RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   Charlottesville Racers Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/2989523-charlottesville-racers-thread.html)

dockman2 06-14-2005 12:00 AM

RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

Mike the motor is part #LXBZ33.
If you order the stuff make sure you do 2 separate orders!!!
Order the buggy alone and get $25 off. Then do another order of the motor, starter box and get it up to $200(it wont be hard) to get another $25 off. Save you $50 bucks total. Get a couple spare OS#8 glow plugs and maybe a premounted set of Proline crime fighter tires if you can. If money is tight just get it to $200 to get the extra $25 off.
I dont know if your a tower member but if not then do the motor/box order first and join then. It will save you shipping and then when you place the buggy order you will save shipping again. Thats like $16 bucks so it almost pays for itself and it will save you again later.

dockman2 06-14-2005 12:17 AM

Actually Mike if you add up the Kit, 2PL radio, Fut 3305 for steering, 3010 for brake, starter box, .21RG motor, and a set(2pair) of premounted crime fighters its about $615. But if you do 3 separate orders you save $75 bucks so your lookin at $540 total.

slicks 06-14-2005 06:45 AM

I agree - those Duratrax boxes look exactly like the Ofna's except for the $$$$ -- I think that that style is better than the type I have.

Wow - if all the clutch stuff and pipe comes with the TQ that buggy is sounding better and better all the time. I am looking forward to seeing that bad boy (no not you Bill!!) sounds like a great deal. Again - I know that Scott is looking to sell his OS RG (new in box).

Paperclipracer -- I have been in a couple of Hobby Towns in Charlotte ( I think that they were H - Towns) - nice stores.

trackman 06-14-2005 08:46 AM

KEVIN LET MIKE KNOW IF HE BUYS A KIT I GET DIBBS ON BUILDING IT
MIKE YOU CAN HAVE THAT MOTOR FOR 100 BUCKS

dockman2 06-14-2005 09:14 AM

I told him you would build it and set it up for him but I think he wants to build it himself. By the way arent you supossed to be working and not playing on the internet?

slicks 06-14-2005 09:23 AM

It is only playing if the boss catches you!!! :D

trackman 06-14-2005 12:37 PM

LAST TIME I CHECKED I WAS THE BOSS OR HERE AT WORK ANYWAY

slicks 06-14-2005 01:17 PM

Well then, its not playing - it is indepth research :)

Scott - have you given any more thought to going to the race in Amherst on Sunday?

fourwheels0 06-14-2005 02:19 PM

hey scott you want dibbs on building my kit you got it. i want to look at your motor also. see ya

Super_Dave 06-14-2005 08:56 PM

Has everyone been posting enough I was just on here 2 days ago and there were only 5 pages. I would like for use to meet somewhere and all follow eachother to Amherst incase we do get lost it would be easier to find our way around. It wouldn't be a bad idea to bring your own cooler and food too.

slicks 06-14-2005 09:06 PM

yes -- as we spoke at the shop earlier - I am willing to meet at about 8:15 in the Toys R Us parking lot and LEAVE at 8:30 a.m. From my message with Joe he said that it is about an hour drive.

SManMTB 06-14-2005 09:32 PM

Meeting at 8.15 sounds fine. The big problem would be waking up. :D

dockman2 06-15-2005 01:46 AM

Yeah, I will be starting to sleep pretty good about that time.;)

So what is everyone doing on Saturday? Is Wayne planning on working on his track? I was thinking of doing some testing there on Saturday but if he is up for working on the track thats cool too. We need to get it up and running so we can run a points series between the two.

dockman2 06-15-2005 02:17 AM

By the way, since most of the new guys have monster trucks I think when we get Waynes track up and running we should start a Monster truck class. I think with the bigger open track we could do it. Just something different to throw into the mix. Might even get some of those guys from Amherst to come up since I think thats mostly what they run. Just a thought.
Might even get Rodney... or is it Bill ( I get them confused) to actually come out and race!

slicks 06-15-2005 07:06 AM

OK -- 8:15 at the Toys R Us parking lot it is. That will give us plenty of time to get lost, stop for donuts and arrive when they open! We can get plenty of practice in too.

Remember to bring your own table and chair, cooler etc... I am not sure if the pit area is in the shade or not which may make a difference if it is a hot sunny day.

I am looking forward to this. I should finish going thru Manders buggy tonight then I can start on mine. Scott told me that he recalled Joe telling him that their track is about the same size if not a little smaller than Scott's - but that was this past winter - I guess that they could have enlarged it by then - don't know.

