step.

slicks 09-12-2005 07:16 AM

Man I am still stoked about all the running yesterday -- had a blast!

When I get home tonight I'll take the clutch out of both buggies and see what the damage is. I hope it is just the bearings! It got a little dusty yesterday - a couple of times I lost site of my buggy in a dust cloud - so my thought is that maybe the clutch bearings got crunchy.

Kevin - no problem about the tires --- In fact - I am glad they came unglued because if that buggy drove any better yesterday - I think I would have a certain someone wanting one!!!!

Big Stampy 09-12-2005 07:57 AM

You want fries with that....

dockman2 09-12-2005 08:15 AM

Trust me Scott Ive lost a step, in fact I completely lost it yesterday. I cant walk this morning. Did something to my right foot and cant stand on it. Im just getting to old!

esridge 09-12-2005 08:47 AM

Hey guys (the other Eddie here) quick question.
Do digital servos make a clicking sound when moved?
I'm setting up my 777 and the servos seem to click/make weird noise, everything is new, setup is m11 with specktrum and jr digital servos.

Thanks for the help and let me know where you are running at this weekend.

trackman 09-12-2005 09:07 AM

we are all getting old. some just hide it better than others.
this is a first. monday morning, im at work,im in a good mood.
my drivers are trying to figure out whats wrong!!

eddie i dont know about your servos but i wouldnt think they should
be clicking.
would anyone be interested in a 5 dollar race for trophys this weekend?
i will sit out and watch the fun.

Big Stampy 09-12-2005 09:09 AM

I have trophies at the shop I brought back from Amherst. 3 series I think.

slicks 09-12-2005 09:56 AM

I am in for a race this weekend -- Sunday that is. Well - that depends on what I find tonight when I take my clutch apart.

Christian - I know you talked to me about racing at the Tilt Yard this weekend -- but I have some work in the yard to get completed and can't put it off any longer.

slicks 09-12-2005 09:59 AM

Eddie -- you probably thought of this but did you check you end-point adj? Is it possible that the servo is trying to push farther than the linkage can go? Try backing off to about 90% and see if they still click.

esridge 09-12-2005 10:08 AM

It's not when they reach there end-point, it's all the time when moveing.
I read that digital servos dont have a (dead range?) and that they make more noise but I dont know if this sound is normal.

ORIGINAL: slicks

Eddie -- you probably thought of this but did you check you end-point adj? Is it possible that the servo is trying to push farther than the linkage can go? Try backing off to about 90% and see if they still click.

slicks 09-12-2005 11:23 AM

Did you try doing a search on the 1/8th scale forum? I recall reading about digital servo's on that forum - but don't recall what it was all about. If you can't find what you are looking for using the search -- post a question -- it is worth a try. Just remember that a lot of the people there only repeat what they "heard" or read -- some of the guys there are very knowledgable -- you'll just have to cipher thru the replies.

Keep me posted as to what the problem is - if indeed there is a problem.

Super_Dave 09-12-2005 12:19 PM

ORIGINAL: trackman
dave you gave me a good run ,more than i expected.that was a tight race for several minutes.
thanks for driving me clean.
Yeah I had no problem keeping up with how fast you were going when I pushed wide and you got by I really did that so I wouldn't make a mistake infront of you (like i did behind you later) and screw us both up.

Eddie - Digital servos are very noisy but its more of a whine with the one I heard. Just take it apart and see if any gears are stripped or just have a tooth broken off. If not and everything looks right and works fine then don't worry about it.

SManMTB 09-12-2005 01:41 PM

"$5 Day"
Race at the TiltYard on Saturday Sept. 17. I really hope I can be there. Anyone else interested? It's only a $5 entry fee. He's got transponders just like they had in Amherst.

Eddie -- Are you still interested to run your truck in that race? I'll pit for you if you pit for me. I am not sure all the stuff fits in my car.

esridge 09-12-2005 07:51 PM

Scott right, I'm tring to get the user names figured out.
Let me see if I can.
I need to get some front tires for my truck if I dont maybe I'll just come to help.
I really want to get MY buggy up and running this weekend, Its all together just need to fine tune everything and break in the engine.
Are you guys running at your house on sun?

slicks 09-12-2005 08:39 PM

Eddie: let me help you out

Slicks = Joel
Trackman = Scott
Dockman2 = Kevin
SManMTB = Christian
503 = Rodney
fourwheels0 = Mike
Little Stampy = Dave
Big Stampy = well that IS Stampy
Zraceman - or ZMan or something like that is the Other Eddie - we sometimes refer to him as Fast Eddie
I am sure I forgot a couple of names - but you'll figure it all out soon.

The Eddie that Christian (SManMTB) was talking to was the other Eddie.

Sounds like we are going to run at Scotts this weekend/Sunday. $5 to race this weekend with trophies - just like the big times!!! We usually collect $1 or $2 per race day if you can afford it - if not you just contribute when you can. I'll explain to you this weekend what we have done with the money in the past.

