RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   Charlottesville Racers Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/2989523-charlottesville-racers-thread.html)

fourwheels0 10-07-2005 07:42 PM

RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

joel ya i'll be out there tomorrow to do some work on the track. i have not heard from wayne or eddie but wayne said i can go out there anytime.

joe (shooting challenged?) gun control means using both hand's:D wait till you see these thing's in action they are just too cool.

dave i'll see you tomorrow.

kevin you suck. now drop and give me 20.:D

Big Stampy 10-07-2005 07:45 PM

Gun control means hitting your target.

One Tank for Joe.

Super_Dave 10-07-2005 08:17 PM

Yeah 3 tanks on a team would be awesome as it is... 6 might be a little to many. We can have tornaments :D. I really want to get a lazer cannon on my micro helicopter and give my team some air support :). If I don't stop breaking blades. Got a down draft under the awning outside at home that pushed me down into a light on the edge of the porch and destroyed my new set of blades and I just wasn't high enough above it to correct it.

503 10-07-2005 09:06 PM

Big Dave bring your tank to work Saturday and I will stop by and maybe Stampy will let us have a quick battle. I have anouther on the way that will be here Wednesday for my son and I can play at home.
"503"[:@]

dockman2 10-08-2005 12:55 AM

"now drop and give me 20"

Mike its been 20yrs since I heard that! I didnt like it then and the chances of it happening now are non existent!;)

I think the rain is going to kill this weekend but then again I thought that last time we ran at Waynes. I guess we will see. If nothing else we should come out to shoot the poop and drink a frosty beverage. We might get surprised by the track conditions like last time.
Actually I just want to play with the Tanks but I dont see it happening.
Im not sure if Im going to Amherst next weekend. Its my B-day (turning the BIG 40) so I may stay in town. I guess it depends on my mood (Oh No Watch Out)!

Super_Dave 10-08-2005 01:14 AM

Rodney I wont be at work Saturday if its raining. I'll probly be there whenever I finish fixing up Wayne's track with Mike to pick up some stuff.

I'm going to seal the battery hatch with RTV otherwise theres noway for water to get into anything unless its raining ontop of the tank. If the dirts just a little moist it wont hurt anything anyway. I'll have my tank out there Sunday.

fourwheels0 10-08-2005 08:46 AM

the big 40. do you know how OLD that is in dog years:D
you know what i did for my 40th had my hip replaced for the 3rd time. (getting old ain't for wimps)

i'm going to check the track at waynes in a little while will let everyone know how bad it is.
if nothing else we can have mudbog races with the trucks:D

Big Stampy 10-08-2005 08:48 AM

Big weekend sale at Stampy's....Pontoons on sale all weekend.

WatcherKid 10-08-2005 09:25 AM

Happy Birthday, Kevin.

dockman2 10-08-2005 10:35 AM

"the big 40. do you know how OLD that is in dog years"

Yeah Mike its called DEAD!!![X(]

Steven its not until next Sunday. Please dont rush it, Im not in a hurry to get there.;)

Well by the looks of the weather I dont think we will have to worry much about dust at Waynes this weekend.

Super_Dave 10-08-2005 10:54 AM

Redneck Raceway can now officially be consisdered a pond. I just came back from there and first... good luck getting up there if you don't have a truck. I had no traction what so ever with decent tread on my truck and spun the tires untill I got up to the driver stand. Turn one is big enough of a puddle for me to run my mini-z boat in. The turn at the end of the straight away is flooded along with the turn infront of the big double is completly flooded with atleast 4 inchs of water and maybe more I didn't bother getting out of my truck. Anywhere else on the track is just standing water. I'll be there with my MT tomorrow and the buggy anyway :D. Of corse I'll have the tank too.

octospider0 10-08-2005 11:29 AM

hi Kevin

did you get my msg about the dog beds?

fourwheels0 10-08-2005 11:31 AM

redneck lakeway oop's i mean raceway is now waterfront property!!!!
it's stopped raining at my house it's 12:30 we'll see what happens.
i am going out there later about 4-5pm to see if it's any better and tomorrow about 11am

dockman2 10-08-2005 11:36 AM

Yeah Bill. Im always at work is why I keep missing your calls. I might try to ride by the shop later if your going to be there.

Super_Dave 10-08-2005 11:44 AM

Mike I'll probly go out there around that time too... I think I'm gunna bring my mini-z boat and have some fun.

octospider0 10-08-2005 12:39 PM

i will be here unti about 3:30-4

slicks 10-08-2005 01:59 PM

with that much standing water on the track and no sun or wind to dry it out -- I doubt that the track will be good to go tomorrow -- Mike/Dave a report later this afternoon is good!

So - do I understand it correctly in that regardless of the weather and track conditions - you guys are going to show up out there Sunday?

Hey Joe -- have you been getting all this rain down your way the past couple of days?

dockman2 10-08-2005 02:17 PM

Im heading out to Waynes right now to see if I can get some of the water off the track. If I can make some drainage ditches it might be OK for Sunday. The track dried out alot faster last time than we thought.

dockman2 10-08-2005 04:58 PM

Well I got the water off the track and it should be in good shape for Sunday.

slicks 10-08-2005 06:30 PM

WOW -- good job Kevin!! THANK YOU!

Guess I had better start charging batteries.

SManMTB 10-08-2005 07:49 PM

I think I will at least show up. If it's too muddy I'll just hang around.

slicks 10-08-2005 07:57 PM

yep -- my plans too. I'll bring my stuff with me - but if it is too muddy I am not going to run, takes way too much time to clean the buggies and with the race in Amherst comming up I don't need the extra prep work.

Has anyone heard from Wayne or Eddie?

fourwheels0 10-08-2005 08:24 PM

yup they were both out there today along with me,kevin,little stampy.
the track should be fine tomorrow.

Super_Dave 10-08-2005 10:56 PM

Track should be close to the same way it was last time we were at Wayne's and aside from the buggies... let the battles begin!!!!! :D I'll bring extra crystals to solve any frequency problems for the tanks. I think were going to have 5 tanks if Rodney shows up. I guess we can run odd numbered teams but having one extra tank seems like it might be a big advantage but I'm sure we'll work things out.

I have channels 1,3,5,and 6. Currently running ch 5. I think someones going to need a channel 2 or 4 if we get 5 tanks going at once.

HPIKID18 10-08-2005 11:27 PM

Hey guys, Are any of you running the RG on your buggy's? If so, what pipe are you running with it?
I am running the OS T-2030 pipe. It has turned the thing into a fuel pig. I'm looking for a set-up to give me longer run times. Thanks.