RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   Charlottesville Racers Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/2989523-charlottesville-racers-thread.html)

Smokinjoe6450 10-13-2005 09:00 AM

RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

The track has the same layout. The front jump is a little shorter after all of this rain!!! I will be out there tomorrow fixing any water damage (ruts, etc...) Overall the track is in really good shape! I hope alot of you guys can make it down. I am hoping for a big turnout since it is the last one I am doing this year.

Big Stampy 10-13-2005 09:05 AM

I'm bigger than last time. Must be my appetite

octospider0 10-13-2005 11:22 AM

just pullin your chain Kevin, I dont blame you....

hell, if I looked like you I would get drunk to

Smokinjoe6450 10-13-2005 03:30 PM

hell, if I looked like you I would get drunk to
[X(]

WatcherKid 10-13-2005 05:28 PM

I'm a little late with this question..

How's Chip running? Is he better than last weekend (when it was his first time at Scott's)?

Big-ED 10-13-2005 05:49 PM

yeah he is getting better,
dont think he is running this weekend,
I think he will be at waynes in 2 weeks.

ORIGINAL: WatcherKid

I'm a little late with this question..

How's Chip running? Is he better than last weekend (when it was his first time at Scott's)?

slicks 10-13-2005 07:54 PM

Big ED -- see if you can talk Chip in to comming down and racing. It is the only way to improve! Believe it or not this past spring - when we were talking about holding weekly races Amanda didn't want to participate at all - she didn't think she could compete - but now, if she misses a week she can't stand it and she loves to join the races when ever she can.

Besides it is a fun race with no trophies entrance fee etc... just fun and free food and racing! OH - and don't forget the jumping contest - that should be something to watch.

Hey All --- can we get a count of those that are going to meet at Toys R Us to caravan down on Sunday? So far I think it is - me, Mike, Christian, Dave (?)...........

fourwheels0 10-13-2005 08:35 PM

ya i'm going. also everybody don't forget we meet at toys-r-us at 9:00-9:15am and leave at 9:30am.
if your late your on your own!!!!!
hey ed how's chip's leg. man that had to hurt!!!.:D

Super_Dave 10-13-2005 08:42 PM

I'm going to meet a toys r us just to make me wake up early enough :). I'll probly go on my own after we all leave.

SManMTB 10-13-2005 10:55 PM

Hmm I have a BBQ planned for Sat night. Beer + tequila + sausage = [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
I plan to be there but don't wait if I'm late.

octospider0 10-14-2005 12:07 AM

ill be there. hoped to have the pbs running for the jumping contest but doubt I will have it done in time.

WTH, the Picco can take care of it!

see ya Sunday

WatcherKid 10-14-2005 06:43 AM

[sm=surprised.gif] The Picco has a lot of pull to it (just from watching you race at Scott's!!)

ORIGINAL: octospider0

ill be there. hoped to have the pbs running for the jumping contest but doubt I will have it done in time.

WTH, the Picco can take care of it!

see ya Sunday

slicks 10-14-2005 06:59 AM

So -- just how does one go about BBQ'ing beer and tequila :D?

Well have fun with your BBQ -- you might want to bring ear plugs with you if you show up on Sunday to race :). I still remember the 3 stages of "the next day" (in order of severity) - they were: 1) Hangover; 2) Overhang and 3) Hang Around. For me tequila often times took me to the 3rd stage way too many times!!!

Bill - glad to hear the you are going to make the trip down there.

As Mike said - we will leave the Toys R Us parking lot at 9:30 a.m. if you choose to drive down in a group - otherwise we will see you at the track.

HEY RODNEY -- you racing this weekend? Amanda said she didn't think you could do squat in the jumping contest!!

Big-ED 10-14-2005 07:28 AM

If I'm not at the parking lot by 9:30, I will meet everyone at the track.

fourwheels0 10-14-2005 08:18 AM

now i don't know i've seen rodney fly that buggy pretty well. the trick is if he can do it on purpose with his truck.:D

Alpharaptor 10-14-2005 09:33 AM

Welp, I bought a new piston and sleeve, and air filter oil. From now on...even if it'll cost me a few laps, Im gonna change out that air filter! If you have ANY more advice to how to help me keep this piston and sleeve from goin under, please tell!

SManMTB 10-14-2005 09:45 AM

ORIGINAL: Alpharaptor

Welp, I bought a new piston and sleeve, and air filter oil. From now on...even if it'll cost me a few laps, Im gonna change out that air filter! If you have ANY more advice to how to help me keep this piston and sleeve from goin under, please tell!
How bad is the old piston/liner really? Can you push it through? Post some pics.

slicks 10-14-2005 10:17 AM

Matt -- were you not using air filter oil before? I know at that last Amherst race I oiled your prefilter for you - but didn't know that your main filter was not oiled. If you were not oiling it - then that could be most of your problem. Also - are you still securing your airfilter by tieing it down so the body will fit on?

Are you going to race this Sunday??

Good to see you back in the game.

503 10-14-2005 08:59 PM

You know I love jumping buggies and landing on all 4 wheels, I did 41 feet at Scotts with a perfect landing. I just rented out Crow pool for my daughters birthday for just her friends and no public and thats not including the rest of the party. My motor is not strong enough for the jumping contest, but I just remembered the 8 port Hyper on the Ofna;). Im comeing to reclaim the MT truck class for Charlottesville racers, is anyone going to Waynes on Saturday please post.

Is there going to be trophys I want one to go beside my gold screwdriver
I really like that gold screw thank you to all that meant alot that everyone went through the trouble no matter it was a joke.
"503"[:@]

fourwheels0 10-14-2005 09:23 PM

rodney no trophys just bragging rights. why don't you run that force26 i sold you just lean that puppy out and let it fly!!!!.
i want to see if you can beat 503 that would be worth another trophy?:D c'mon i know you can do it.

Smokinjoe6450 10-14-2005 10:17 PM

Looks like the Mammoth will not be jumping Sunday, I just pulled the 24.7 and put it in the Hyper. It just tunes so much better. Plus I think it has a better throttle response. Actually, I could put the .21 in the Mammoth......... this is getting too much like work

fourwheels0 10-15-2005 08:22 AM

rodney i'll be at waynes today at about 1pm for some final tuning and stuff. anybody else?
if i don't see anybody today i'll see you all tomorrow morning.
oh and rodney CHARGE EVERYTHING!!!!. screwdrivers are not allowed at amhearst.:D

slicks 10-15-2005 08:45 AM

I have too much yard work to get done today so I can play tomorrow -- so no racing or engine prep for me. PLUS -- the N.D. / USC game is on at 3:00 today -- can't miss that!!!

We will be there and ready to leave at 9:30 a.m. tomorrow.

Rodney - glad to hear that you are racing!

Big Stampy 10-15-2005 09:20 AM

I wanted to say thanks to Joel for making the intro with Peter at Performance Devices. I am meeting him at the iHobby Expo in Los Angeles next weekend and plan to pick up the full line of crystals and tires. Sounds like a good fit.

Be sure to bring your tanks for a tank battle demo tomorrow. There will be lots of cool new toys coming back from LA with me.

slicks 10-15-2005 09:59 AM

Hey Stampy --- sounds GREAT! Glad to hear that this is moving in a good direction! I'll hold off on buying a 2nd set of Cheetah's until you get back.

Don't know if you saw my post a couple of days back -- but are you going to be bringing fuel (Blue Thunder 20%) glow plugs etc.... with you to the race in Amherst tomorrow? If not that is not a problem I can always stop by the shop today and pick up the last couple of things I need for back-up.