RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   Charlottesville Racers Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/2989523-charlottesville-racers-thread.html)

fourwheels0 10-28-2005 11:31 AM

RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

stampy your so far "in" you'll never get out:D. if it wasn't for you alot of us wouldn't be here.
as far as a club i can't say much as i have not been involved long enough to know what is good or bad.
i will be involved with whatever happens one way or the other.:D

WatcherKid 10-28-2005 11:40 AM

I've been quiet lately.. Had to read 4 pages of posts. :eek:

trackman 10-28-2005 11:48 AM

im all for a club. as far as im concerned there will be a club. im not talking about sitting around a table making up
stupid rules and regulations and bylaw crap. we are are club now but without a name. we can give ourselves a
name and call it a club and not change the way things are now. everybody seems to be tip-toeing around this
whole thing. if you got something to say then say it. i think joel is coming out tonight and we will sit down and
get the ball rolling. the only thing that will change is we can call ourselves a club instead of a group. more than
likely i will start charging 5 bucks to run. ive always covered expenses out of pocket up to now but right now
i just cant afford to do it on my own.
as for the transponder issue, i think thats a damn nice offer from whoever it might be. you dont come across
nice generous people that often anymore. at the very least we should show some appreciation and not
assume theres something behind it. i think its a great offer and would be glad to have it.
and yes stampy the track\club or whatever is open to you and ANYONE ELSE who wishes to race or just
hang out. like i said nothing has to change, it will be what we make it to be,no more, no less.

WatcherKid 10-28-2005 11:49 AM

Oh.. Chip.. Nice to see you joined the forums.. I'm a little late with that.. (I'm the blonde haired kid who was talking to you along with Big ED that day at Scott's. )

Big Stampy 10-28-2005 12:14 PM

Wow. The AirSoft stuff just arrived. Everything from tanks that fire bb's to pistols and even semi/full auto rifles. Way cool!

YOU'LL PUT YOUR EYE OUT

RACENUT44 10-28-2005 12:45 PM

HI GUYS
BEING A PERSON THAT DOSE NOT RUN WITH YALL
BUT WANT TO IN THE FUTURE, 5 BUCKS TO RUN A BUGGY SOUNDS GOOD
IT IS A LOT OF WORK TO KEEP THE TRACK GOING
FUN IS WHAT WE ARE ALL LOOKING FOR
LATER DENNIS

Auspex 10-28-2005 12:52 PM

Airsoft sounds like fun and I'll probably show up to the open house...but let me know when the RCP shows up. That's what I'm waiting for.

Big Stampy 10-28-2005 01:02 PM

It's ordered but will take about a week.

slicks 10-28-2005 01:09 PM

I have been holding back all day....

I agree that simple is good. One of the reasons that I support a cohesive group (don't want to use the "C" word :D) is that we can accomplish more that way - whether it be to pay for track supplies, water, shirts etc... or hold races with cook-outs. Also we would be able to set race fee's and have more success in collecting for what is needed at the track. It is not just me shaking a coffee can asking for cash and no one really knowing where that money is going. Well ... I can tell you where each penny has gone - but that is not my point here.

Also - I have to agree that it is difficult to discuss these type of issues on an e-mail basis because statements are either not typed in a fashion that really reflects what the author is trying to convey -- or the message is misinterpreted. That is why in a previous post last week I asked if we could all get together to discuss in person. And, infact we did discuss a club concept last week while at Wayne's. No conclusions were drawn or agreements made - but we were able to speak to our concerns and I know that I have a better feel for what others idea's and concerns re: this issue were/are.

My next thought is that we are all putting the horse before the cart. One of the reasons that I am going down to Amherst this weekend is so I can talk with them about how they formed their club (there is the "C" word) and how the club interfaces with the two privately owned tracks that they use. My thought is that if they made it work lets find out how they did it and why they decided to move in that direction and how it benefits the entire group of racers and the tracks. Personally - I find it difficult to discuss a club when I don't know how it would work. I would find it easier if I had an understanding of how a club would work for us and then address the ideas of all via that avenue.

As for the transponder system - first a big THANKS to whom ever has made that offer - very generous. However - we really need a framework with which it is to be accepted and used (I think at least) -- and we don't have that now. What we do have is a group of people from various backgrounds that enjoys to race and also enjoys each others company on Sundays. I say let us see if we can come together as a group and formalize it to some extent so we can gain from a collective group of individuals all pointed in the same direction. Stampy - this is no slant on you by any stretch and it is not meant to be. My personal belief is that we should really come together as a group to better use the equipment and ask if there are any conditions with that use. I think that as a business person you understand and more than likely agree --- well I hope you do! If you don't then I apologize in advance, but I think you know me well enough to understand that I am only wanting to be fair here. For instance - if the unit breaks or transponders fail - or need to be replaced, then who does all of that fall to?