Not sure that I can make it to help out at Waynes on Saturday (if that is what is happening) -- I have more yard work to do (it is that time of year) and I'll be getting everything ready to go for early Sunday a.m.

trackman 06-15-2005 07:25 AM

HEY JOEL I THINK I MIGHT JUST HANG AROUND THE HOUSE AND SPEND SOME TIME WITH THE WIFE THIS WEEKEND
IVE ALREADY STARTED TAKING THE 777 APART AND CHANGING THINGS OVER
AS FOR DAVE WANTING TO FOLLOW SOMEONE TO AMHERST........HES ALREADY PROVEN THAT HE CANT LEAD.HA HA HA HA
MIKE I;LL BE GLAD TO BUILD YOUR BUGGY IT GIVES ME SOMETHING TO DO AT NIGHT
YOU CAN LOOK AT THAT MOTOR WHENEVER YOU LIKE

SManMTB 06-15-2005 09:04 AM

I can't make it to Wayne's this Saturday.

trackman 06-15-2005 09:34 AM

WAYNE IS SUPOSED TO STOP BY MY HOUSE TONIGHT . ILL FIND OUT WHAT HIS PLANS ARE FOR THE WEEKEND

slicks 06-15-2005 09:51 AM

Scott - not sure what my car availability will be this weekend - but let me know if you do plan on sticking around the house on Saturday - if I can - I may stop by with our buggies to give them a test run and see if you and Kevin have any last minute adjustment recommendations -or engine tuning tweaks for us.

As I said it will all depend on the car situation. Looking forward to seeing that 777 with the new stuff on it.

trackman 06-15-2005 01:29 PM

JOEL IM NOT SURE YET ABOUT SAT BUT YOUR WELCOME TO COME BY EITHER WAY . CHANCES ARE KEVIN & I WILL
BE THERE ANYWAY

ILL BE AT WORK SAT MORNING BUT SHOULD BE HOME BY 12

dockman2 06-16-2005 01:23 AM

Im hoping to have my Jammin Pro back up and running with some changes to do some track testing. I also want to see if I can get the motor right in the XB8 if we are not going to be working on Waynes track. Joel- would be glad to help you guys out on your buggies. Did you get Amandas back up and running?
I just have to get some fuel from Scott or I cant run. It seems that someone took the 1/2 bottle of fuel that Joel gave them and filled it up off my bottle.:eek: Now I only have enough to get about a tank full.:( I might have to rethink about my "sponsored" driver.:eek:

slicks 06-16-2005 09:35 AM

yep --- maintaining and funding 2 buggies can get expensive!! Not sure what happened to the fuel - didn't know that there was a problem with it. I just asked Amanda what happened with the fuel and she said that after she talked with you - she gave it to Stephen and she thnks that he left it on that round table and Wayne didn't know that it wasn't their fuel? Not sure but I know that Stephen was sitting at that table most of the time on Sunday. I think that you are being very generous in letting him use that buggy -- I don't think that it would be wrong/rude/difficult (what ever) if you told him that he needs to pay for his own fuel -- I think that that is very fair. Plus it would teach him that this hobby isn't free and that he needs to work in order to play.

I just about have Manders buggy back together (I ran in to several things that needed work) - just need to refill the shocks this a.m. and then put on a new clutch bell and her buggy should be good to go. I think that the engine needs to be leaned out because there was a ton of oily dirt on the exhaust side of the car - so my guess is that the engine is running a bit too rich.

It will depend on the car situation on Saturday as to wether or not I can get out to Scotts on Saturday. Hope that I can and if you guys are there I would appreciate you or Scott taking a quick look at our buggies etc...

Hey Scott - I know that I had asked if I could run at your place today (Thursday) but I can't make it. If I get both of our buggies in running condition and can get out there during the day tomorrow (Friday) would it be OK if I show up around noon to put a few tanks thru both buggies? I am scheduled off from work today (Thursday) and tomorrow (Friday).

Well - I have to fill the shocks and then mow the lawn so I can start on my buggy. See y'all later.

trackman 06-16-2005 10:41 AM

HEY JOEL THATS FINE. YOUR WELCOME ANYTIME
THE KYOSHO IS ALMOST HALF DONE . WOULD HAVE BEEN EASIER STARTING FROM SCRATCH.
ANOTHER COUPLE DAYS AND IT WILL BE DONE .
BUT YEAH, FRIDAY IS FINE . I SHOULD BE AROUND SAT AFTERNOON.

slicks 06-16-2005 11:37 AM

What all are you doing to that Kyosho? I don't recall you breaking anything on it -- are you upgrading it?

Hope to see you on Saturday.

Alpharaptor 06-16-2005 01:00 PM

Hey all, just checkin in...

Once again thanks Kevin...I can't tell you how grateful I am. Next time I'm at the track I'll arrive a little early so I can install those C-hubs. I think I may need to also further adjust my suspension, the car seems to "bounce" on landings, causing me to loose control.

Anyway, this busy month is almost over, if parents don't intervene you all should see me at the track much more frequently. (I hope) :D