RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   Charlottesville Racers Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/2989523-charlottesville-racers-thread.html)

slicks 10-27-2005 09:05 PM

RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

Rodney --- good to hear from you! Get that hotel in shape and get out to race!!!

dockman2 10-27-2005 10:31 PM

OK I will take the bait. Why would someone want buy a $4000 dollar transponder sytem to "donate" to a "club" that dosnt even exist??? Now if its Wayne then I can understand, hell one of the tracks is his, but I doubt anyone else in the "club" has that kind of jack. If its someone outside of the group then WHY? Whats in it for them and what do they want in return? Nothing is free in this world and as the old saying goes "If it sounds to good to be true then it is"!
Like I said if its Wayne that wants to buy it then hell yeah Im all for it but if its an outsider then no because Im not going to feel like I owe anyone anything! I would rather go back to running in my backyard for fun. Sorry for the rant but thats how I feel. I would want to know Who was coughing up the money and Why! Its my view and mine alone. If anyone feels different then fine, speak up. I hate being the only one who says what they really think.

Anyway, if Scott is going to Amherst with Joel then I would say we are running at Waynes.

octospider0 10-27-2005 11:18 PM

Imagine that, a negitive outlook on someone offering to buy a transponder system for us to use! You are absolutely right Kevin why in the world would anyone possably want such a thing. How could we all live with ourselves without somthing to complain and be negitve about? How could we ever get over the guilt of somone doing somthing nice?
Ask Scott again why I got irrated and dumped the thread? Might have a little to do with your negitve comments regarding EVERYTHING!

You asked to hear what other people think, there you go, theres my opinion.

What in the world could be the negitive in this other then you want somthing to bi*** about? How could it do anything other then be a benifit? Somone did somthing nice and you are unsure how to handle it? You owe them? What? Your gratitude?

Jesus, Get a Grip!

oh, and if you honestly think I'm the only person that feels you are constantly negitive, think again.

octospider0 10-27-2005 11:25 PM

You know what? never mind, Do what you want and say what you want.

I would be extremly thankful if somone decided to do this and would consider it a gift and a great one at that.

dockman2 10-28-2005 12:01 AM

Bill what exactly is your emotional problem with me? Because I actually Say my questions and concerns, in the open, in front of everyone Im negative? Well I will take that. It beats the hell out of *****ing and complaining 1 on 1 but not saying it in the open. Call it what you will but honestly I could care less what anyone thinks. Instead of showing up on here once a week to bash me maybe you could actually discuss things or show a different point of view. That would be something new.
Sorry if I cant understand why someone would donate a $4000 transponder unit to a NONEXISTANT CLUB. Please explain it to me. If its you then cool, just say so. If not then is this just an excuse to complain to me?
If anyone else has a problem with what I think or say then they can tell me face to face. Either that or its just your opinion. Since the only responses you post are negative towards me I dont put much stock in it. ITs Just TOY Car Racing, get over it or get over me or get over whatever it is you have a problem with.

dockman2 10-28-2005 12:19 AM

I would like to say sorry to everyone else about the above posts. I guess I like to post what I feel and put it up for discussion since thats what these boards are for. I guess Im not allowed to do so or express an opinion. I guess I feel I have earned the right but maybe Im wrong. If so then feel free to PM me so we dont have this BS on the board.
When all is said or done it comes down to the 2 track owners and what they want, not me, not Bill or anyone else. Whatever they do is fine by me. If I agree then Ill be there and if I dont then I wont. Either way Im going to express my opinion whether someone likes it or not.

Super_Dave 10-28-2005 01:00 AM

This seems like a bad situation for anyone else to get into but I'd rather know whos donating as well. Leave it at that.