When I think about groups that are saving every penny they can get to purchase a system and here we are with the potential for one for free --- WOW what an opportunity! However, with this opportunity comes responsibility on our parts to make sure that we have its continuous use.

hhhhmmmmmm..... I guess that is more than 2 cents worth huh? Maybe a nickle?

OK - I feel better know - just got back from lunch and feeling good!!!

Auspex 10-28-2005 01:09 PM

Very exciting. I am very grateful that you are supplying a place to race. There are a ton of Mini-Z owners that have no where to run and we have some really good drivers in the area. I think it's awesome that you are sacrificing display space to keep us running.

If you need any help getting things moved around or setup, just drop me an email and I can come help out.

Thanks again Stampy, I thought maybe I would have to go to DC to drive my "silly little cars"

slicks 10-28-2005 01:21 PM

Auspex -- I am not sure who you are. I am Joel and don't know if we have met or not. We used to run the Zs at Stampy's but got blown away by the 8th scale buggies -- you should come out and watch some time -- it really is a blast.

SManMTB 10-28-2005 01:26 PM

ORIGINAL: trackman

im all for a club. as far as im concerned there will be a club. im not talking about sitting around a table making up
stupid rules and regulations and bylaw crap. we are are club now but without a name. we can give ourselves a
name and call it a club and not change the way things are now. everybody seems to be tip-toeing around this
whole thing. if you got something to say then say it. i think joel is coming out tonight and we will sit down and
get the ball rolling. the only thing that will change is we can call ourselves a club instead of a group. more than
likely i will start charging 5 bucks to run. ive always covered expenses out of pocket up to now but right now
as for the transponder issue, i think thats a damn nice offer from whoever it might be. you dont come across
nice generous people that often anymore. at the very least we should show some appreciation and not
assume theres something behind it. i think its a great offer and would be glad to have it.
and yes stampy the track\club or whatever is open to you and ANYONE ELSE who wishes to race or just
hang out. like i said nothing has to change, it will be what we make it to be,no more, no less.

That's cool. [sm=thumbup.gif]

Big-ED 10-28-2005 01:29 PM

[sm=thumbup.gif]

ORIGINAL: SManMTB

ORIGINAL: trackman

That's cool. [sm=thumbup.gif]
[sm=thumbup.gif]

slicks 10-28-2005 01:46 PM

Scott - I got long winded with my message and didn't see your's.

Keeping it simple is good with me. Yes - I'll be there tonight - I need a beer after that long message I wrote :D

Auspex 10-28-2005 01:47 PM

Joel,

I am not sure if we've met. (I guess Stampy would know) I am James. I used to race the Z's quite a bit last fall/winter. I brought in a couple of ramps for the track...I have a Corvette MR01 (now Mercedes), My MR02 was probably a McLaren, and I was usually giving Dave and Eddie a run for their money. We'll towards the end with the F1's I was giving Dave some competition. I might have beat him once but I think he only had three wheels or something.

Anyway, I might come out and check out the buggies. The problem is that my big money pit is really mountain biking and I don't think I can afford to work my way into another faction of RC's. :)

By the way, did you used to post with the same handle on Mini-zracer.com ?

slicks 10-28-2005 02:15 PM

James -- If we met - it was briefly at Stampy's. We (my daughter and I) haven't raced Zs in a long time and never did at Stampy's current shop.

Yes - I did use "SLICKS" as my post name on the MiniZracer forum -- that was some time ago!

Mountain Bikes -- you do need to come out and see us -- Christian mountain bikes I believe.

Auspex 10-28-2005 02:21 PM

Hmmm....I had assumed that Slicks was Kevin when I saw the posts on MZR. Maybe we have met in passing. I only got into Z's shortly after Stampy moved to the new shop, so I guess we have never crossed paths on the track. I spent enough time there thought that I must have at least seen you once or twice.

I'll get myself out to that track one of these days. When do you guys usually run?

trackman 10-28-2005 02:23 PM

yeah joel i could stand about 10-12 right now myself. i didnt realize i wrote that much.
i think we keep it simple like it is now and we wont have any problems.
i see no reason why ALL of us cant make it work.
the last big problem we had was when the frig went empty!!!:D:D:D

hey mike did you say you would be out tonight?

