RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   Charlottesville Racers Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/2989523-charlottesville-racers-thread.html)

trackman 06-13-2005 07:06 AM

RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

HEY JOEL WHO IS OCTOSPIDERO SOUNDS LIKE RODNEY I MIGHT GO SUNDAY TO WATCH BUT UNDECIDED

slicks 06-13-2005 08:38 AM

Scott -- OctoSpider is Bill..... you know, come to think of it - you never do see those two guys at the same time do you? hhhmm maybe you and Kevin are correct in calling him Rodney!!!! :D:D

Did you sell your OS RG to Eddie yesterday? He said something about breaking in an engine last night? I figured that you were the only one there with a new engine sitting in the box.

dockman2 06-13-2005 09:26 AM

They had a Hyper motor sitting around. I think its one they sent in for rebuild.

I really had thought about the fact you never see them both at the same time. That would explain alot.:D

slicks 06-13-2005 10:13 AM

OK -- I remember that Wayne sent in that engine -- forgot about that.

Scott -- you should think about running in the race on Sunday!

ZRaceman01 06-13-2005 10:42 AM

We had a Hyper 7 sitting around the house and we blew up the Force 26 on my old Ultra LX Pro. You remember the one that the clutch was not right on. I am going to tune on it today. Hope I do not mess up.

ZRaceman01 06-13-2005 10:45 AM

I am going to talk to my dad and see if we can go and watch that race. I will talk later.

octospider0 06-13-2005 11:52 AM

Scott,

Just so you know
Ponch thinks...
http://www.petforum.com/ponchhomo.jpg

trackman 06-13-2005 01:54 PM

w
well bill i was in a good mood this morn but now is not the case . atleast rodney would think of something more original
joel if you or anyone else wants that motor just let me know .

fourwheels0 06-13-2005 01:54 PM

slicks $475 includes futaba 2pl radio 1 servo and reciever $65 1 futaba 3305 servo $36 hyper 7 tq kit $239 os 21 rg(p) buggy sport motor $109 ofna compact starter box $55 plus $25 discount= roughly $475 also i have to figure in clutch bell clutch nut clutch and anything else i might have forgotten. if you think of anything i forgot let me know. also i want to go to the race on sunday do you know who else is going. see ya. mike

SManMTB 06-13-2005 02:07 PM

Doesn't the kit come with flywheel + clutch + clutch bell?
I'm going to the race.

Scott, that RG is without the carb right. Doing the math here shows that RG - carb = $109.99 - $66.99 = $43 :D I'll take it..... just kidding. ;)

fourwheels0 06-13-2005 02:18 PM

i just looked and it does have the clutch. but i forgot to add a pipe.(duh) what do you think is a good pipe for that motor.see ya.

SManMTB 06-13-2005 02:21 PM

I run the OS-T2050 but that's $125 including manifold. I guess the JP-1 or even JP-2 would do fine. Ask Kevin, I think he has a JP-1.

octospider0 06-13-2005 02:41 PM

pretty sure Kevin runs the JP-2 (lowend pipe)

SManMTB 06-13-2005 02:49 PM

I thought JP-1 was the low-end?!

slicks 06-13-2005 02:58 PM

The JP1 is the low end pipe

Mike does the TQ kit come with a pipe? Double check on that.

When I bought the OS RG for Amanda - it did not come with a fly wheel, collet, clutch shoes or springs or a regular clutch nut. I think you can get all of those items in a kit. Yes don't forget the clutch bell and a a clutch shim kit.

What starter box were you looking at? Do you have the model number? If I recall Dave tried one of the new ofna starter boxes and it didn't line up at all.

Sounds like a good starter kit.

trackman 06-13-2005 05:59 PM

hey chris the motor has never been out of box i was thinking 100.00

SManMTB 06-13-2005 06:00 PM

So it still has the carb on it?

Never mind. I got enough parts.

slicks 06-13-2005 06:35 PM

Scott -- I know that Mike is looking at getting an OS RG -- he may be interested.

Hey all --- I got a message back from Joe in Amherst -

he said that there are no pit tables - so we'll need to bring our own.

Parking is about 20 - 30 yards from the pit area - so you may want to think about a way to transport your gear.

Restrooms will be available

Electricity will be at the site - but he didn't go too much in to that - so not sure how many outlets. I would recommend that you charge everything before you go.

He also provided me with directions - which pretty much follows what Kevin posted earlier. I am at home now - but will try to print/copy them here so everyone has a copy. He also said that he has or will soon post the directions on their new site.

He said we can register at the race - but there is a cut-off time for that so make sure you get there early.

slicks 06-13-2005 08:59 PM

www.blueridgeraceway.com

this is the site for the race place in Amherst. The site is "under construction" -- but there are directions to the race.....so there you have it!

slicks 06-13-2005 09:30 PM

4Wheels -- I looked at that starter box you mentioned above -- it looks like the one that another guy (Dave) had - he returned it because he couldn't get his Ofna MBX to line up on it... you may want to do a little more shopping on that item. Do you have a bump box for your other trucks? if so can you make do with that one?

Sounds like you have just about everything listed. You are correct that with the RG you'll need a flywheel, clutch shoes, collett, clutch springs, clutch nut. Ofna does have some sets with these items in them - but I didn't see one that had everything with a regular clutch nut (w/o pilot shaft). Hey -- Scott has a new OS RG engine for sale, you may want to talk to him. Not sure how much he wants for it - you'll have to ask him.

Regarding the race in Amherst == so far it looks like Amanda, myself, Lil Stampy, Christian and you. Eddie is not sure if he can go and I think that Bill is giving it some thought (talking with the boss probably). I know that Kevin has a family commitment and Scott is giving it some thought about going to watch and check it out but not race. I think that Bill "I REALLY like Ponch" The Fish Guy was thinking of going to watch and not race too.

paperclipracer 06-13-2005 09:46 PM

Hey all you central Va rc'ers we are opening Hobby town usa in richmond, on broadstreet. pm me or emaile me for more details we open on wensday see you there!

dockman2 06-13-2005 10:37 PM

Hey Mike, the TQ kit comes with everything you need like the pipe, flywheel, clutch, and clutchbell.
Where are you looking to buy from? At Tower Hobbies you can get a Duratrax starter box (#LXHAR1) that is the exact same as my OFNA for $79.99. It has the power panel, plug in glo igniter, and battery. You just need the charger for the Batt but its $10.99 down at the bottom of the page showing the starter box. That a pretty good deal.

Hey Bill, is that a poster you have on your wall at home? Things are becoming much clearer about you now.:D

SManMTB 06-13-2005 10:52 PM

The Duratrax starter box (#LXHAR1) is a 1/10 scale starter, will that fit?
I'm using the OFNA 1/8 starter with 2 motors (LXCLD8) for $65 (no power panel).

fourwheels0 06-13-2005 11:14 PM

kevin ya everything is from tower. i need to look into the starter box. also is the motor i looking at the right one (pilot shaft or not) i think it is if not PLEASE let me know. i'd hate to get the wrong one. p.s. if bill has that poster on ANY wall we are in big trouble. sorry bill. see ya.

dockman2 06-13-2005 11:47 PM

Yeah its the same as my OFNA box. You just have to open it and turn the dual motor/wheel assembly sideways for the buggy. I had to do the same to my box. Its about the best deal Ive seen. The exact same setup from OFNA is $105 bucks.

Mike you want PS motor not the standard crank. You will see the longer shaft in the photos.