RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   Charlottesville Racers Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/2989523-charlottesville-racers-thread.html)

Super_Dave 10-09-2005 01:10 AM

RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

I don't run the RG but the many people who do here are running JP-1 pipes. They seem to be getting 5 1/2 to 6mins of fuel on one tank.

SManMTB 10-09-2005 02:06 AM

The T-2050 works well. ~ 7 mins without running super lean. It's more expensive than the engine so it's a weird choice.

503 10-09-2005 08:02 AM

Now I know what happened to your hair[8D]
"503"[:@]

Big-ED 10-09-2005 08:11 AM

HAs anyone looked at the track today?
Are we running?

fourwheels0 10-09-2005 09:05 AM

we are running at waynes today.

slicks 10-09-2005 09:38 AM

HPIKid -- Both Amanda and I run the OS RG in our buggies (Kyosho 777). I have a JP-1 on mine and Amanda has a stock pipe of some sort on hers. Both buggies run great and we have no problems running for 5 minutes with fuel left in the tank. At the last Amherst race we both ran in the A main and Kevin kept us on a tight schedule for refueling at just past the 5 minute mark and neither one of us ran out of fuel.

One of the new guys here in C'ville runs the RG with a JP-2 - last week was his first day and race and he didn't have problems at the 5 minute mark either.

Hope that this helps.

HPIKID18 10-09-2005 09:42 AM

Thanks guys, looks like I will be checking into the JP series.

fourwheels0 10-09-2005 06:03 PM

it was a very good day of racing i can't believe how good the track was considering all the rain.
hey chip how's the leg sore i bet. again i am sorry about that. who said rc racing isn't physical haha:D

it's official rodney now has a trophy:D

Super_Dave 10-09-2005 07:13 PM

Yeah chip took a pretty hard hit to the leg but I think Chris got the worst injury when he got hit in the head under the tree.

Awesome racing today and the track could not have been better. The racing was the most fun I've had doing it in a while but man battling with the tanks was just as good when it got later. We actually got some firing range later in the day and had a really good battle going. Can't wait for more people to get them.

Big-ED 10-09-2005 07:18 PM

Had a Blast today guys, Thanks for the great racing.
I thought it was the tire change that made my car feel messed up in the a-main race,
when I got home I found that my right rear camber arm was very loose at the shock tower[:@] like just hanging their I'm luck it didnt come off during the race.
Oh well, I thought the track was great.

slicks 10-09-2005 07:33 PM

So Mike -- is Chip your target when I am not there? :D:D:D

Chip got hit in the leg and Christian took one in the head???? Just what were you guys doing after I left? I think that I may have to send back to my Mom's in Michigan for my old hockey gear.

Hey Rodney -- I think that you should bolt the trophy to the hood of your car! :)

fourwheels0 10-09-2005 07:42 PM

ya i got chip really hard poor guy. i mean you can see a full side shot of wheel nut and tire witch drew a good amount of blood.
christian got nailed by a acorn from the tree a direct hit.:D

everybody remember next sunday we meet at toys-r-us at (9:00-9:15) and leave at 9:30 don't be late or we'll leave your butt behind.:D and don't forget to charge batts. and bring everything (rodney) see ya:D

dockman2 10-09-2005 11:21 PM

Today was a great day and it was the first official race at R&R! The track was perfect. The Amain was probably the best we have had yet.

Next weekend is the Amherst race(the 16th) and then the following weekend (the 23rd) we are having a Trophy race at Waynes. Its going to be a $5 buck entrance fee no matter what/how many classes you run. There will be Trophies for 1-5th place in 1/8th scale and 1-3 in monster truck. We will run any other class that has at least 3 cars/trucks but no trophies for those races. We should get enough to run a Nitro ST class and hopefully get Bill, Scott, Amanda, Me and anyone else that has an electric 4wd 1/10th scale to run also. Maybe we can get Joe, Randy and some of the guys to come up from Amherst.
Everyone plan on coming. It should be a good one. Maybe we will set up a grill and do burgers and dogs. The beer is on you but bring enough for the race director (me, Bud Lite), it could help your laps! :D

dockman2 10-09-2005 11:33 PM

Sorry I forgot to point out that the gas Amains will be 10 or 15minutes(we havent decided yet).
Also the Tanks are way too fricken cool! If you dont have one then get one. We had a Blast(pun intended) with them today! Cant wait until we get 12 of them out there. Maybe we can show them at Amherst and get another "team" to buy them when Stampy gets more of them.

dockman2 10-10-2005 12:18 AM

Hey Bill. Glad to see your still breathing.

dockman2 10-10-2005 12:37 AM

Mike go back to sleep!

WatcherKid 10-10-2005 06:54 AM

ORIGINAL: dockman2

Steven its not until next Sunday. Please dont rush it, Im not in a hurry to get there.;)

Sorry, there, Kevin.. I missread.. Thought you said it was this weekend... [X(]

slicks 10-10-2005 06:59 AM

COOL --- Sounds like two weekends of great racing! I am looking forward to it.

Regarding the this Sunday -- sounds like most want to meet at Toys R Us parking lot again. I think that we met at 9:15 and left at 9:30 a.m.. So if that works for everyone lets set that as the time to leave (9:30 a.m.) this Sunday from the Toys R Us parking lot. Obviously this is only if you want to caravan down.

503 10-10-2005 08:28 AM

Im proud of my trophy.
"503"[:@]

slicks 10-10-2005 11:16 AM

.............and you should be proud, your clearly earned it!

Super_Dave 10-10-2005 11:29 AM

Kevin! Your getting like Rodney was when he first came on here... whats with the quad post?!

I can't wait for Amherst especially the big air competition :D. I'll have my nitro rustler setup for that.

dockman2 10-10-2005 11:47 AM

"whats with the quad post?!"

If you look close you will see they are over an hour apart. I dont go back and edit all my post! Heh, but thanks for caring.:eek:

Big Stampy 10-10-2005 11:53 AM

10 More tanks will be here tomorrow and 3 are already sold.

Super_Dave 10-10-2005 11:53 AM

Haha yeah I didn't look at the times.

I might take apart my tank today to take a look at the motors in it.

fourwheels0 10-10-2005 01:33 PM

sleep? what the hell is that. if i get 3 good hours a night thats it.