SManMTB 10-28-2005 02:30 PM

ORIGINAL: slicks

James -- If we met - it was briefly at Stampy's. We (my daughter and I) haven't raced Zs in a long time and never did at Stampy's current shop.

Yes - I did use "SLICKS" as my post name on the MiniZracer forum -- that was some time ago!

Mountain Bikes -- you do need to come out and see us -- Christian mountain bikes I believe.
I do, haven't been on a MTB ride in a year now. :( I miss MTB in Arizona, awesome stuff.

Big Stampy 10-28-2005 02:34 PM

The new tanks are German Tiger Tanks. Maybe the paintball guns can be mounted on them, hehehehe. :)

slicks 10-28-2005 02:40 PM

Hey - I have an idea. We should all get paint guns and shoot at Rodney's truck and buggies -- heck they don't run for crap now - maybe we can knock some speed in to them :D:D:D

Sorry Rodney just couldn't resist!

slicks 10-28-2005 02:41 PM

empty fridge --- not good!

fourwheels0 10-28-2005 03:41 PM

ya but not till about 9pm or so is that too late?

trackman 10-28-2005 03:49 PM

come on out mike, ill be WFO!!!!

fourwheels0 10-28-2005 03:53 PM

WFO? fill me in.

dockman2 10-28-2005 04:43 PM

Wide ******* Open.:D

Super_Dave 10-29-2005 01:14 AM

James! I thought you fell off the face of the earth! If you haven't noticed by the name this is Dave. Well the track came down because we needed the room but we have been looking into getting an RCP track and making the racks where the track use to be moveable for racedays. Oh yeah and the last F1 race we had you won fair and square and I still never had the chance to regain the title :). I've been telling you to get into gas but you never did... trust me when you come out to watch a race you will have to get your hands on a buggy and you wont let go... especially if you liked the racing in mini-zs. Some races were very tight and consistant not being able to close or gain ground in mini-zs but with the buggies its typical off-road. You will have the tight competition driving within inchs of eachother and you need to fight to catch the guy infront of you or stay infront of the guy behind you but its also who handles the track the best just because theres so many variables on the track compaired to the consistant mini-z surface. With how you drove mini-zs once you get the hang of a buggy you would deffinatly be someone I'd look out for up front.

Tonight at Scott's a few of us got together and had a lot of ideas cleared up about the club and seemed to agree on the way things need to go... but we just need EVERYONE who races to come together in person, talk about it, and agree on it. Lets just not create any problems about a club before we even have a club again please :eek:. I don't like seeing that stuff on this thread. If your concerned about the racing changing... from my understanding the fun racing we are having now will not change at all... if anything it will only get better by having the money to make impovements to the tracks and it will deffinatly benifit for anyone whos driving on the track.

RACENUT44 10-29-2005 07:21 PM

HI GUYS
WE HAD A GOOD AFTERNOON OF RUNNIG
HERE IS A PICTURE OF THE CARS WE HAD TODAY
HOPE TO MEET UP WITH YOU GUYS ONE DAY SOON
POWHATAN VA.
LATER DENNIS

RACENUT44 10-29-2005 07:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
SORRY
THE PICTURES

slicks 10-29-2005 08:22 PM

wow -- looks nice. You are going to have to post directions to your track and your race schedules.

slicks 10-30-2005 08:38 PM

Hey All --- WHERE IS EVERYONE?

Well we had a blast in Amherst. The track was in great shape. It is a smaller track and as Randy said it is a real drivers track. It was a lot of fun. Manders smoked the competition and took TQ and 1st place. I had 3rd place going in to the A but I have a leak someplace in my tank so I decided not to run so I could watch the race.

OH -- Manders is now officially on line. Her forum name is nitrogirl.

So -- how did the racing go here locally today? Any discussion as to where we will be racing next weekend? Keep us posted.

HPIKID18 10-30-2005 09:39 PM

Joel,

Good racing today. Thanks again for the support and the comp. The website is updated, if you want to check it out. [link]http://www.centralvaraceclub.com[/link]

fourwheels0 10-30-2005 09:59 PM

hey joel you didn't tell us that amanda got a TROPHY for first.
good job amanda bring back the gold!!!!!

dockman2 10-31-2005 12:27 AM

Thats my girl. Great job Amanda! Another reason for the guys in C'ville to worry about you. Good job Joel for placing 3rd in qualifying. We didnt actually race today. We went to Waynes and some people worked on his track patching rough spots etc. Then it turned into a practice day. Some of us went to Scotts to make some changes there.

