RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   Charlottesville Racers Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/2989523-charlottesville-racers-thread.html)

Super_Dave 09-22-2005 07:50 PM

RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

Hahaha thats good. [sm=biggrin.gif]

fourwheels0 09-22-2005 08:17 PM

as far as all that mumbo jumbo all i can say is DILLIGAF.

lets see who remembers that one:D

SManMTB 09-22-2005 08:21 PM

Does It Look Like I Give A F***

fourwheels0 09-22-2005 08:40 PM

we have a winner:D

ya i thought some of the OLDER crowd might remember.

or those that can remember:D:D:D

Super_Dave 09-22-2005 11:52 PM

Eh.... old people... younger generation doesn't need that because we have leet speak [8D].

dockman2 09-23-2005 12:41 AM

OK, you guys are really bored and have waaaaaaaay to much time on your hands. Even my life is not that sad.

Now on to important stuff. Are we racing at Waynes this weekend? If so cool, I have his computer so I can take care of that. We really need to get out there and start racing at his track after all the hard work and money put into his track.

Joel I dont think Amanda really "needs" a Mach 26 but I think she would like it. With a JP-1 it pulls hard and has more than enough top end. If I had the correct gearing on mine when she drove it Im sure she would have had you order one already! I dont think you can beat it for the price. Those Mac motors are tough but I think Scott is the only one who can handle it and honestly I dont think he needs it. He would do just as well with a Mach 26 or an RG. I still dont think its the motor thats winning or holding anyone back. Its the driver! Its about not making mistakes. Fast dosnt mean squat if you hit stuff or wreck.

Now where is Rodney? I hope I didnt scare him off. Rodney I was just having fun and I couldnt pass it up.

trackman 09-23-2005 05:54 AM

NO MORE RACING. STILL CONFUSED . SELLING EVERYTHING. IVE HAD ENOUGH. ITS ALL CHRIS'S FAULT.

yeah waynes on sunday.

slicks 09-23-2005 06:56 AM

Kevin -- her engine still has a lot of life left in it. What made me start thinking of engines for her was that when I took the engine off of her buggy to replace the clutch bearings (after the Amherst race) I noticed that the crank shaft had a little play in it. I am sure that it is just bearing wear due to her running it for some 6 months now. You know me - I like to read and research things - so I figured I would start asking some questions. I thought about getting her a MAC - they are available, I talked with them - she really liked Scott's - but I do have to agree that she doesn't need that kind of power for the tracks we run on.

Maybe what I need to do is start looking at getting her a JP1 and then when it is time for an engine I won't have to worry about a better pipe. I am also going to start watching the Mach's closer.

I may try to get out to Wayne's on Sunday afternoon to watch and see what Rodney has going - it will all depend on how much stuff I can get done on Saturday and what time we get home Sunday. If not - I'll see everyone the following weekend.

Big-ED 09-23-2005 07:47 AM

What tires are you guys running at waynes?
DO I need to do anything to protect my engine their? (like a plastic bubble) no really..how many foams for air filter will I need

later

slicks 09-23-2005 08:17 AM

ED -- what you need for your air filter is the pre-filter foam -- I always try to have 1 or 2 cleaned and oiled ones with me. Make sure you oil the pre-filter when running at Wayne's. Some don't like to oil the pre-filter - but the general rule is that when buggis kick up large clouds of dust on the track, you oil the prefilter. I always oil mine no matter what anyways - I figure it cost less to do that than replace an engine.

Not sure what condition the track is at Wayne's -- seeing as we haven't had any rain in a long time it is hard to tell. If you have Crime Fighters you are ok if it is a hard packed track -- if it is real dusty - as it can get there - you will need something like the stock kyosho tires or bad lands or mug shots. Something with some big lugs to dig thru the loose dirt. I don't know if the moab's will work out there or not. Stampy may have some of the Mug Shot permounted tires in his shop -- I bought some from him at the Amherst race and they worked well there and worked well at Scotts too after all the dust kicked up.

SManMTB 09-23-2005 08:48 AM

ORIGINAL: trackman

NO MORE RACING. STILL CONFUSED . SELLING EVERYTHING. IVE HAD ENOUGH. ITS ALL CHRIS'S FAULT.

yeah waynes on sunday.

