RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   Charlottesville Racers Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/2989523-charlottesville-racers-thread.html)

Big-ED 10-17-2005 12:56 PM

RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

Yeah dave my car was a handful for me out there, I had made some changes, I got a hudy setup station and set the camber and toe. (2.5 degree camber on back 1.5 front)(2.5 rear toe)
If anyone wants to use it just let me know and I will bring it out to the track (just make sure your car is relatively clean;))
That was some fun racing yesterday..cant wait for waynes this weekend and its only monday[:o]

[quote]ORIGINAL: Little Stampy

well I have to give Big-Ed some credit too. Hes doing very well especially with how loose and extremly responcive his car is already it was pretty difficult to drive when I drove it at Wayne's (atleast it was last time I drove I'm not sure if he tightened it up at all).

SManMTB 10-17-2005 12:59 PM

Which Hudy system did you get? Is it the all Alu full ball bearing CNC machined stuff?
I've been drooling over it for some time now. :)

Big-ED 10-17-2005 01:12 PM

Yep thats the one, setup board and all..

ORIGINAL: SManMTB

Which Hudy system did you get? Is it the all Alu full ball bearing CNC machined stuff?
I've been drooling over it for some time now. :)

SManMTB 10-17-2005 01:17 PM

Where did you buy it from? How much $$$$ ?

Big-ED 10-17-2005 01:20 PM

ebay $115 station

Smokinjoe6450 10-17-2005 02:12 PM

The results will be posted by tomorrow. I can't post them from work because of the firewall system.

octospider0 10-17-2005 06:19 PM

ORIGINAL: Little Stampy

Like I said before Eddie won gas truck. He really didn't have any competition they need more practice down there. He drove consistant though and he was going pretty quick.
Dave you need to think before you type! These kind of statements do not go over well, serve no purpose and cause a great deal of trouble (see Amherst thread).

Bill

slicks 10-17-2005 06:59 PM

Well said Bill.

Dave don't know if you had a chance to speak with any of the guys from the Amherst area - I did and they are just like us -- a group of guys that get together for some friendly competion and fun.

Todd -- I think it was you I was speaking with that said you were building a buggy for your wife -- how is that project comming?

WatcherKid 10-17-2005 07:05 PM

Joel, the teacher gave me an A+ for the interview! Thanks, once again!

And good job, although I could not see the race, to everyone who did race!

octospider0 10-17-2005 07:10 PM

Attention to all: Please vote and post in the Charlottesville Racer's Poll regarding track fees.

Thanks
Bill

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3464449/tm.htm]poll[/link]

slicks 10-17-2005 07:13 PM

WOW Steven -- that is great - I am proud of you!! Congratulations on a job well done.

Hey is there any way I can see your finished product? That would be cool.

WatcherKid 10-17-2005 07:17 PM

Joel, I don't think so.. I'll ask.. but I think he took it for an example for next year.. [X(][X(]

dockman2 10-18-2005 01:42 AM

"Like I said before Eddie won gas truck. He really didn't have any competition they need more practice down there. He drove consistant though and he was going pretty quick"

Dave you really need to think before you post and you need to apologize to the Amherst guys. That crap was out of line!

Super_Dave 10-18-2005 01:56 AM

Yeah I do owe them an apology like most of my posts I posted that at around 2am so I wasn't thinking to clearly.

smoke20 10-18-2005 05:54 AM

hey guy's there is no problem here you all are a great bunch of guys enjoyed racing all of you. I won the c main once i got my buggy bugs worked out like i said it was just built so i didn't know how it was going to do.Scott helped with it and thanks to all of you . Ididn't run in the b main because of radio conficts wish i could have. but i just wasn't my day. so sorry for anything i said but i hope to run with all of you again. THANKS MIKE

Big Stampy 10-18-2005 08:11 AM

I am in favor of forming a real club. And as I stated before, I will donate $500 toward the purchase of the AMB system. I already have AMB software in case Kevin's isn't compatible. That leaves the decoder, cables and rechargeable transponders.