Just so everyone knows we are forming a club. The name is CRC (Charlottesville Racing Club). The annual dues are $25 and as a member you will get a T-shirt and then race fees will be $5. Non-members will be $10. At Trophy races the fee will be $10 and non-members will be $15. The money will be used for upkeep and improvement for the 2 tracks such as pipe etc. The dues will start in November and last until next November when you renew. Joel will be in charge of taking care of the money. For this hassle he has to endure he will race for free just so everyone knows.
The first race will be at Scotts next weekend.
As for the offer for a transponder system everyone is happy for it and want it. There are still questions about responsibility and conditions(if any) for its use but that shouldnt be a problem. Each track will be run by the owner and decisions about the track/rules will done by the owner. That shouldnt be a problem either since both owners will take suggestions from the racers. Basically we are going to go with the "KISS" method (Keep It Simple Stupid!). This way we will gather funds to maintain and improve both tracks but at the same time keep the racing fun.

Super_Dave 10-31-2005 01:01 AM

Its about time you made your own name Amanda! Very nice job at CVRC.

Scott's track was in great condition today and its going to be a fun race on Sunday. The changes to the track are small but they will mix things up a little and I think everyone will like them.

slicks 10-31-2005 08:19 AM

Mike -- oh yeah -- they do a nice race at CVRC!

Kevin -- thanks for posting the club info. This is good news! I had a chance to speak with Todd and Mike yesterday about thier club and it is formed fairly loose to keep it simple and it works very well for them. They had some computer software problems yesterday and I was wondering if we could burn them a copy of your software program. I am not sure what there computer system requirements are - but they were using a lap top yesterday. I just thought it would be good if we could help them out a little. Not sure if you can copy it or not - - if not that is ok too.

Will there be a charge to run at the race next weekend? Glad to hear that we are back in the running at Scott's. I know that a couple of the guys in Amherst want to come up and race at Scott's. What classes are we going to run (other than buggies of course!). What time will the racing start? Just remember that the sun sets at about 5:20 p.m. today and it gets a little earlier each day. Winter stinks don't it?

Watching the guys in Amherst yesterday some of them have real good throttle control and they are getting into the buggies in a big way -- come next year I think that we will have some very good out of town competition! It will be fun to build a racing relationship with them. They are alot like us -- all they want to do is kick up some dirt and have fun!

OK - the furnace guy will be here soon gotta go.

trackman 10-31-2005 08:25 AM

hey joel sounds like you two had a good time. congradulations to amanda. sorry i coundnt make it but
stuff happens. i got everything taken care of and then started working on the track getting ready for
next weekend. track looks great, it should make for good racing next weekend. we made a small change
on the track that will benefit everyone.
it seems like the club is a go, we had a lot of discusion about it. if you have any questions give me a call.

joel i think the change will help you more than anyone.

slicks 10-31-2005 08:46 AM

Scott -- we had a good time.

Yep - I'll need to sit down with you (and Wayne?) to talk about what is expected etc... As I told you on Friday I am glad to step up and assist. I knew that we could all find common ground - just had to weed thru the stuff to get there is all and that is not uncommon when you think about it.

I think the only thing that would help me other than a new set of eyes - is a track so short that I wouldn't have a chance to run into anything:D -- So what changes did you make?

Any thought as to a charge to race and what time the races will start?

trackman 10-31-2005 09:39 AM

joel i think we need to start by 1 pm. 5 dollars a person, buggy and trucks. i changed the start gate
so it will hold the trucks also.
do you know who is coming from amherst?

Auspex 10-31-2005 10:02 AM

Hey guys,

I know I only have something like 5 posts on this board so I don't want to start any trouble but I just wanted to let you know that there is already a club in C-ville with that exact same name.

CRC or the Charlottesville Racing Club is a cycling club in town that hosts mountain bike and road races. I am a member and we even have a website. [link=http://www.cvilleracing.org]www.cvilleracing.org[/link]

If you check it out you can see the Halloween race that I helped organize.

and Dave

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I am not writing the buggys completely off. I still plan on coming out there at some point to watch. I have been hesitating because I am pretty sure that I'll get addicted if I let myself go out there. You gotta setup road blocks you know...:DAlso, I talked to Stampy a little bit the other day about the track. I am pretty excited that there will be a Mini track to race on. Watch out [>:]