See whoevers racing Sunday and Wayne's I guess... I'll be there sometime Sunday to hang out if anyone is there and to do some work on the track because theres a few things I didn't like last weekend. To many bumps in some areas so I'm going to try to fix those or anything else like that I see.

dockman2 10-28-2005 01:10 AM

Dave I havent talked to Wayne but if nothing else we can work on the track. If we get a group together then we can hold a race. Ill bring the computer.

slicks 10-28-2005 06:56 AM

SO................how about those Redskins?

fourwheels0 10-28-2005 07:24 AM

REDSKINS? who are they again?

Big-ED 10-28-2005 07:29 AM

As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter to me who would buy the amb system.
The only reason I would care who bought it would be to say Thank You.
I really wouldn't feel like I owe them something, because its for the good of everyone, no one person is profiting from system.

chipr 10-28-2005 07:31 AM

Hey Guys,

I'll be out there, but I can only hang for a few hours - work on the track, get in a few laps.. see you then.
-cr

SManMTB 10-28-2005 08:52 AM

I'll be at Wayne's around 1 PM or so.

dockman2 10-28-2005 08:55 AM

Ed, nothing against you because your new to the track and I can understand how you feel. I guess I just look at it differently because Ive spent every weekend for the last 6-8yrs at Scotts helping build the track. We spent a lot of time with nothing but a tiller, shovel, and wheelbarrel to get a place to run without all the hassles. Now to me its just turning into exactly what we were trying to get away from. Sorry if I want to know Who and Why someone is willing to drop that kind of coin.

octospider0 10-28-2005 09:52 AM

ORIGINAL: dockman2

Bill what exactly is your emotional problem with me?
I have none. The only emotional issue here is disbelief that you can possably say somthing negative about this.

Because I actually Say my questions and concerns, in the open, in front of everyone Im negative?
No, because of HOW you address your questions and concerns. As if there is always some malice intended.

Well I will take that. It beats the hell out of *****ing and complaining 1 on 1 but not saying it in the open.
Yea cause I have always been known for not saying whats on my mind and complain behind other peoples backs without expressing it to them directly.

Call it what you will but honestly I could care less what anyone thinks.
You make this evident pretty much everytime you address an issue.

Instead of showing up on here once a week to bash me maybe you could actually discuss things or show a different point of view.
And that is different then what I'm actually doing how? Some may choose to NOT disagree with you or hold no opinion whatsoever to avoid conflict (read, riding the fence) but I am not one of those people.

That would be something new.

Sorry if I cant understand why someone would donate a $4000 transponder unit to a NONEXISTANT CLUB. Please explain it to me. If its you then cool, just say so. If not then is this just an excuse to complain to me?
Maybe it how nothing to do other then a nice thing to do? I can guarrenty (sp) that no malice or misintent is involved in this purchase. As for the NONEXISTANT club. "Wonder what it is NONEXISTANT?" Maybe because it never got off the ground because there were so many negative opinions expressed by 1 person before it was even decided to start working on it. No policies were discussed, no rules plans, NOTHING! You didn't let it get that far.
"I see no reason for it to happen" Read, I like things the way they are and will all my years of expierence I should know best.

If anyone else has a problem with what I think or say then they can tell me face to face. Either that or its just your opinion.
I agree completly, I should not be the only person here saying what I am saying!

Since the only responses you post are negative towards me I dont put much stock in it. ITs Just TOY Car Racing, get over it or get over me or get over whatever it is you have a problem with.
Do yourself a favor, go back, read the threads I have posted and see where the negativity started. You will find that it was not started by me.

I guess I like to post what I feel and put it up for discussion since thats what these boards are for. I guess Im not allowed to do so or express an opinion. I guess I feel I have earned the right but maybe Im wrong. If so then feel free to PM me so we dont have this BS on the board.
When all is said or done it comes down to the 2 track owners and what they want, not me, not Bill or anyone else. Whatever they do is fine by me. If I agree then Ill be there and if I dont then I wont. Either way Im going to express my opinion whether someone likes it or not.
Pick one Kevin! You start by saying the boards are for discussions but then say we don't need this "BS" on the boards. Then is all up to the the 2 track owners but conclude that if you agree its fine but if not then you won't be there. You also want a 1on1 but would like one on one but feel you can express your opinions no matter what in the open.