And a word to Dave. If what you write comes across as dissing anyone or anything you need to think a lot harder about what you write. Sometimes I say things without thinking and I suffer the consequences. But I own the store. The racers in Amerherst/Lynchburg are a great group of guys as well as customers of my store. I would like to see a heartfelt apology on both threads before you come in today.

If the r/c club needs anything or even a meeting place you can count on Stampy's. Same goes for the CVRC.

octospider0 10-18-2005 01:07 PM

at this time it looks like I am out for Sunday. Need to go to my kids school for a class meeting that there were unable to get done during the week. Depending on the time of the meeting I may be able to come out for a bit but seriously doubt I'll be driving.

Super_Dave 10-18-2005 01:21 PM

Copied and pasted from Central VA Race Club thread.

I owe everyone an apology I really didn't think about what I said at all. I do tend to say things like that once and a while and I honestly never notice it or think twice about it so please if I do offend anyone at all come straight to me and tell me about it personally and I will give you an immediate apology. I had no right to say that in the first place because I didn't take into consideration how slick the track was. It was a little difficult with the 1/8s alone and I never drove on something that slick with my ST personally. Ontop of that I didn't have a good view of the race I was only sitting in the corner where my pit was. I take full responcibility in what I said and it does not reflect at all about how people are in Charlottesville. I really can't belive it myself how stupid that comment was when I looked back at it. I hope anyone who was offended forgives me because I wasn't thinking at all in that very unnessisary comment and I deffinatly regret saying it.

Super_Dave 10-18-2005 01:24 PM

ORIGINAL: 1/8 scalenut

hey guy's there is no problem here you all are a great bunch of guys enjoyed racing all of you. I won the c main once i got my buggy bugs worked out like i said it was just built so i didn't know how it was going to do.Scott helped with it and thanks to all of you . Ididn't run in the b main because of radio conficts wish i could have. but i just wasn't my day. so sorry for anything i said but i hope to run with all of you again. THANKS MIKE
Its nothing you said at all it was deffinatly what I said. Like I said in the previous post if I do offend anyone at anytime please come straight to me about it. I don't reflect anyone else around so please don't take it against them if I do say something as mindless as that again.

slicks 10-18-2005 02:45 PM

Good Job Dave.

smoke20 10-18-2005 04:13 PM

HEY GUYS NO HARD FEELING DOWN HERE AT ALL. WE ALL DO THIS FOR FUN. LITTLE STAMPY GOOD JOB ON SECOND TO JUSTIN HE IS HARD TO BEAT.I KNOW YOU GUYS CAN SCOTT DID.ME I WANT HIM IN THE MT CLASS I THINK I CAN DO IT.LET PUT ALL THIS BEHIND US AND HELP OUT EACH OTHER.WE HELP YOU GUYS WITH MT YALL CAN HELP US WITH BUGGYS AND WE CAN HAVE SOME AWSOME RACING.

smoke20 10-18-2005 04:21 PM

ALSO TO BIG STAMPY DO YOU HAVE OR CAN YOU GET ME A STARTER BOX FOR THE REVO. IF SO LET ME KNOW HOW MUCH THANKS MIKE

Super_Dave 10-18-2005 04:21 PM

Sounds good. I don't know if can race MT yet I have quite a bit of stuff I want for my buggy and I'll have my xxx-nt at the next race around there. I didn't bring it to Amherst because I really didn't have time to get it ready. I have a T-Maxx with the dynamite mach .26 coversion kit (yes I love this engine). I can buy tires, change shock oil and diff oil and it would be ready to go but right now its just setup for bashing.

octospider0 10-18-2005 06:55 PM

before we get bogged down in the logistics of all the rules and fees and such...
how about we come up with some nomanations for a club name?
list you ideas and ill make a poll and we can vote it out.

Super_Dave 10-18-2005 07:18 PM

A name... thats though. The only one I can think of which obviously isn't to original is Charlottesville Racers Club. Hopefully someone else comes up with something better than that because only Scott's track is in Charlottesville.