RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   Charlottesville Racers Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/2989523-charlottesville-racers-thread.html)

dockman2 10-06-2005 09:43 PM

RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

Mike its on now! Let the battle begin. I should have my other one in early next week. Its on ch2 so I have 1 and 2 covered. Should be fun trying to drive both at the same time and gang up on you. Hopefully some others will get them to. Have some major battles! I cant wait.

SManMTB 10-06-2005 09:54 PM

ORIGINAL: slicks

Matt -- check out the deal with Big ED -- he is a good guy and this way you can save some $$$$$
Problem is he's not selling the Xbox 360.
Anyway, just clean up the car and join the fun. I am sure it runs fine.

RACENUT44 10-06-2005 09:54 PM

HEY LITTLE STAMPY
I SAW YOUR BUGGY IN THE BUGGY PICTURES, LOOKS GREAT , DOES IT HAVE A SMALL BLOCK OR BIG BLOCK CHEVY ENGINE IN IT !!!!!!!!!!
DENNIS "POWHATAN" :D

Super_Dave 10-06-2005 09:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mike wont be alone. I actually got the first one which was right when it came out of the box :). Mike and me have the same ones on ch6 but I have every channel there is from mini-z racing so I wont have a problem with those. I decided to mount the guns if they come off they come off. They will look better for now. My dog doesn't seem to like it epsecially when he has his bone :eek:.

My buggy has a big block of corse! Chevy 427 power :D

Alpharaptor 10-06-2005 10:52 PM

@SManMTB: Yea I know, the horizontal scratches are ok, but can you see the vertical scratches? When I compared this sleeve with my old one, the new sleeve had similar scratches. Still, whichever way ya cut it, no pinch = no compression, at least not for long. Oh and umm, I did clean the engine before I opened her up, the dirt you see there is just the dirt that jammed its way under the cooling head. But wth...I was ticked, I felt like throwing the thing. :eek:

@Big-ED: Thanks for the offer Big-ED, but I've already got an Xbox, 30 games, 5 controllers, wireless lan and who knows what. I'm looking buy an Xbox 360 on November 22.

@503: You getting the core system Rodney? I'd suggest you buy the premium SKU for $400 which comes with the 20gb hard drive. You can always buy it later on down the road for $100, but you'll save yourself from having to get a $60 memory card in order to save games. I "think" you could use an IPod, PC, PSP...etc to save games onto as well. I still don't have any idea which game to get along with it, until the final launch line up has been announced its hard to make a final decision.

@Slicks: I'll try and shoot for makin it out there for the 16th. :)

Although my engine(s) has been a pain in the *****, that 777 held in there problem free. So far not one little breakage what so ever. GOOD! :)

SManMTB 10-06-2005 11:03 PM

It can't have less pinch than mine. :D

slicks 10-07-2005 06:35 AM

Matt -- remember that the race on the 16th is in Amherst county - not here locally!!!

Were the head bolts loose? Is that why you got that much dirt?

WatcherKid 10-07-2005 06:57 AM

Dave.. That tank looks awesome! So, we've got a mini fleet going on!!!! Can someone say WAR TIME?

Big-ED 10-07-2005 07:45 AM

Can someone sweep off (or whatever) the water in the corners at waynes track on sat.?
If not let me know and I will show up early on sun. and do it.

HAs anyone heard from Eddie or Wayne?

fourwheels0 10-07-2005 07:53 AM

ya ed i'll be out there saturday. but with this rain i don't know how bad it's gonna be. we'll see what happens.:D

slicks 10-07-2005 07:58 AM

I checked the weather an hour ago and it is calling for rain all day today and it looks like tomorrow with a possibility of rain on Sunday as well!!!

Smokinjoe6450 10-07-2005 08:59 AM

Matt -

I've got a 24.7 you can drop in there if you want. Great compression and holds tune really well. Just put new shoes on it, and has the Nova cooling head. You can use it until you can get another engine. (plus I want to see what it would do in a buggy)!!!