All in all, I appreciate what this "unknown" person is trying to do. I truly hope (but would understand) they do not change their mind due to previous posts
p.s. ED, WTG! nice post and I am glad somone sees this sitituation for what it is.

Auspex 10-28-2005 10:30 AM

So...I recognize a lot of you guys from racing the little cars but I don't know some of you that stick strictly to the Nitro beasts. I am still trying to find a way to race the minis but it looks like everyone has moved on.

Maybe I'll have to come out and see what the nitro is all about.

dockman2 10-28-2005 10:50 AM

Bill Im truly sorry if you take my post as always being negative. They are not intended that way but thats the problem with the Net. You cant always get the true intent. Maybe thats why you misunderstand my post and I guess I do the same with yours.

I didnt intend to stop the forming of a club and havent. Its going to happen and Im for it. I just didnt want a club that was going to run the tracks. I guess if you had come back and explained the intent of the club then everything would have been cool.
Same for the transponders. I would love a transponder setup. Hell it would benifit me more than anyone else since I usually run the computer. The racers wouldnt notice a thing since it works out the same anyway.
If its you or Wayne thats donating it then that would make sense and I wouldnt even question it. Hell I would be tickled pink! I just questioned why someone outside the group(if thats what it is) would be willing to do so and what strings are attached. I thought it was a resonable question.
Im glad you say whats on your mind and I wish everyone would do the same instead of being quiet because they dont want to get involved in our discussion. I guess to me it seems as if Im not supposed to say whats on my mind.
Like I said thats the problem with the net. If we could get together at Scotts tonight then maybe everyone would understand where everyone else is coming from.

SManMTB 10-28-2005 10:50 AM

Just my $0.02....

I think it's great that someone is willing to spend the big $$$ on a system, however, I think it's up to Wayne/Scott to decide what to do and how they want to run their tracks. I enjoy the laid-back style we have now and hope it can continue that way.
Yeah, this post looks PC, I know.

edit:
I have a previous engagement for tonight so I can't come out and discuss.

Big Stampy 10-28-2005 10:52 AM

Please define who is "in" and "out" of the group

dockman2 10-28-2005 10:53 AM

Chris I agree totally. I guess I just dont come across the same way on here.

dockman2 10-28-2005 10:56 AM

Stampy I guess that would be , if you race at the track your IN, if you dont then your not. Cant see why someone that dosnt race there would be in but thats just my opinion and how I see it in my mind. I guess I will get burned for that one also.

Big Stampy 10-28-2005 10:57 AM

Don't be defensive, I just wanted your definition.

SManMTB 10-28-2005 10:58 AM

ORIGINAL: dockman2

Chris I agree totally. I guess I just dont come across the same way on here.
I'd be thrilled to have a system. I've got a transponder already in my parts box. If nothing else the computer guys (Scott and Kevin) can race more.
What ever happens, keep it simple. [sm=thumbup.gif]

Big Stampy 10-28-2005 11:01 AM

Just a few musings here....a club would help organize a loosely knit group of guys that like to have fun together. It would give some basis of a legitimate club, even if the basis was just to go to strip clubs every other Friday night. More importantly, YOU are the Charlottesville R/C ers so to speak. It would be nice in my opinion to make the most of that position. Maybe show up as a group at Homer's or Amherst once in a while. Maybe...

I raced at Scott's three times. Does that make me "in"?

Big-ED 10-28-2005 11:05 AM

Well Put Stampy[sm=thumbup.gif]

ORIGINAL: Big Stampy

Just a few musings here....a club would help organize a loosely knit group of guys that like to have fun together. It would give some basis of a legitimate club, even if the basis was just to go to strip clubs every other Friday night. More importantly, YOU are the Charlottesville R/C ers so to speak. It would be nice in my opinion to make the most of that position. Maybe show up as a group at Homer's or Amherst once in a while. Maybe...

I raced at Scott's three times. Does that make me "in"?