RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   Charlottesville Racers Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/2989523-charlottesville-racers-thread.html)

fourwheels0 09-24-2005 09:25 PM

RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

ok dave let's just see how big and bad that mach26 is hauling around 20lbs of mud.:D
you'd better bring a pressure washer haha.

i'll be there at about 12:30. with a camera:D

Super_Dave 09-24-2005 10:06 PM

Hell yeah and my badlands... I'll bet $5 I'll make it through :D. Like I said we can always bypass that part of the track.

dockman2 09-25-2005 01:20 AM

OK we are at Waynes on Sunday, Rain or Shine! I think it supposed to warm up so the track will dry out. Hopefully not too much that way the dust will stay down. Im bringing the computer so even if we dont have enough to have a race I can set us up for heats to get lap times. We can run as many as we want and use it as a base line and tuning aid. Everyone needs to come out and show support for Waynes track whether your running or not( ok Chris your sick so we will let you off this time;))! He has spent a lot of time and money on this track and we need to start running on it. In fact we need to start a points series between Scotts and Waynes. Lets get it started!
Ed I will be there.
Joel come on out!
Chris, lots of fluids (and not beer)
Eddie, you suck!
Amanda, YOU RULE GIRL!!!:D
Rodney, bring your hand starter, we may need it.
Mike... well this goes back to Eddie... YOU SUCK!

dockman2 09-25-2005 02:00 AM

A couple of points of interest open for discussion. First thing is Scott and I talked about a couple of other racing classes. How many would be willing to run 2wd ST's? Also we are looking at running 4wd electric buggies next weekend, Joel get Amandas ready.
We want to get some other classes going. Also get out those MT's!
Now this is just me but who would be interested in Tank battles? Ive been looking at the Iwaver tanks at Tower. They cost $100 bucks and have full function. Complete movement, turrent move 330deg, gun raises, all from the control. When you shoot the gun recoils and shoots a laser. A sensor picks it up to detect a hit. Honestly these things are way to cool and I think we could have a blast (no pun intended) with them and it would be something different. Dont make me be the only one who gets one (or 2)!

Big Stampy 09-25-2005 08:40 AM

Hope the Iwaver tanks are better than Iwaver immitation Mini-Z's were. The electronics got fried easily. Haven't decided whether to carry the tanks.

dockman2 09-25-2005 10:00 AM

I guess I shouldnt have said "RAIN" or shine. Kind of nasty looking out but hey... at least its not hot!:D
Im still going out and hope everyone else shows up also. You never know, it still might be worth the ride.

fourwheels0 09-25-2005 10:11 AM

alright everybody lets get out there!!!!!!
big-ED 12:00 sheets.
kevin YOU SUCK!!!!!
dave lets see those badlands rock.
anybody else get moving!!!!!

slicks 09-25-2005 11:35 AM

I don't have anything ready or charged -- but if this crappy weather holds there will be no painting for me today -- I have to pick-up Amanda at approx. 2:00 so I'll be out there around 3:00 if everything goes as planned today.

slicks 09-25-2005 11:40 AM

Oh - Manders won't be racing for the next 4 or 5 weeks. Her weekends are booked solid between church and marching band competitions. She is going to be pissed about missing the electric buggy races - I can already hear it!!!

Man - I haven't run my ST in soooo long -- I still think that the suspension on the 10th scale stadium trucks is the best --- not sure if I want to race them or just sell all that I have and I have a lot of tires and parts too!!! hhhhmmmm racing in 2 classes of RC = MORE $$$$

SManMTB 09-25-2005 01:52 PM

Thanks for letting me off the hook Kevin. ;)
I agree we should go tho Wayne's more. It's a fun track and he did do a lot of work and spent money on it.

A limited points series is cool. 4 races and we count 3? $2 fee to pay for some bling bling to the winner of the series.

I'm sticking with 1 class myself. More than one is too much for me.

Big-ED 09-25-2005 08:56 PM

Lots of fun today guys..
Thanks wayne and eddie for the track, Kevin for the Buggy, Dave for the setup help..(what days do you work this week and I will drop off a body/paint ?), everyone for the laughs..
Are you guys thinking about a series this year or next year? I think it would be fun and would be down for it.

Super_Dave 09-25-2005 09:38 PM

Your welcome for the setup tips and I work Tuesday - Saturday from about 12:30 untill I finish working on stuff.

Great day of racing at Wayne's that rain really packed the dirt down well.

I'm up for 2wd ST and of corse the point series would be nice to finally get going.