Smokinjoe6450 10-07-2005 09:18 AM

On the tank issue.......there is a "battle" in Danville I believe every year. That caught my eye on here awhile ago. I thought that would be fun to watch. I wonder how it works?? I would like to see them sometime.

Super_Dave 10-07-2005 01:38 PM

I know theres giant scale r/c tanks that shoot paintballs but these are only 1/24 scale. It uses an infared lazer (mike... no the temp gun doesn't work :)) and the reciver on the other tank will take the hit. You have 40 shots after that all you can do is drive around and you can get hit up to 6 times.. after the 6th your disabled. There almost a perfect scale for these tracks and you can hide behind jumps or pipe. We don't know how far the radio range is yet but the firing range is close to 30ft when its dark and about 25ft when its sunny.

I talked Rodney into getting one today at the shop :D. We have Kevin, Mike, Rodney, and me... than if Kevin lets someone use his extra tank we will have a 5th person. The tank that Mike got is on ch6 and I changed mine to ch5, the tank Rodney got is on ch1 and I know Kevin's on ch1 but his new tanks on ch2... we'll figure out who stays on what channel.

Mike if it is raining I'll be at Waynes because I can't do any work with a wet parking lot. The harder it rains the easier the grass will pull out of that one corner anyway. I'll be there at about 11:30.

SManMTB 10-07-2005 02:03 PM

Sunday + rain = me + beer + staying home.

slicks 10-07-2005 02:26 PM

Now that is an equation I can understand!!!!

I just checked and they are projecting rain tonight and all day tomorrow. Sunday is looking like a real muddy day - not sure I want to do that - just more work to get the buggies ready for the race in Amherst on the 16th.

slicks 10-07-2005 02:54 PM

well -- if it is too muddy to race on Sunday - -we can all go over to Milton Field and watch the RC air show going on there this weekend. I have gone there to watch the air guys before and it is alot of fun.

Smokinjoe6450 10-07-2005 03:02 PM

Sunday + rain = me + beer + staying home.
Any day that ends in "y" + beer = me [X(]

Thats cool on the tank thing. You guys need to bring them to amherst for an exhibition match. Who knows, we might get a fleet down here and have an all out war one day!!!! Amherst vs Charlottesville......let's get it on!!!

Smokinjoe6450 10-07-2005 03:04 PM

Also, which tanks are they exactly? I would like to look at specs.....

Stampy - how much you selling them for??

Big Stampy 10-07-2005 03:08 PM

Iwaver battle tanks...look on Tower, but at Stampy's :D

Super_Dave 10-07-2005 03:15 PM

There 27mhz so you only have 6 channels unless you buy half channels from somewhere. Stampy can you get half channels? If not I'm pretty sure radio shack has them because than we can have 12 tanks running at one time. 6 on a team :D.

fourwheels0 10-07-2005 03:16 PM

joe they are the iwaver tanks. tower has them on their website check them out. they are really pretty cool.

are you still having the jumping contest? i need to beat on my truck!!!:D

you guy's beat me to it.

slicks 10-07-2005 06:54 PM

Has anyone heard from Fast Eddie or Wayne?

Mike - or - Dave --- I think you guys live out be Wayne's track - anyway you can go out there tomorrow afternoon and give us a report on the track condition?

Big-ED 10-07-2005 07:26 PM

maybe someone can go late sat. if it stops raining and clear the water.

ORIGINAL: slicks

Has anyone heard from Fast Eddie or Wayne?

Mike - or - Dave --- I think you guys live out be Wayne's track - anyway you can go out there tomorrow afternoon and give us a report on the track condition?

Smokinjoe6450 10-07-2005 07:28 PM

are you still having the jumping contest? i need to beat on my truck!!!
Anything for you!! The jumping contest is on, I might even enter it!!! My Mammoth flies pretty straight. I might lean her out and let her fly!!!

Stampy - hold me a tank.......I might as well get in on the action.

Dave - we can hold 3 vs 3 and weed out the weaklings (or shooting challenged)......[&:]