Bring your buggy out Sunday - if you need an extra set of tires to use for the day let me know I can dig up a set for you. We don't start running until noon that allows Scotts neighbors some quiet Sunday a.m. time. Not sure what time the races will start - I am sure Scott will let us know by Thursday or Friday.

Alpharaptor 09-12-2005 09:02 PM

Guess what?! My brand new engine is now ruined! But I have GOOD news! I just just saved tons of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico!!!!

I think im going to cry...and go crazy...I'm so mad...yea I'm sure you see why.

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/9457/dscn13126sn.jpg
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/5802/dscn13136pj.jpg
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/9751/dscn13148tg.jpg

Both air filters were oiled...motor saver and everything. A voice in my head "told" me to check the filter before the A-main just in case, but by the time I had finished eating I only had time to switch out the tires. I dunno what to do...although I had a GREAT time yesterday, more fun that I have ever had in a long time, I think im screwed until whenever. :( There's still a good pinch left, but that could change, just like it did with my other "new" engine. Maybe I'll take it apart and take some high res, close detail shots of the piston and sleave, and you all could tell me what you think. The filter looked ok, not much dirt worked its way "around" the filter, it almost as if the dirt magically worked its way through both the motor saver and filter.

There's no way in h3|| I'm gonna be able to get a new engine, or piston and sleave, even IF I had the money my parents wouldn't want me spend money on it. Right now, dont even dare me to tell them about it. And IMO, I dunno what im doing wrong, but I my as well burn another hundred doller bill if I did. Sorry...Im venting...time to take some out on a pillow![:@][:@]

fourwheels0 09-12-2005 09:16 PM

oh my god!!! matt that really sucks. the only thing i can think of is somehow your filter wasn't on tight enuogh. either at the carb or where the filter connect's to the elbow. i've got a force 26 with only 1/2 a gallon threw it your more than welcome to it if you want all it needs is 2 head shims put in and it should be fine just pm me.

Super_Dave 09-13-2005 12:56 AM

A little bit of dirts ok I had a tiny bit one time with the engine I'm running now its probly going to take some life out though. The main problem is as the motors sucking in air its sucking some of the air filter oil down with it... as the oil starts to get thinner more and more dirt gets through the filter especially with how thin the dust is at the track we run on. Last sunday I ran 3 tanks for practice and changed the filter then one filter for the heats and one filter for the a-main and at the end of each one you can easily see where the oil has been sucked out and if I ran one more tank it probly would have started sucking dirt though.

Of corse I always do run with the dust boot and rinsed that out with water everytime I changed the filter but didn't oil it.

trackman 09-13-2005 06:20 AM

hey eddie we will start racing around 2pm. im not gonna race sun. i can help
you and joel finish up your buggys. i will be doing other things to keep things
moving along smoothly. we will also have FOOD. joel the plan is to have trophys
for the a and b mains.

hey chris are you going to make it or are you doing the tiltyard all weekend?

dave i dont know what your on but i want some!!!

slicks 09-13-2005 06:52 AM

Matt --- before you started and I looked at your filter it looked good --- I agree with Mike in that you must have been getting air at one of the connection points. If you take the engine apart clean it real good with something like WD40 and see if it still has some life left in it. Man this really stinks!!! On a good note you may want to approach Rodney and ask him if he wants to buy one of the carbs off of one of your RG's as that 20e carb fits his Hyper 21 - 8 port race engine and makes it easier to tune.

RODNEY - heads up on this one!! you should look into this!!! This carb (the OS 20e) does not have a middle needle to fool with so you'll only have 2 needles (high end and low end) to mess with. That 8 port race has a real finicky carb which is why I only let Scott and Kevin tune on it and never touched it myself. That engine can scream -- it is just a pain to tune.

Thanks Kevin -- I know I would like to finish breaking in that old Picco Comp that I have so it can be used.

slicks 09-13-2005 07:00 AM

Oh - I forgot..........

Kevin and Scott - I have been trying to talk with the guy I know that has a wood shop at his house about some sort of award plaque - but have not been able to hook up with him - we keep missing each other. I did go out and buy a dremel tool a couple of weeks back so when I do talk with Tom (the guy with the wood shop) if he has an easy and inexpensive way of making them I am ready.

So it is official it is a $5 entry fee for the race at Scott's which includes food and trophies this weekend -- sounds good to me!

I'll be out there about noon time.

esridge 09-13-2005 07:34 AM

How about sat.
Anyone runnnig that day?

Big Stampy 09-13-2005 07:36 AM

Matt--
I can do something with your engines that Tower can't and I am happy to do it. Worst case...I can resleeve at cost and carry the fee until you can afford it. How about bringing the original by and let me talk to Hobbico?
Stampy