If other people get tanks I'll be sure to get one in no time.

Big Stampy 09-26-2005 07:34 AM

The Iwaver tankss are on the way....;)

trackman 09-26-2005 09:41 AM

big ed your killing me spending all that money. im trying to keep up with you.
i just bought another car, needed it like a hole in my head.
if anybody has anything for sale bring it out sunday. i will have a lot of stuff to get rid of. cheap!!!!

Big-ED 09-26-2005 10:13 AM

Scott,

Come on, you have been in this hobby alot longer than me, I'm tring to catch up to you..:D
That was just to good of a deal from kevin to pass up, and if I hit that stake at your track again, I made need another buggy to run..;)
plus I have the sp1 chassis, shock towers, etc. that came with my sp2.
What car did you get?
anybody want to buy any paintball stuff thats all I have to sell?

ORIGINAL: trackman

big ed your killing me spending all that money. im trying to keep up with you.
i just bought another car, needed it like a hole in my head.
if anybody has anything for sale bring it out sunday. i will have a lot of stuff to get rid of. cheap!!!!

Big-ED 09-26-2005 10:20 AM

I was also thinking about a making the other kit a truggy.
Anybody interested in truggy racing?

trackman 09-26-2005 10:30 AM

XR/80 onroad. i have a need for cheap speed. they claim it will do 80 mph.
i want to see for myself!!! should have it by end of week. now i need to get rid
of some. i think the PCR is already sold.
what stake did you hit? let me know ill fix it before something does get broke.
randy is planning on coming up sunday to race.if they bring a lot of trucks
i might get mine out.
maybe rodney will even show up,screwdriver in hand!!!!:D:D:D:D

Big-ED 09-26-2005 10:38 AM

The stake on the right side of the straightaway like 10-20 feet from the start box.
Hit that bi$#! twice, once in the B-main..
I think I cracked it.

Super_Dave 09-26-2005 11:00 AM

Haha yeah its hard to miss... he split it in half. Good thing these buggys are tough I took a few hard tumbles at Wayne's yesterday.

If I had more money I'd make a truggy but for now all I'll have to race is my 777 and XXX-NT.

slicks 09-26-2005 11:02 AM

sounds like an RC flea market -- I'll bring my 10th scale stuff with me!!

Scott is that an 8th scale car you are getting? I know you have been looking at them for a while.

Who is thinking about buying your PCR?

trackman 09-26-2005 11:26 AM

yeah joel its 1/8 scale. dockman is thinking about the pcr. he will let me know
this weekend.
bring your stuff joel. we will use a table just for the goodies.

slicks 09-26-2005 11:43 AM

Scott --- sounds like you are going to need a big parking lot for that bad boy!! Can't wait to check it out.

OK -- I'll bring my 10th scale stuff to sell/trade - sounds cool! The only 10th scale stuff I can't sell is Amanda's electric buggy -- oh man she would kill me!

Did you get both MAC's broke in yesterday? Did you get Eddies to run correctly -- just before I left his temp'd at over 300 if I remember correctly.

trackman 09-26-2005 01:48 PM

joel remember what i said about hiding the screwdriver? i richened up eddies before i left. he doesnt know the difference
between driving it and running the snot out of it. waynes motor went as smooth as mine did because nobody touched
the screws.[eddie] 205 on the 3rd tank of waynes.i guess this weekend ill try to straighten out eddies if he doesnt
crank on those screws anymore. that was the whole reason i didnt want him to fool with it. they are real touchy to tune
but once done they hold a tune good. wayne seems happy with his. sometimes i dont know whos worse, eddie or rodney.
neither one will listen.[:'(][:'(]

slicks 09-26-2005 02:36 PM

that engine is really something else -- lots of power!

Has anyone heard from Rodney lately? Like I said yesterday I expected to see him out at Wayne's with that new engine in his Mayhem. Did Bill show up out there yesterday? I think he was working on getting a new engine too - the Mach .26.

Sounds like the guys from Lynchburg may show up at your place this weekend -- trucks, buggies and Stadium Trucks? Do you think we will need to start earlier?

I am not sure if I can get out there to help you with the track on Saturday -- Lianna and I are going on a hot air balloon ride in the a.m. and that will take up the morning and then I have to get the yard work done and all that stuff before I can play. If we get some sun this week, I'll try to finish up the painting project during the week when I get home from work.

Maybe Eddie's new name should be "junior" that way we don't get him mixed up with Big ED.

Big-ED 09-26-2005 03:27 PM

Anyone interested in a Xbox game console and games?