Ohhnoooo what have I done? [sm=drowning.gif]

SManMTB 09-23-2005 08:52 AM

ORIGINAL: Big-ED

What tires are you guys running at waynes?
DO I need to do anything to protect my engine their? (like a plastic bubble) no really..how many foams for air filter will I need

later
Badlands + A bag of spare oil filters. Change every 10 mins or so. The dust out there finds it's way through anything.

dockman2 09-23-2005 09:25 AM

Hi Bill.:D

dockman2 09-23-2005 09:34 AM

Im with Joel. Make sure your filter is well oiled and then oil the prefilter. I have several of each oiled and ready to go. Check after each run to be sure the filter is ok. With an oiled prefilter you can slip it off and put on a new one. Amherst conditions were about the same as Waynes track, lots and LOTS of dust. Amanda drove my buggy for a tank to get used to it, then a 5min qualifier, and the a 20 min Amain. I never changed the filter. The prefilter was dirty but the main filter was only dirty in the front where most of the dirt hit. The back half of the filter was still clean. If needed I could just change the prefilter and it would be OK.

Big-ED 09-23-2005 10:57 AM

Can someone meet me a sheetz on sun so I can follow them to the track?
You tell me a time.

fourwheels0 09-23-2005 11:57 AM

big-ED no problem i can meet you at sheets at 12:00 if thats ok. just look for a blue crown victoria with a bike rack on the back.

this question is for scott,kevin do i need to retune my buggy with a new pipe.
i just got a jp-1 if so can one of you guys help me out.:D thanks. see ya

octospider0 09-23-2005 12:58 PM

hi Kevin

Big-ED 09-23-2005 02:09 PM

Cool thanks, I will meet you there at 12:00

SManMTB 09-23-2005 04:06 PM

I think I am going to pass this weekend. Buggy overdose. I look forward to a maintenance weekend.

Super_Dave 09-23-2005 07:46 PM

Like Kevin said just make sure you bring pleanty of extra filters and pre-filters and oil the inside of both. Its raining tonight and it supost to rain tomorrow so it will be really good for Wayne's track to pack everything down but its still going to be dust... no hose to water the track like at Scott's. Tires would be anything for somewhat loose dirt. With this rain it should pack down a lot of loose dirt so I think the best tire choice would be the Mug Shots (we have one set left at Stampy's). Just make sure you have atleast somewhat of an aggressive tread. Any tires work of corse and crime fighters are OK but you might have some trouble staying hooked up.

Mike I know that question was directed towards Scott or Kevin but yes you will need to retune your motor anytime you change a pipe. The change in backpressure doesn't only change how the motor breaths but it also changes fuel pressure. I can help you tune it aswell... I'm only the one who broke that motor in and everyone seems to think I have my Mach .26 running well :).

fourwheels0 09-24-2005 02:18 PM

update!!! wayne's track has lots of WATER on it. the corner before the big jump is almost completly flooded.

anybody have pontoon's?:D

slicks 09-24-2005 05:05 PM

so is it still a race at Wayne's on Sunday? Mind you I am not racing tomorrow - we have some stuff to do after church and I have to finish painting the basement doors -- but was thinking of stopping by to watch the race and maybe help drink a few beers [X(]

Just need for someone who is racing to make the call as to where the race is going to be.

OH - I think that Christian can help out with the boat supplies!

Big-ED 09-24-2005 06:18 PM

ANy news on where we are racing at tommorow?

Kevin, I will see you where ever we are at.

SManMTB 09-24-2005 08:30 PM

I've got an inflatable raft in the basement.

I'm definately not running tomorrow. Knocked out with a bad cold. have fun guys. [sm=thumbup.gif]

Super_Dave 09-24-2005 08:57 PM

You don't need pontoons just pattle tires and we can hydroplane :D. I'll be there no matter what its never going to be flooded enough to where these buggies can't get through it. Mud wont put anymore wear and tear on these buggies as that really fine dust does. Even if it is that flooded we can bypass that section of the track.

Chris I hope you feel better soon.